1.185 (mac) vs. 1.187

SilchasRuin

Warlord
I have a mac, so am stuck with version 1.185. Can someone point me in the direction of change log, or if there isn't one, then I would like to know what the major changes are between the two versions, thanks

Quite a lot.

Well, here you've got 6 months of requests, bug reports and suggestions rolled into a patch. I've been collecting reports up to tonight (see wonders destroyed on conquest thread). Hope you leave that bugs thread alone for a while!

One more thing. As you can see, in the end I decided not to add Meiji and Philip II for now. While quite good, there were still some problems and perhaps their best collocation is in a optional leaderpack that could contain other leaders too.

I'll upload soon the updated MP and RAND versions. For now, my next task is a RAND-only patch, then move on to the next project.

http://rhye.civfanatics.net/pages/civ4-RFC-downloads.php

v1.986 – v1.486 – v1.186 LOG

CHANGES
- At last we’ve got a decent Alexander!°°
- Greece does not start with Metal Casting anymore, but have 1 more phalanx°°
- In 600AD China and Japan start again with Machinery, taking away Feudalism
- In 3000BC Arabia starts without Sailing°°
- Mongolia starts with Mathematics°°
- Aztecs and Incas start with Monarchy°°
- Amerindian civs are enabled to hire European mercenaries after 15 turns of the first city of a Euro civ in contact is founded on American soil, rather than immediately at the founding°°
- American and African civs now collapse to native and barbarian civs instead of independents, for a good part of the timeline. Same with secessions°
- Civs can collapse into barbarian cities (other than independents and natives) for an extended period (up to 1400 instead of 1000). This will create a bit more of civil-war disorder in the city mixture°
- Checks for secession are done more often and start earlier. You’ll see many more single cities declaring independence°°
- Collapse does not imply total death for the human player. Now he can preserve more than one city, depending on the extension of the empire before the civil war°°
- Civs now can start at war with each other before meeting. It happens randomly with civs that spawn and are supposed to conquer the neighbours. Sometimes it’s enough to see a more aggressive AI°°
- Russian goal requires now 7 cities in Siberia instead of 3. If the AI can do it, why can’t you?°°
- More defensive units added to Mongolian start°°
- Chariots added to the mix of Persian starting units (old immortal replaced chariots, which is inaccurate since we know that Persians used them in battles)°°
- Bowman causes collateral damage (40%, close to a catapult) instead of bonus against melee°
- The Immortal, as it's the only completely inaccurate unit in the game, is replaced with a real immortal: a spearman that costs less (25) (for representing the ease of recruiting a constant 10000 men army) and has 100% attack against archers (Babylonian Bowmen included)°°
- Quechua now replaces axeman (and will get its stats) instead of warrior, and requires mining (so that it isn’t necessary to give bronze working to Inca, like previously did with Aztecs)°°
- Keshik: instead of +50% against siege, 3 movement to cover Asia's long distances°°
- Jaguar: attack back to 6°°
- Panzer: no 50% against tanks; Commando and 25% attacking infantry and riflemen°°
ADJUSTMENTS
- Updated city names and settler maps°°
- Discovery of medicine now sets plague to 1 turn left°°
- AI now refuses “gifts” of plague-infected cities from the human player ;)°°
- Espionage missions that harm other civs stability slightly more expensive
- Tweaked Greek research bonus and preferences°°
- Turkish UP slightly less strong°
- Constantinopolis is now better defended in 600 AD start
- UHV text now completely displayed in victory panel°°
- The Apostolic Palace won’t force peace to civs that are not at war. To be tested, please give feedback
- Tuned Japanese, Mongolian, Malinese, Dutch and Portuguese strength°°
- Improved some debug code°°
- Barbarians are slightly stronger against the AI°
- Increased research cost in 600AD start
- Added Cyprus as a mountain°°
- Retouched Indian and Australian resources°°
- Collapse checks enabled from earlier (they were following the old timeline)°°
- Heavy respawn code should now be faster°°
- Smaller area for triggering conquerors for Inca (workboats wandering in the Atlantic shouldn’t trigger anymore, unless close to the upper coast)°°
- Europe slightly less receptive of Islamic spreading°°
- Secessions are possible even in collapsing area, not only between -40 and -20°°
- On the other hand, collapse checks are slightly less frequent°°
- Updated a few dynamic civ names. Thanks to star15389°°
- Fascist dynamic civ names will be more frequent, as now Nationhood, too, can mark a civ as fascist°°
- More barbarian pressure on Mali°
- Disabled code that turns barbarian cities into independent°
- Landsknechts can now be hired
- Corporations now have less silly names
- Stability expansion rating should be less easy as Mongolia and Turkey°°
- Mongolia now expands towards south-west more, leaving Siberia free to Russia°°
- Natives included in the conquerors group°°
- Fixed some inaccuracies: Quechua renamed Quechua Warrior, Modern Armor renamed Main Battle Tank, Praetorian renamed Legion (and changed model)°°
- Numidian cavalry now ignores desert movement cost (added by SDK)°
- Numidian cavalry costs 40 shields instead of 50°
- Camel Archer has 25% chance of withdrawing instead of 15%
- East Indiaman has 4 cargo instead of 5
- Holkan has +25% against melee in addition to the current bonuses
FIXES
- Fixed some city and civ names and accents°°
- Fixed blacksmith and horse whispering events
- Techs are now correctly assigned to respawning civs, which will now get appropriate garrisons°°
- Fixed python exception*
- Fixed stability hit on spawn, which was targeting mostly only Egypt and India°°
- Egyptian goal gets immediately set as failed instead of waiting next building built°°
- Restored a part of code lost in the update to 3.19, which was important for triggering the world wars mechanism
- War declarations chain reaction won’t cause masters declaring war to their vassals°
- Japanese old UHV disabled*
- Apollo program-related Russian UHV triggers correctly°°
- Byzantines won’t build Notre Dame anymore
- Time left for cottage upgrade now displayed correctly°°
- France should now have less gold in order to allow Mali UHV°°
- “First to build a city in America” goal now immediately set as failed when someone else does it°°
- Corrected coordinates of Viking spawn area°
- Corrected formulas of stability changes due to GNP variations, because of python division. It should now work as intended. Many thanks to Soda°°
- Carthaginian goal now correctly counts only coastal plots that are adjacent only to Mediterranean°
- Dead civs won’t respawn with just one city°°
- Re-added some low quality icons (due to image compression)°
- Aztecs won’t flip New Orleans on respawn°°
- Moai Statues aren’t destroyed on conquest

This is the end of our elaborate plans, the end.

I'm exausted. I thank all of you for having kept my motivation high. You made possible to keep my promise of giving you a final patch. It's compatible with the latest one, so you can load old savegames. Since there are no big gameplay changes, I'd also suggest to keep all the old records of challenges.

I'll dedicate a few more days to RAND, and from right now on, I'll be ignoring new requests. Maybe they'll be useful for Civ5, but so far I still don't know how much intensive my partecipation to civ5 modding will be.
For now, all I can say is that although I'll keep browsing the forum, and during the summer, maybe I'll be even available for succession or multiplayer games, this week's releases mark my retirement from civ4 modding. I'm certainly sad while posting this news, but it's indeed the most logical thing to do.

° = for BTS and Warlords
°° = for BTS, Warlords and vanilla
* = for Warlords and vanilla only
**= for vanilla only
[no sign] = for BTS only

v1.987 – v1.487 – v1.187

CHANGES
- Work boats can’t enter territories distant more than one tile from civs border (they still can enter another civ’s borders, in case of open borders agreement). So, the age of silly boats travelling half the world away is over°°
- Netherlands now have more room in Denmark and northern Germany
- Netherlands no longer start with Divine Right; Byzantium no longer starts with Music
- Mongolia starts with Engineering and with more units of different AI types (now they are better at striking China)°°
- Vikings start without assault boats, so that they don’t take Inverness, which flips shortly later, and become unstable. On the other hand, free assault units are granted to the AI a few turns later: now Vikings won’t be a useless presence up there anymore, but a real danger for cities such as Manchester, Berlin, or London°
- Panzer requires Combustion°°
- Stability parameters now show correctly effects of normalisation and should be always equal or close to the total value°°
- Star rating threshold rebalanced°°
- Now SDK source code is included for every release°°
ADJUSTMENTS
- Tuned some economic modifiers (slightly stronger China and Arabia, slightly weaker India, Germany, Turkey, Mongolia, Rome and Byzantium, weaker Portugal)°°
- Respawned China will be stronger (will flip more Mongolian cities)°°
- Tech rate in 600 AD start slowed down
- Shorter “dawn of man” introduction musical theme (it was too long and annoying). Victory theme changed too.
- Tuned foreign rating stars°°
- America won’t find European civs already at war on spawn, so that they’ll get the extra units when war is declared°°
- After switching to a new civ, stability is reset to a value that depends on difficulty level°°
- After exiled and after restoring rule on own civ, stability is reset to a value that depends on difficulty level°°
- After restoring rule on own civ, stability units surrounding the capital flip to human player°°
- Stability expansion plot threshold now varies with difficulty level°°
- Quechua now has just 50% against archers°°
- Shale plant bonus increased to 20%, as there is already Coal in Japan°
- Links to wiki and atlas now packed with the mod°°
- Moved/added some resources and terrains in India, China, South Africa, Siberia, California, central Asia, Brazil and Argentina°°
- Spain more likely to research Optics: this will cause Spanish conquerors more often°°
- Slowed research pace in 600 AD start. Now it’s very coherent with the 3000BC one
- Japan slightly less likely to become a republic
- Reduced pirates pressure on Mediterranean, but added triremes in west Africa and Indian ocean for all through the Middle Ages and the Renaissance°°
- Reduced barbarian pressure on Mali, Greece and Maya; increased on China and Rome°
- Reduced barbarian pressure on Rome, Greece and Persia; increased on China and Egypt**
- As they are so popular, long civ names are enabled by default°°
- Samarkand starts with one archer, so that it’s not immediately destroyed, and with two longbowmen in 600AD°°
- Patliputra starts in 600AD with two pikemen, so that it won’t get razed°°
- Tweaked Mongolian religion modifiers°°
- More chance of a capital becoming holy city (Mediolanum and Sparta otherwise become too often); Rome and Jerusalem especially. Gordium much less likely°°
- Extended area where Mesoamerican civs meeting with Europeans trigger conquerors. When meeting in the Caribbean, rather than not spawning at all, they might end up in a distant location°°
- Conquerors can now include macemen and their related UUs°°
- Reduced penalty for acquired depression, when having Mercantilism°°
- Golden age grants immunity from collapse, whatever the stability level is°°
- Bonus from releasing cities capped (+5 points)°°
- A little more tolerance for unhistorical expansion°°
- Carthage keeps one more unit in the capital at the beginning, preventing Roman rush°
- Corrected Romanization (GOST SEV 1362-78) of Russian°°
- Retouched Mongolian-Russian border°°
- Vast update of settlers and city names maps and city renaming entries°°
- Reduced amount of debug prints°°
- Retouched shape of the Siberian part of the European continent°°
FIXES
- Fixed pavillon pedia
- Fixed Chinese random cities list
- Fixed mercenary crash! Thanks to Psyringe°°
- Peace with barbarians is no longer made during respawn – thanks to 3miro°°
- Fixed again UHV wonders built before player spawn°°
- Updated link to wiki in the pedia°°
- AI personality type now correctly changes°°
- Fixed plague coordinates bug°°
- War on spawn is now forbidden to civs that are vassal. On the other hand, vassals of civs that are triggered in the war on spawn mechanism, are set at war, too°
- Holy cities get no longer deleted on civ spawn upon them°°
- Dutch orange now slightly lighter, so that it isn’t confused with Turkish dark shade
- Fixed Legion animation, thanks to The_Coyote°°
- Mercenary upgrade exploit fixed. Many thanks to Nody who confessed°°
- -1 turn left bug hidden°°
- Barbarian units won’t spawn inside lakes°°
- Fixed bug of units moved on water during a collapse°°
- Minor civs can’t win a time victory°
- “A new civilization is born” message now is shown for human player too°°
- Landsknecht no longer available to Mesoamerican civs
- Fixed Mercenaries bug for Mesoamerican civs (couldn’t get enough mercenaries)°°

Sorry for the bump, but I would also really like to know if there is a way to play 1.187 on the Mac. If 1.185 could be ported, why not 1.187?

Top Bottom