Napoleonic Wars II - Global

The Guardian

Praetorian

It is 1795. There has been a revolution in France. Louis XVI has been executed. All of Europe has been thrown into an era of turmoil and
war that will change the face of the continent forever and come to be known as the era of:

The Napoleonic Wars

As the European nations eagerly stretch forth their hands seeking for greater wealth and power, the rest of the world does not sit by idly watching.

China - The Forbidden Empire
After the reign of Qianlong (r. 1736–95), China was encountering a succession of economic and political crises that shook the foundation of the empire.
Around the mid-nineteenth century, foreign powers force open several ports along the Chinese coast for international trade. Shanghai flourishes and
becomes a commercial magnet for artists and craftsmen from all over the country. In the urban centers especially, a growing demand for household and
personal items fosters diverse styles in wood carving, textiles, painting, and ceramics. Auspicious symbols, folk deities, and literary characters
feature regularly in aesthetic objects for popular consumption.

The White Lotus Rebellion, 1796 to 1804

Originating during the Mongol period, the White Lotus religious society grew in the countryside as its founders appealed to the impoverished peasantry.
The society promised that the Maitreya Buddha would come into the world, restore the Ming Dynasty and wipe out all disaster and suffering. Over time,
the White Lotus Society had spread through the region where the current provinces of Hubei, Sichuan and Shanxi join. This area was a mountainous
frontier where local inhabitants tended to the law. Eventually, the White Lotus Rebellion started as a protest against Qing tax collection.
Scattered and growing outbreaks characterized the rebellion making it difficult for the corrupted Qing rulers and imperial army to control. Only with a
change of Emperors and an intensified effort by military commanders was the rebellion suppressed. The Qing walled in and guarded villages with a military
presence to prevent rebels from rallying the peasants. The drawn out Qing effort to suppress the rebellion cost it dearly in terms of its silver and
reputation for invincibility.

The British Opium War, 1840 to 1842

In the mid 1700’s, the British East India Company began producing opium in India and shipping it into Guangzhou, China to pay for teas being shipped to
London. In actuality, opium sales were so brisk Chinese silver began to flow out of China to pay for the unbalanced opium demand. The Qing administrators
became alarmed at a growing monetary crisis. Separately in 1834, the British government ended the East India Company’s monopoly on British trade with
China and dispatched a British official to Guangzhou to supervise trade directly. The British official arrived and immediately demanded treatment based
on diplomatic equality with the emperor. The Qing faced a dilemma. If they accepted the “diplomatic equality” demand, it would diminish the emperor’s
position. At the same time, they could no longer tolerate the inflow of opium into China, as it was devastating society. In the end, the Qing dispatched
an Imperial Commissioner to Guangzhou in 1839. After heavy coercion, British opium traders surrendered their opium stocks to Commissioner Lin Zexu.
Unfortunately, the British did not take this lightly and dispatched warships to Guangzhou. By 1842, after about six battles along China’s southeast coast,
the British won the war and forced the Qing to sign the Nanjing Treaty in August of 1842 (See Anglo-China Treaties below). It was at the end of this war
that the Chinese conceded to the British what was then a barren island off the Southern coast of china called, Hong Kong Island.

Japan - The Secret Empire
1804—Japan Refuses Trade with Russian Ships

1825—Shogunate Bars Foreign Ships
Shogun Ienari issued Gaikokusen Uchiharai Rei, an order for repelling foreign ships and a reaffirmation of the National Seclusion policy enacted by
Tokugawa Iemitsu in 1639. The new order was declared in response to an increasing number of foreign ships, particularly whaling ships, which entered
Japanese waters and threatened Japan's determination to prevent interaction with western nations.

1837—American Merchant Ship Fired Upon
The American merchant ship Morrison arrived in Japan ostensibly to repatriate shipwrecked Japanese sailors, but with the intent of establishing trade.
The Morrison also brought missionaries. Fired upon and forced to leave, the Morrison expedition was the first of many unsuccessful attempts by American
ships to enter Japanese waters.

1837—Tokugawa Ieyoshi Becomes 12th Shogun

1839—Shogunate Cracks Down on Western Scholarship
The renewal of anti-western policies was partially motivated by the arrival of the American ship Morrison, also coupled with continued attempts by
Russian, European and American ships to enter Japan. Japanese scholars who criticized the seclusion policy paid a high price for their views.

1853—Tokugawa Iesada Becomes 13th Shogun
The son of Tokugawa Ieyoshi, Iesada became 13th Shogun at 29, presiding over the negotiations with American Commodore Matthew Perry. Often ill,
Ieyoshi died childless five years later.

1853—Commodore Perry Demands Japan Open to Trade
American Commodore Matthew Perry led an expedition to open diplomatic and commercial relations between Japan and the United States.
Forceful and arrogant, he refused to enter the foreigners' port of Nagasaki and went directly to Uraga, near the Shogun's capital.
Entering Edo Bay on July 2, 1853 with 967 men on four ships (including two steam-powered vessels) mounting sixty-one guns, Perry demanded that Japan
open its ports to American trade. His war ships were larger than any the Japanese had seen, and their dark hulls earned them the name of "black ships."
Perry demanded negotiations on his own terms, and declared that he would return the next year to receive the Japanese response.

We have used El Mencies Huge earth map 362 X 326 with extensive editing and revisions.

Europe

America

Including 24 Civilizations, each with its own form of government

France............Poland...................Ottoman Empire
Britain............Denmark.................Arabia
Spain.............Netherlands.............Persia
Russia............Sweden..................Zululand
Portugal..........Bavaria..................Barbary Pirates
Austria...........Saxony...................India
Prussia...........Kingdom of Naples....Japan
America..........Native Americans.....China

There are 192 buildings/improvements many of which are new

More than 370 unique units, many of which were created specifically for this Mod by unit creation artist Imperator1961 to whom we are eternally grateful.

As well as some of finest unit creations from nearly every unit creator in the Civilization Fanatics Forum. We thank ALL the unit creation artists for their excellent contributions.

Many new Wonders Great and Small

We have also changed the look of the Mod by incorporating Ares De Borg TERRAIN PACK II.: OPEN BETA

In addition, I would like to thank all the graphics artists whose contributions we have included in the Modding of this game.

I would like to give my personal special thanks to Imperator1961 who patiently suffered my repeated requests for special
units (even after my repeated promises of “This is the last one”) Thanks Imperator – you’re the best

Special thanks to Nexxo, Moff, and Eclipse (My Team) – Thanks guys couldn’t done it without ya.

I would also like to thank all the members who have posted comments, suggestions and ideas on the forum,
who have unknowingly and unintentionally assisted in making this mod what is by simply participating in the forum by posting
a comment, question, answer, idea, or suggestion that may have contributed a spark that ignited the fire that drove the inspiration
for the completion of this mod. Thank you all.

Final Release files
Download game files here - Napoleonic Wars Global ver 1.01

Download Napoleonic Wars Global upgrade to Ver 1.04A

Attachments

• x_titlejpg.jpg
    x_titlejpg.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 8,925
Nice Eye Candy and background info - looks spectacular. I'll definitely take a look when I have some time.

One quick question, I am a nub, but this seems to be happening a lot lately; every time I download something marked as a BIQ file I get a .rar. Am I supposed to convert it somehow or....? Again, I am a nub.

Disregard that.

I already downloaded it. I only got to play one turn as the Native Americans and the Americans. I just looked at units and the tech tree and the civolpedia. The civilopedia really needs work done on it, and there are like no roads in the Americans. Also some improvements have 2000 shields(i think the coastal fortress) and i couldn't build the american marine base for some reason.

I already downloaded it. I only got to play one turn as the Native Americans and the Americans. I just looked at units and the tech tree and the civolpedia. The civilopedia really needs work done on it, and there are like no roads in the Americans. Also some improvements have 2000 shields(i think the coastal fortress) and i couldn't build the american marine base for some reason.

There are no roads in the western US because indians didn't build roads. There are only limited number of roads in eastern US because that is the way it was. In order to build the American Marine barracks, you must first build the American Naval academy. The coastal Fortress is very expensive. It is a very powerful infastructure and therefore is very expensive as are some units such as 1st rate SOTL and flag ships. If you have a specific problem with the civilopedia, please give specific details so that we can address the issue.

I just took a quick look at the Biq. file, and I'm afraid to say it needs some work:
-The names of many cities are wrong(mainly in the Dutch East Indies).
-Ethiopia was independent, not controlled by Italy
-Arabia seems to control all the Arab states outside of the Arabian peninsula.
-China includes every nation in the far east: Korea, Siam, Malaysia, and even Guam(which was Spanish)

However, this still looks very impressive, well done!

I just took a quick look at the Biq. file, and I'm afraid to say it needs some work:
-The names of many cities are wrong(mainly in the Dutch East Indies).
-Ethiopia was independent, not controlled by Italy
-Arabia seems to control all the Arab states outside of the Arabian peninsula.
-China includes every nation in the far east: Korea, Siam, Malaysia, and even Guam(which was Spanish)

However, this still looks very impressive, well done!

Appreciate your observations. China will remain as it is simply to represent it's sphere of influence and because I don't want to add any more civs for the sake of balance.

You are also correct about Guam, that should be a spanish colony and I have corrected that in the biq file.

Ethiopia was independent, and I have changed Addis Abeba to Zulu ownership and deleted Veii.

I will check the names of the dutch east indies colonies and change them to their appropriate names. I suggest that those who know how to use the editor make these changes also. I will include these changes in the next update of the biq file.

Thanks again Bengal Tiger

For example, in the civilopedia, it does not say what the American marine base requires. I think that when you have an improvement that requires another improvement, that should be told in the civilopedia.

But other than that, I liked the look of it, even thought i only got to play a little.

thank u guardian its great:)

Thank YOU kadavrali. I'm sure that everyone that participated in the making of this mod appreciates your recognition of their efforts. It is always good to hear. I'm sure that when the rest of the team reviews your post they too will be pleased. Thank again.

For example, in the civilopedia, it does not say what the American marine base requires. I think that when you have an improvement that requires another improvement, that should be told in the civilopedia.

We appreciate your observation and will try to address this in the next update.

Congratulations Guardian on your successful launch of Napoleonic Wars: Global. This scenario is extremely rich with units, improvements, and all sorts of other details. I'm also very impressed on how smoothly she runs despite that huge map size. Great work!

Congratulations Guardian on your successful launch of Napoleonic Wars: Global. This scenario is extremely rich with units, improvements, and all sorts of other details. I'm also very impressed on how smoothly she runs despite that huge map size. Great work!

:lol: Thanks Moff, You can also take a bow for all the work you've done as well. Great job my friend. :goodjob:

Crashed at turn 2 , missing civilopedia entry for persian rocket or sth like that.
Btw ,france dont have Hanoi at that time and alot of french city moved to the caribbean

Top Bottom