[Addons] Additional Wonders

ambrox62

Emperor
All wonder addons are fully compatible with 1.383 patch

A brief introducing overview...

I've been quite surprised about the really unexpected number of download of my The Seven Ancient Wonders mod. It has scored more than 16000 DLs during its lifetime, meaning that people appreciate it.
New wonders seem a way to play CiV that people like enough. Thus I've released more wonders to play both with or without The Seven Ancient Wonders mod.
I've released them as single addon to let players to decide which wonders they wish.
Enjoy them !!! :)

Ancient Era Wonders
The Totem ---> V. 2 - Jul 12, 2011
The Sphinx ---> UPD - V. 4 - Sep 17, 2011
Knossos Palace ---> NEW - Sep 9, 2011
Abu Simbel ---> NEW - Sep 9, 2011
Tower of Babel ---> UPD - V. 4 - Sep 17, 2011
Solomon's Temple ---> UPD - V. 5 - Sep 17, 2011

Classical Era Wonders
Isthar Gate ---> UPD - V. 4 - Sep 17, 2011
The Parthenon ---> UPD - V. 3 - Sep 17, 2011
Platonic Academy ---> UPD - V. 2 - Sep 17, 2011
Pergamon Altar ---> UPD - V. 2 - Sep 17, 2011
Petra ---> UPD - V. 3 - Sep 17, 2011
Flavian Amphitheatre ---> V. 2 - Jul 12, 2011

Medieval Era Wonders
Pont du Gard ---> V. 2 - Jul 12, 2011
Moai Statues ---> V. 3 - Jul 12, 2011
Sankore Madrasah ---> V. 2 - Jul 12, 2011

Renaissance Era Wonders
Magellan's Expedition ---> V. 2 - Jul 12, 2011
Kiyomizu-dera ---> NEW - Sep 19, 2011

Industrial Era Wonders
Pink and White Terraces ---> NEW - Sep 22, 2011
Schloss Neuschwanstein
Panama Canal

Modern Era Wonders
Carnival
Golden Gate Bridge
Three Gorges Dam

Future Era Wonders
Large Hadron Collider

Duplicated Wonder Arts
(splash and icon arts related to wonders released by other modders)
The Alhambra
Potala Palace

Special thanks to Hulfgar for french translations :goodjob:

Moai Statues Wonder is out ;)

You may download it using the CiV mod browser or HERE

---> V. 2 - Jan 25, 2011 <---
- slightly better cut of the same splash screen

Screenshots
Spoiler :

Thanks ambrox62. Your wonders are very nicely done and really spice up the game for me. I don't play with them too often though because of the rearranging of the other wonders on the tech tree. Is there a way to play with your wonders while leaving the others where they are in vanilla? And I can't wait to see the others you are making!

Making wonders is something I've actually been trying to learn how to do. I'm currently reading Kael's modguide but it's been rough learning everything. I hope I'm able to create some as great as these.

Request: This request is by effect, not name. I think it would be fun to have a wonder that comes early (ancient era) that is like Angkor Wat but only 25%. This way if you can nab these 2 wonders your borders will grow at twice the rate of other civs. (It would preferrably be a wonder that doesn't clash TOO much with Angkor's aesthetic.) If you don't manage to get both then there will be at least two civs out there expanding faster than usual which leads to more variety on the map.

Also, I created a forum for wonder ideas recently. I don't think all of them would work but it might serve as a nice source for ideas/inspiration.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=407925

Nice work, ambrox. Your icon quality is always good, and makes your wonders an easy choice to add to mods.

Thanks to everyone who appreciate my work :)

I've just released Moai Statues V.2 HERE

Include it in your mods if you prefer the modified cut on the splash screen
Spoiler :

Request: This request is by effect, not name. I think it would be fun to have a wonder that comes early (ancient era) that is like Angkor Wat but only 25%. This way if you can nab these 2 wonders your borders will grow at twice the rate of other civs. (It would preferrably be a wonder that doesn't clash TOO much with Angkor's aesthetic.) If you don't manage to get both then there will be at least two civs out there expanding faster than usual which leads to more variety on the map.

Also, I created a forum for wonder ideas recently. I don't think all of them would work but it might serve as a nice source for ideas/inspiration.

Your wonder forum is a really good idea. When I finish my ancient wonders collection, I'll go straight for the modern ones ;)

Your 25% Angkor Wat effect is also an interesting idea. My next Tower of Babel might do the job. After all it was a spreading culture building ( following the biblical account). Post on your forum a kind of poll about it, and tell me the results.

I don't play with them too often though because of the rearranging of the other wonders on the tech tree.

You are talking about the additional 3 of the 7 ancient wonders, right?
Because of the OT, my answer is here

Temple of Solomon then.

You read my thoughts :D
I just need a good quality image of the exterior of the temple. I've searched a lot, but haven't found the right picture till now.

You read my thoughts :D
I just need a good quality image of the exterior of the temple. I've searched a lot, but haven't found the right picture till now.

I searched, you're right not too many to choose from. Strangely, Yandex gives better results than Google.

Well, this is the best one I found -
http://dic.academic.ru/pictures/wiki/files/83/Second_Temple.jpg

other relatively good ones -
http://www.agedefyingwomen.com/i//photo_king_solomons_temple_large.jpg
http://thesentone.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/templeoverview.jpg

The Sphinx Wonder - version 2 - Mar 5, 2011

You may download it HERE or using CiV mod browser

Changelog
-----------
V.2 - Wonder cost aligned to latest patch

Screenshots
Spoiler :

I was actually trying to work on just that recently.

Did some serious photoshopping to get a decent splash

Attachments

• WonderConceptNeuschwanstein.jpg
    WonderConceptNeuschwanstein.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 15,962
Times ago I made it

Attachments

• schloss-neuschwanstein.2.jpg
    schloss-neuschwanstein.2.jpg
    499 KB · Views: 719
I was actually trying to work on just that recently.
Did some serious photoshopping to get a decent splash

Just a tip from my experience.
When you draw a splash screen pay attention that the lower quarter will be covered by the dark text area. Thus the main scene must stay in the upper 3/4 of the image
In your case, for example, the lower half of the castle will not be visible

Top Bottom