To all modders

vincentz

Programmer
I have recently found a small, but very effective tweak, and wanted to spread the word, but also get confirmation that it actually works :D

After I had played a +size map for a couple of hundred turns, the game started to become sluggish. I'm sure you all know about that and have experienced something similar (slow response with animations/cityscreen/city selection etc etc) and the bigger the map/mod the earlier the slowdown. It could even end up with a MAF or CtD on some mods. Sometimes it would help cleaning the cache (holding shift when loading) but other times this would have short, limited or almost no effect. With me so far?

So I went to the debug menu (ctlr+D) and found that Rebuilding Terrain on the first page had an extremely possitive effect, being that after it finished the rebuilding (which is a lot faster than reloading) the game would respond much much faster.

So... does it work?, or is it only on my old computer it has this effect?

Cheers
Vincentz

So I went to the debug menu (ctlr+D) and found that Rebuilding Terrain on the first page had an extremely positive effect, being that after it finished the rebuilding (which is a lot faster than reloading) the game would respond much much faster.

So... does it work?, or is it only on my old computer it has this effect?

Cheers
Vincentz

I dont understand what or how to use what your saying, i pressed Ctrl+D and it didnt do anything?

then you be "wow'ed" by ctlr+z ;) and alt+x :eek:

two simple tools I couldnt live without when optimizing AI

I can see what Ctrl z does, really dont need that, but what is the effects of Alt x, color changing an area? Doesnt make sense to me?

Also as part of your original question on Rebuilding Terrain, trouble is you have to RE-DO it each and every game, otherwise it doesnt work:confused: I haven't gotten reallll far in a game yet to see any benefit?

ah, because you use BUG. alt+x is a civ changer.

the rebuild terrain is supposed to work sort of the "clean cache while holding shift" when in a game, but on my system its faster than reload and works a whole lot better. I'm not sure what you mean by : RE-DO it each and every game. The whole idea behind it is when Civ gets sluggish after a couple of hundred turns it can be used instead of reloading.

Top Bottom