Culture Per Pop - A mod component for adjusting culture generation

Awesome mod. I've been playing with it for a few days now though there are some things that are still unclear to me. What happens if the city's population is below 5:c5citizen:? Is the amount of culture produced by the building the standard vanilla amount? And when exactly does it start producing more culture 5:c5citizen:? 10:c5citizen:? Could you please break this down so that we can understand exactly how much more culture the buildings will produce for each population amount?

ALSO: I don't know if this is a known bug with the game in general or if I'm confused about what exactly is supposed to be happening or if it's a problem with your mod but I never seem to get my 4 free culture buildings from oligarchy when playing with this mod.

The mod provides scaling culture, much like how libraries provide scaling science in the base game. If you have 1 population, a monument (2 per 5) will produce 0.4 culture. If you have 10 population, you get 4 culture. I put all scaling to "per 5 population" so whole numbers would be used, but it does keep track of fractional amounts if you have some non-multiple of 5 population.

As for Oligarchy, this mod should have no effect on that. I've never really tested it. And as I understand there's still quite a few bugs in the civics code at the moment. Like if you switch from one incompatible civic to another, you get all of the "one time" bonuses again. This is a problem that needs to be fixed in the base game.

Top Bottom