Cannot build Stealth Bomber

Liborio

Chieftain
Ever since steam patched civV i cannot build (i can't purchase them either) stealth bombers, stating "Special type unit cannot be built". Is this a bug of some kind? I have aluminum and the necessary techs and i could build them before the patch, but not now :(

Did the patch change anything or did i stumble upon a bug?

The only mention of Stealth Bombers in the patch notes is that they can no longer be placed on Carriers. However, I have a save file from another post-patch game and I can build Stealth Bombers in it. Please double-check that you have discovered the Stealth tech and have Aluminum. If so, please post a save game that illustrates the problem. Thanks!

The only mention of Stealth Bombers in the patch notes is that they can no longer be placed on Carriers. However, I have a save file from another post-patch game and I can build Stealth Bombers in it. Please double-check that you have discovered the Stealth tech and have Aluminum. If so, please post a save game that illustrates the problem. Thanks!

My save now seems to be corrupted as the game always crashes when i load :mad:

I'll try one of the autosaves and see if it also has the same problem.

EDIT: None of my autosaves work either, strange :\

I'll post my save anyways, maybe this crashing problem is on my end.

Attachments

• Mongolia.Civ5Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 199
I was able to load your save and can confirm that you can't build a Stealth Bomber even though you have the required tech and Aluminum. I mentioned above that I had a save file in which I could build one. Perhaps that other game was started pre-patch; I'm checking. This problem also has been mentioned in the 2K Games forum. A workaround is to build a regular Bomber and then upgrade it to Stealth.

Moderator Action: Moved to the Confirmed Bugs forum.

I checked with the person who created the other game that I mentioned above. He states that it was created post-patch. So here's an attached save game (Stealth Bomber.Civ5Save) in which Moscow is building a Stealth Bomber.

Attachments

• Stealth Bomber.Civ5Save
    1.6 MB · Views: 172
A workaround is to build a regular Bomber and then upgrade it to Stealth.

This doesn't make sense to me. There's no upgrade path from bomber to stealth, at least, not in the original version; it's not like fighter to jet fighter, which does have an upgrade path. Unable to test right now, but the patch notes for 1.0.1.135 mention that lancers now upgrade to choppers and cavalry to tanks, but makes no mention of bomber to stealth. Can someone please clarify whether bombers upgrade to stealth?

This doesn't make sense to me. There's no upgrade path from bomber to stealth; it's not like fighter to jet fighter, which does have an upgrade path. Unable to test right now, but the patch notes for 1.0.1.135 mention that lancers now upgrade to choppers and cavalry to tanks, but makes no mention of bomber to stealth. Can someone please clarify whether bombers upgrade to stealth?

I admit that I didn't test this; I relied on the post in 2K Games in the above link. However, the Civilopedia entry for Bomber states that it can be upgraded to a Stealth Bomber. Is this not the case?

Confirmed from XML

Code:
<Row>
	<UnitType>UNIT_BOMBER</UnitType>
	<UnitClassType>UNITCLASS_STEALTH_BOMBER</UnitClassType>
</Row>
<Row>
	<UnitType>UNIT_AMERICAN_B17</UnitType>
	<UnitClassType>UNITCLASS_STEALTH_BOMBER</UnitClassType>
</Row>

for 1.0.1.135 - Bombers and B17s upgrade to Stealth Bombers

I can build and purchase Stealth Bombers in v. 1.0.1.217. I also have no problem upgrading Bombers to Stealth Bombers. I haven't been able to reproduce the "bug" in any new game with the 1.0.1.217 patch.

Top Bottom