german knights

bernie14

Filter Manipulator
flavor unit for german kinghts, just some reskins

is in mod form

DOWNLOAD

I'll definately be using them as Texarkanan Nobles when I get around to working on my mod again.

Exceptional work again, bernie.

Unbelievable you get so few comments - your knight units are great, and I hope will get used in a fantasy or medieval mod soon!

Wow, that is brilliant!

Your units are beautifull Bernie, Firaxis should hire you to make the skins!

In fact when you see what a modder can do you just think that they are lazy when it comes to fine work :)

Could you do some Knights for England and France ?

you can find and download some armorials here :
France :
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armorial_du_royaume_de_France

I would especially love to see those armorials :

England :
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armorial_britannique

I would especially love to see those armorials :

Could you do some Knights for England and France ?

Bernie never got around to it, so I was playing around with reskinning more "ethnic" units for my Single Unit Graphics mod and came up with THESE reskins based on Bernie's. Of course, since that was all I needed, I only made one of each, but maybe I (or someone else) will get inspired to make more.

Spoiler Screenshot :

Great job Nutty !

do you feel in the mood to reskin more units ?

I could use some riflemen as well !

Great job Nutty !

do you feel in the mood to reskin more units ?

I could use some riflemen as well !

Thanks!

[EDIT: File has been approved.]

Not to co-opt Bernie's thread here, but if you find some pics of riflemen that can be emulated, I can certainly try.

Actually, I had been planning on longswordsmen next, because I can adopt a similar styling to the knights (plus I generally like the medieval stuff).

Of course, in both cases I can again stand on the shoulders of giants with Bernie's work on his German units.

sorry, have not checked the thread in some time.....

@Nutty; u can co-opt my thread any time with beautiful units like that :goodjob:

@Hulgar; i am currently working on a civ4 LH with the capo, but i thank you greatly for the french and english armorials (i am planning to get to these at some point) if you have or have posted any pics of surcoats etc.... let me know...post here or PM me!

with respect to the rifleman, the german i did has the ".blend model", so if you are familiar with blender and the fbx/gre, u could probably make brand new riflemen in blender, as long as you dont move too many things around....i will proly do some of these....but to be honest, civ5 is not very mod freindly, at least not in the art/graphics dept :sad:

@Nutty; u can co-opt my thread any time with beautiful units like that :goodjob:

Thanks, I appreciate that!

with respect to the rifleman, the german i did has the ".blend model", so if you are familiar with blender and the fbx/gre, u could probably make brand new riflemen in blender, as long as you dont move too many things around....i will proly do some of these....but to be honest, civ5 is not very mod freindly, at least not in the art/graphics dept :sad:

Strangely, before you posted this, I was already trying to figure out Blender by messing with your rifleman .blend. You're right that if I start messing with it too much, everything blows up. Anyway, I warped the German helm into a French shako, and turned the spike into a plume. I'm finishing the textures now.

Strangely, before you posted this, I was already trying to figure out Blender by messing with your rifleman .blend. You're right that if I start messing with it too much, everything blows up. Anyway, I warped the German helm into a French shako, and turned the spike into a plume. I'm finishing the textures now.

NICE! hoping to see more of your work :goodjob:

another consideration that will probably work is using heads from other civ units, using the "copy and paste objects" script by Deliverator (or was it lemmy?), rerigging, retexturing, etc....

what program do you use to export to .gr2? because mine isn't exporting right for some reason (either faulty in the .fbx step or in the .gr2 step).

i export from maya to obj, import to blender (v.1.49b), then export from blender to ".fbx" then use lemmy's indiestone nexus buddy to import .fbx and export to .gr2.

it's not working in the game but granny viewer does open my .gr2 files - the only thing i can think of is that mine has no animation but still the mesh still should appears in game.

(if there's a shortcut i would like to know too)

edit: i think of another reason - when i compared your model to mine in the granny viewer, it said yours is "skinned mesh" while mine is a "rigid mesh". while intuitively i know the difference, i have no idea how to convert my "rigid mesh" to a "skinned mesh" (neither in blender or maya nor 3ds max, so if you know how to in any please tell me)

update: used 3ds max to export the same graphic, this time it appears as "skinned mesh" after converted to .gr2 and still invisible in the game.

Top Bottom