Huge map wont load just small

msmatis

Chieftain
Hi,
first time when I play I set up earth and huge map everething was fine but i exit game. Today, I tried the same thing. However, now everytime the game starts, it's just a "Small" map with 1 AI player. I try evere setting with huge map but every time just SMALL map is loaded for me. I cant play any earth huge custom maps from here I have only SMALL maps:mad:
system spesc:
win7 64bit
cpu i7 920
8GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1GB

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Welcome to CFC!

Try this: From the Main Menu, select Single Player, Setup Game and Advanced Setup. Under Game Options, you should be able to select whatever size map you like. Does that help?

i set up huge map size in advance menu but map in game is small that is point. also i set up 12AI players and i have just 1AI on my small map:)

Next thing I suggest is to verify your cache file (Steam --> Library --> Games --> Right-click on Civ 5 --> Properties --> Local Files --> Verify integrity of Game Cache).

ok steam say: 1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired
steam also download 22,4MB file but that dont help me

steam say: "1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired" and download that same file again and again when i click on verify integrity
I alredy reinstal game but always that same

iam sure iam admin i also try run steam with clicking on run as admin:) but file was not replace

Perhaps your config.ini file has a problem. Rename it to something like config.txt, start a new game and see what happens. The file is located in

C:\Users\(username)\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5

Let's back to the beginning to make sure we're all on the same page. First, has this always happened (map size small, one AI and so on)? Or did it start to happen only after the 1.0.1.135 patch that went out on Dec. 15?

Next, start a new game and go into Advanced Setup. Make your choices look the same as the attached thumbnail. Map Type is continents, Map Size is huge, Civilizations 12, City-States 24. Select Start Game. Do you get any unusual messages while the game loads? Save your game right at the first turn and attach it here.

Finally, please attach your DxDiag file (see my sig for how to do so).

Thanks!

Attachments

• Advanced Setup.jpg
    Advanced Setup.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 587
I thing I know how set up map;) but that dont work for me. I buy game 3day ago that was patch out i think. first image is my advance setup and second is my small map with that huge map setting (when i pres esc i see huge label).

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0001.jpg
    Civ5Screen0001.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 580
  • Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 850
  • DxDiag.txt
    31.2 KB · Views: 158
Um...but your second image says "huge".

er...the minimap in the right bottom corner does not say anything about the world size, if you mean that. It has always this size at the beginning, and it will get readjusted when you explore more.

No it does not get bigger I have the same problem, ive tried deleting all my mods downloading a scenario and exploring the map but it is always a map the size of my screen. ( I've tried reintalling it too)

Hi guys,

did you managed this issue?
I currently experiencing the same problem...

let me know.

regards,

mm1

Welcome to CFC!

Please attach a save file that illustrates this problem. To attach a file, use the Post Reply button (not the Quick Reply window). Compose your message, then scroll down the screen and click the Manage Attachments button.

How do you know the map size if you just started the game?

You can make a save. Then go in and choose your save. It should tell you the size of map in the description.

The map will not show full size on the screen until more of it is explored. You will only see the AI in the diplomacy screen until you meet them.

Turn on single player score list. If it shows 10+ish unmet civs you know everything's okay.

Like everyone already said, when you start a new map your minimap always only covers the explored area which is probbaly what makes you think the map size is wrong?

Top Bottom