Slavery & Stacking Unhappiness + Hammer Overflow Concept

Gwaja

King
From lurking around and reading posts from high level players, it is obvious that they know the slavery mechanics down very solidly. Players like TheMeInTeam almost make things look too easy in his videos too, which is really amazing.

My question is: how often do you stack your :mad:? And is there an easy way to know when you get one :mad: citizen from whipping anger disappear if you stacked your :mad:? For example, if I sacrificed another set of citizens before the first whip anger is gone, the game just shows that you get 2 :mad: for your whipping with the total number of turns for the :mad: to entirely disappear, but not showing the number of turns for the first :mad: to disappear.

My personal rule is that I almost never sacrifice one citizen. On Normal speed, I usually try to wait until I can get the most number of :hammers: from a whip. And I never sacrifice citizens on the first turn of building anything because that seems to be more costly, though I don't know the calculation behind the formula. Also, sacrificing citizens for wonders seem to work on a completely different formula as well, which I am also lost at.

For example, since a normal sacrifice of 1 citizen = 30 :hammers: on Normal speed, I try to accumulate as many :hammers: as possible just before the the 30 threshold to sacrifice citizens. So for a building that costs 60 :hammers:, I prefer to get to 29 :hammers: before sacrificing citizens to ensure that I get a 2 population whip, with the most number of :hammers: into an overflow.

Am I doing this right or am I missing something here?

Finally, if you have a very solid commerce city that generates a ton of science working well developed cottages with low :hammers: and :food: production, would you still consider using slavery to whip out a university there?

And is there an easy way to know when you get one :mad: citizen from whipping anger disappear if you stacked your :mad:? For example, if I sacrificed another set of citizens before the first whip anger is gone, the game just shows that you get 2 :mad: for your whipping with the total number of turns for the :mad: to entirely disappear, but not showing the number of turns for the first :mad: to disappear.

At normal speed, look at the least significant digit - that will tell you how many turns until one :mad: goes away.

For instance, 25 turns always means 3 :mad: right now, with one going away in 5 turns, the next in 15 turns, and the last in 25 turns.

ps - useful stuff lives in the War Academy.

At normal speed, look at the least significant digit - that will tell you how many turns until one :mad: goes away.

For instance, 25 turns always means 3 :mad: right now, with one going away in 5 turns, the next in 15 turns, and the last in 25 turns.
That is incredibly useful info! Thank you!

Wow! A great article! Thank you!

Finally, if you have a very solid commerce city that generates a ton of science working well developed cottages with low :hammers: and :food: production, would you still consider using slavery to whip out a university there?

Most often yes, you want to have some farms or other sources of food in every commerce city till the university step is done, can also keep some forests just for this.
It's highly dependant on the difficulty level/number of cities, but as a requirement for Oxford it usually makes sense.

Don't know if you have the BUG mod installed? I think there is some extra info on the city screen for that. Well, it tells you the overflow and stuff without you needing to work it out :p or maybe its with BULL...
Sometimes its worth using an engineer for Oxford, too.

Don't know if you have the BUG mod installed? I think there is some extra info on the city screen for that. Well, it tells you the overflow and stuff without you needing to work it out :p or maybe its with BULL...
Sometimes its worth using an engineer for Oxford, too.

That's indeed a BUG feature, not BULL.

Top Bottom