Yuffie Kisaragi, Advent Children version.

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
Well, a bit of a late Christmas present for everyone.... I decided to re-do the "Wutai Ninja" unit for the Final Fantasy mod, but base it off of the Advent Children version of Yuffie instead of the Final Fantasy VII version.

Catch that sneaky ninja

Enjoy!

Good unit.

The only thing I remember about Advent Calendar Children is that it made no sense and was terrible. Was Yuffie even in it? Well, obviously she was but what was her role? Tiny fan-service cameo?

Yuffie has fans?

Great job, Hikaro!

Goldflash, Yuffie helped fight (OMG, I can't think of his name even though I'm a huge FF fan! - I'll blame morning tiredness) the big dragon-like summon. Then she stuck around to cheer on Cloud as he fought Sephiroth.
The original version was a little fast-paced, jumpy, and a little hard to follow, but they tried to remedy that a bit in the extended version blu-ray, which I thought was great.

Again, great job on this, Hikaro.

Good unit.

Thanks guys!

Yuffie has fans?

Yes, as a matter of fact, I'm a Yuffie fan... I even spent about 5 hours on disc 1 at the Junon forest (the first forest you come across in the game) just so I could get Yuffie at the earliest possible juncture... A nice side benefit was that by the time I managed to get her in my party, I had about 100 boomerangs (weapon for her that was almost twice as good as her initial weapon) from stealing them from all the enemies that were in that area. :p

Well done hikaro! Have u ever had thoughts of a cloud unit? Or sephiroth? Bahahahaha. I vil burn yo village and Valk avay wit an evil grin on my face while engulfed by flamez. Bahahahaha.

Well done hikaro! Have u ever had thoughts of a cloud unit? Or sephiroth? Bahahahaha. I vil burn yo village and Valk avay wit an evil grin on my face while engulfed by flamez. Bahahahaha.

I actually DID a Cloud unit (to go with the Cloud Strife LH) a good while back, but I'm planning on re-doing that unit sometime soon as well (I have learned much since the first version, not to mention that I now have better props and figures to work with), and Shirokobure did a Sephiroth unit (Called the "One-Winged Angel")...

....Of course you can get all of them in my Final Fantasy mod. ;)

Oooooh sweet I'll try that out. The final fantasy series is what started my love for anything fantasy based. I can still hear the creepy music from the rainy town of zozo every nite in my head. :lol:

Oooooh sweet I'll try that out. The final fantasy series is what started my love for anything fantasy based. I can still hear the creepy music from the rainy town of zozo every nite in my head. :lol:

Haha. Yep, and now you put that music in my head.:crazyeye: I've never forgot that song playing a few seconds after the rain sound effect starts! What an awesome game that was!

Sorry for the OT, Hikaro. I just got reminiscing about FFVI, thanks to haluu.

No problem... If Haluu likes FF VI, then he should check out my Terra Branford and Imperial Magitek Sky Armor units. :D

...Although you guys should really thank Aaglo and Kinboat.... If it weren't for some of their fantasy units (such as Aaglo's Phaseship and Kinboat's Minotaurs), I would have never been inspired to make a Final Fantasy mod for Civ III, and if I'd never started the Final Fantasy mod, I'd have never bothered to learn how to use Poser or Bryce to make Buildings, Wonders, Units and Leaderheads....

With these re-done units coming out, does it mean that the FF mod is going to get a nice update this year? :)

With these re-done units coming out, does it mean that the FF mod is going to get a nice update this year? :)

Yes it does! Once I'm done re-doing a number of units that could use it, I'm going to work on finishing up the King units (including scouring the DB for any recent releases that I may have missed), after which I'm going to make a few more tweaks to the gameplay, finish up the UI and completely re-upload the mod.

...Oh, and since I've figured out how to set custom music for random map mods without any files causing the game to crash, I'm going to be hitting Overclocked Remix and going through their list of Final Fantasy Re-mixes to build a huge, whopping royalty-free music pack for the mod. :D

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that I'm also planning on releasing a special crossover scenario on a pre-set map (The map will feature a number of non-ff civs that will always be in play and always start at the same locations, with the rest of the civs being taken up by the more popular Final Fantasy factions, who will start at an equal number of randomly assigned locations.... Basically the premise of the scenario is that the Final Fantasy factions are interlopers into the world and their arrival causes a number of events to drastically alter....)

Top Bottom