"You can choose your free Great Person" - stucked

Do you use History in the Making? I had that problem when using the mod.

Tech Diffusion did it to my game. Remove any mod that uses Ingame.xml as that might be doing it.

Saved games seem dependent on their mods most times, but you could always try loading it.

I ran itno this problem too with the Treegrowth v3 mod. You can fix this problem by cutting all additions to Ingame.xml by modmakers and copy it to Ingame.xml that comes with the game. Loading a game still works.

Would work, but that file will get overwritten by updates, which is the bad thing about editing any of the actual game files.

Would work, but that file will get overwritten by updates, which is the bad thing about editing any of the actual game files.
True, but until the next patch appears it 'solves' the issue.

I think it can happen in a lot of modded games if ingame.xml is in the mod. I just swapped out the mod's ingame.xml with the default one in the game directory and was able to get past this problem, a good solution if you're unable to turn off a mod because it's needed to load the game.

Are you able to save after you choose your great person, reload the disabled Mod and continue on normally?

Most saves do not like mods added or disabled, but it depends on the mod.

Hi I looked at MODS folder and all seem be XML documents ... I don't understand what you mean by ingame.xml and how I would know how to switch with game directory.:confused:

Had the same problem. The Free Great Person Pop Up don't work. I looked around for answers, but it seems that no one is able to narrow down the specific problem. I like Kirmz solution the best. Simply bypass the problem by changing the effect of Hagia Sophia so that you don't get the free great person to begin with. Problem solved... although I also agree with Thalassicus that the solution isn't optimal... But it gave me an idea. If you already go through the trouble of modding the Hagia Sophia, why not simply change it so that it gives you the great person you would have chosen in the game... So I did a little research (I haven't actually done any modding myself until the line below) and added the following lines to "Buildings.xml" :

<Buildings>
<Update>
<Set FreeGreatPeople="0"/>
<Where Type="BUILDING_HAGIA_SOPHIA"/>
</Update>
</Buildings>
<Building_FreeUnits>
<Row>
<BuildingType>BUILDING_HAGIA_SOPHIA</BuildingType>
<UnitType>UNIT_ARTIST</UnitType>
<NumUnits>1</NumUnits>
</Row>
</Building_FreeUnits>

I saved my game the turn before I completed the Hagia Sophia. Then I exited the game and added the lines above (I wanted a Great Artist). When I continued the Game, the Hagia Sophia now gave me a great artist instead of giving me a (stuck) choice of great person. Problem solved! If you wish another great person then simply replace "UNIT_ARTIST" with "UNIT_SCIENTIST", "UNIT_MERCHANT", "UNIT_ENGINEER" or "UNIT_GREAT_GENERAL"

Although I would rather find out what causes the problem and fix it, I would have to know a whole lot more about modding than I do presently. But the solution above will bypass the problem rather than forcing people to sacrifice anything of worth in the game.

Top Bottom