OCCC (one city challenge club) take2 ?

cas

Emperor
Greetings.

Original bullpen/thread here by madscientist:
OCCC (One City Challenge Club) Bullpen

MadScientist let the series die...if there is any interest in starting it back up, I can revive it for ~10 games...1 per week. Probably 2/ea noble-prince-monarch-emporer. Then 1/ea imm-deity.

I'd like to choose a preferred VC for some of the games so we can have a little competition/comparison at the given difficulty. But all VC will be enabled in case you want to go a different route. First setup would be Gandhi / Fractal / Normal / space preferred VC...something easy to get back into the OCC groove.

Let me know if you have any suggestions for the series. I'd like to gauge interest before starting it up (again).

First game up: Gandhi-India-Noble-Fractal-SPACE preferred VC
Second game: Boudica-Celts-Prince-Global Highlands-CONQUEST preferred VC
Third game: Bismark-Germany-Prince-Lakes-DIPLO preferred VC

cas

Put one up. Will try to. The best part about OCC is the quick games.

I am currently playing an OCC as France on the Earth18 map, which I think is a quite interesting position (good resources but a huge map, so conquest is out, possibility for wonder spam, espionage, etc., good first trait (ind) but useless second (cre). I can start a "challenge" thread on that?

I'll be posting the first game tonight after work. I have the map generated and playtested it most of the way through.

Gandhi - Fractal - Noble - normal speed - no huts / no events - OCC
Space prefered VC.

cas

Love me some OCCs. Thanks, cas. I think if we're going to try for all VC (culture's not possible, and domination would be REEEEEEALLY difficult,) pry ought to get conquest out of the way while it's still a manageable difficulty level... Mebbe some Panzer on LB action with Prince Biz Markee?

For conquest, I think the most doable map is inland sea. You don't have to go seafaring (which is a pain since you can't establish a bridgehead) but each civ generally only borders one other on each side, making it easier to start somewhere and work around the circle in one direction, while keeping resettlement to a minimum.

Edit: also, conquest is certainly possible on emperor, provided the map is not too large, so there's not too much hurry...

For conquest, I think the most doable map is inland sea. You don't have to go seafaring (which is a pain since you can't establish a bridgehead) but each civ generally only borders one other on each side, making it easier to start somewhere and work around the circle in one direction, while keeping resettlement to a minimum.

Edit: also, conquest is certainly possible on emperor, provided the map is not too large, so there's not too much hurry...

I like inland sea also, but I'm going to save that map script for a higher level game. Next game will be Boudica on a global highlands map...conquest preferred VC. probably will need to cross ocean, because I think that adds a good challenge to see how fast you can finish...and adds some difficulty to the game rather than just spam units and death march your SoD across one continent.

cas

@cas
It would really help if when you start a game, you post a link here

I did. I edited the first post and was planning to put all the games there. But I think you are saying I should make a new reply each time I start a new game...for anyone who is subscribed would then be notified ?

cas

Would it be possible to create these OCCC games with BUFFY mod (familiar from GOTMs) or similar (BUG) on? It would help a lot with trades and keeping track of things when you don't need to check every advisor each turn for changes in their mood...

Would it be possible to create these OCCC games with BUFFY mod (familiar from GOTMs) or similar (BUG) on? It would help a lot with trades and keeping track of things when you don't need to check every advisor each turn for changes in their mood...

I'll be posting the next game as a wb file so you can play as a scenario with whatever mod. Not committing to creating multiple wb files for different difficulty levels yet.

Also, if you didn't know...you can always load the normal save (w/out mod), enter worldbuilder, and save as a wb file. Then exit, load your fav mod, and play as a scenario. You should cover the screen or zoom in all the way if you don't want to see the map. You'll also see the AI opponents on the initial load screen when it asks which civ you want to play...but you can cover/ignore if you try. Not elegant, but it works.

cas

I'll be posting the next game as a wb file so you can play as a scenario with whatever mod. Not committing to creating multiple wb files for different difficulty levels yet.

Also, if you didn't know...you can always load the normal save (w/out mod), enter worldbuilder, and save as a wb file. Then exit, load your fav mod, and play as a scenario. You should cover the screen or zoom in all the way if you don't want to see the map. You'll also see the AI opponents on the initial load screen when it asks which civ you want to play...but you can cover/ignore if you try. Not elegant, but it works.

cas

Thanks! Gotta try this out. I probably won't be able to not get spoiled in the process, though... :lol:

I'll put one out this weekend. Not enough time during the week. Probably a diplo. Haven't picked a leader/map yet.

cas

Top Bottom