Realism Invictus crashes on Win7 x64

pofigist

Chieftain
Hi,

I am trying to run Invictus BTS mod on my win 7 x64 machine and it keeps crashing right at the start after I click Launch! in the Single Player's Custome Game. The crash info is:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.1.9.0
Application Timestamp: 4a0c27e6
Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4d56ed28
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00102dd0
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 4105
Additional Information 1: 8485
Additional Information 2: 84853502223d8164a31468861a7c3d71
Additional Information 3: a4ea
Additional Information 4: a4eacf9d27e5ee8cb3a70ac0035eb8ab

The machine has 6GB RAM and is running using ATI 3850 video card which should be sufficient.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Moderator Action: Corrected typos in the thread title.

In case it makes any difference, when selecting custom game I am selecting the following options:

Random Personalities
No Tech Trade
Random Seed

also no Time limit as a game win option.

I also use Continents as a world model ( with all other settings at default ) and I remove one AI player ( 6 players instead of 7 on standard world size ).

Yeah, I recognize this one. It is a weird bug that haunts us for quite a long while - mostly because we cannot reproduce it. If you're still running into it (because it has a tendency to cease on its own), would you be so kind as to enable error logging in the ini file, trigger it and post the error logs here? For getting rid of the bug, I can recommend trying to start a custom game with no options selected, all options selected or selecting random stuff. Once it goes away after you try something, it does not return. Sorry if all this sounds weird, but so is this bug. :)

My Documents (Мои документы)/My Games/Beyond the Sword/CivilizationIV.ini

LoggingEnabled = 1

The logs can be later found in My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Logs

Thanks in advance! :goodjob:

hmm... it seems I can no longer repro the issue. I wonder if the problem I was seeing is somehow related to the fact that I've never actually used Play Now! before. Even when playing vanilla BTS I always used custom game. It might be something to try.

In fact, it was quite a fresh install of the whole CIv IV stack. Fresh original Civ IV install, updated to the last fix pack, then vanilla Warlords on top of that, updated to the last fix pack, then BTS on top of that, updated to the last fix pack. Played a couple of BTS vanilla cusom games, that's it. After that installed Invictus and tried custom game again, which was crashing.

I get the same crash. The only custom options that I have changed from the default are no time victory and no culture victory and random seed.

Everything else has remained as default.

Also, I am using Windows XP Service Pack 3

Edit: It seems that Custom Continents was the culprit, Fantasy Realm works for me.

I get the same crash. The only custom options that I have changed from the default are no time victory and no culture victory and random seed.

Everything else has remained as default.

Also, I am using Windows XP Service Pack 3

Edit: It seems that Custom Continents was the culprit, Fantasy Realm works for me.

So the issue is resolved for you?

Sort of. I still get all sorts of random crashes all the time like when an animal enters the screen or when I try to right click on something in the build screen to go to its pedia entry. I can barely play 2 turns without some sort of crash. And this is on a PC that runs RiFE without issues.

I pretty much gave up on this because it is so unstable.

That's very strange. It is stable as a brick on my machine. I only ran into CTD once or twice in later game. Stuff like that shouldn't be happening. Do you play on high graphical settings?

Well yes, but my machine runs RiFE on the same settings so that should not be the problem.

I asked just because I play on high as well; might have been some problem at lower settings. But this is definitely not how our mod is supposed to behave. Do you have a 32-bit or 64-bit OS? If 32, is MAF fix applied?

64 Bit Service Pack 3 for XP. And what MAF fix?

i keep getting CTD on the very same turn multible times in a row.
I play on custom game with the same settings as normal except that I disabled raging barbarians.

Hello Walter, I have same problem like pofigist. My OS is Win 7 x64 SP1, and I like to play on world map, preferably with Germans. First, I this OS only to play BTS RI, and in the beginning I have no craches on Monarch difficulty. Soon after I made my first game on Emperor difficulty game start to crash around 1000AD. I'm trying to avoid the problem with different setting, different race and etc...but without success. Now I uninstall Civilization 4 and RI mod, and reinstall all the stuff from the beginning. Now I play with Indians on Emperor with no errors, but we will see ...I will provide log and save file if problem occur again. Thank you

Top Bottom