The Ugly side of Pro-Choice....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MobBoss

Off-Topic Overlord
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/19/philadelphia-abortion-doctor-charged-counts-murder/

An excerpt:

Williams said during a press conference Wednesday that Gosnell "induced labor, forced the live birth of viable babies in the sixth, seventh, eighth month of pregnancy and then killed those babies by cutting into the back of the neck with scissors and severing their spinal cord."

This is just horrific. Hopefully, the facts will support the charges and we can get this particular (alleged) murderer and his accomplicies put away for a good long while.

Comments? Please discuss.

Throw the book at him. Make an example of this scumbag.

Interesting that the murder charge is in relation to the death of a patient - that might be hard to prove on the intent side.

Also interesting is the number of malpractice suits. Something needs to been done to curb that as it is driving up healthcare costs.

Disgusting, but i am still okay with normal abortion!

1. "Thats gross" is a distraction.

2. Also what he did was illegal, which you fail to mention. I doubt many pro-choicers would be endorsing this.

3. Banning abortion would lead to an increase backalley procedures like this guy was performing.

Assuming the charges are true, how is he any worse than any number of other professionals who abuse their job in any number of ways from simple corruption to murder?

Its not the "ugly side of pro-choice", its the ugly side of humanity.

Next up, "when did you stop beating your wife?"

1. "Thats gross" is a distraction.

2. Also what he did was illegal, which you fail to mention. I doubt many pro-choicers would be endorsing this.

3. Banning abortion would lead to an increase backalley procedures like this guy was performing.

These werent 'back-alley' abortions, and fwiw, there are indeed pro-abortion followers that advocate late term abortions such as these. This story simply highlights the horror of such late term efforts.

According to the district attorney's office, Gosnell is facing murder in the third degree for the death of 41-year-old Karnamaya Mongar. The patient died Nov. 20, 2009, when she was overdosed with anesthetics prescribed by Gosnell, according to the station.

Just to make clear, the murder charge is for the death of a 41 year old.

Yet another reason for why I am against abortion.

The ugly side of carrying to term:

PHILADELPHIA - January 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- The mother of a 2-month-old boy who died of starvation and dehydration at a West Philadelphia homeless shelter has been charged with murder and endangering the welfare of a child. Police say 32-year-old Tanya Williams was charged Friday night in the death of Quasir Alexander two days before Christmas in the Traveler's Aid Shelter in West Philadelphia.

Lt. Raymond Evers says the baby had been living with his mother, a twin and other siblings at the shelter, which houses about 75 families.

Lutheran Children and Family Service, which runs the shelter, calls the death tragic and says it "has saddened us deeply." Executive director Richard Gitlen says the organization had been providing the mother "short-term voluntary services" until Dec. 21. He said the group is investigating.
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=7876511

Abortion should remain legal and for good reason. I am for abortion.

This has nothing to do with pro-choice anymore than someone shooting a baby has anything to do with pro-gun ownership.

I disagree. This has just as much to do with pro-choice as the murderous acts of an abortion clinic bomber have to do with anti-abortion. Just the opposite side of the coin here.

Abortion as a form of birth control should be made illegal, and nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

Just to make clear, the murder charge is for the death of a 41 year old.

Just to be clear, you could try reading the article. There are 8 counts of murder.

Philadelphia Abortion Doctor Charged With 8 Counts of Murder

An abortion doctor who catered to minorities, immigrants and poor women was charged with eight counts of murder in the deaths of a patient and seven babies who were born alive and then killed with scissors, prosecutors said Wednesday.

Abortion should remain legal and for good reason. I am for abortion.

Ah, but are you for mid to late term abortions? Are you for abortion without restriction? In any circumstance?

Wait, you want to encourage this behaviour? Cause dangerous illegal abortions are what happens if pro-life get their way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom