Lonely Hearts Club, Chapter LXVII, Churchill.

i_imperator

Imperator
Hello and welcome to Lonely Hearts Club number 67! Here we will explore isolated strategy with Churchill of England.
Spoiler :

Ah, Chr/Pro, at first this trait set dose'nt seem great, mostely because of the pro trait, but this set can give you eccelent survival odds against warmongering AI and eccelent UU's.
The UU:
Spoiler :

Gone are the days of sheer cossak and redcoat dominance (im suprised to see the preatorian managed to survived the nerf), however as mentioned, churchill's Redcoats are the best out of the other english leader and they are still a good UU.
The UB:
Spoiler :

The Stock exchange, cant say no to a bank with 65% extra money can we? This might make Kremlin rush buy and cottage spam worthwhile.
The Start, the map is Fractal/Standerd:
Spoiler :

Ouch, pretty tough, but at least we have happiness and are coastal, so perhaps TGL/collosus combo is a good call?.

A small non-mandatory request:
Checkpoint 1 - when we have explored the island and are aware of what resources it has. Its not so important when this is, but this is a time to discuss city sites etc. Don't look into a checkpoint 1 spoiler until you have reached this point yourself.

Checkpoint 2 - first contact - when we have met all the other AIs. At this point we can discuss our strategy to get to this point and our plans for dealing with them.

Checkpoint 3 - when we are committed to a victory condition (or at least think we are).

Checkpoint 4 - Victory (or defeat).

Finally, a thankyou to r_rolo1 and all those that came before him in this series' initial run, to TheMeInTeam for the map creation guides and to Hrun for co-hosting this series. Enjoy!
Edit, the fourm is still having trouble uploading the files so i will post the link on megaupload, for now, here is the linkhttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=OIVDRZF3

@stevoh

Is there a bullpen for this series we could subscribe too, for updates on new LHC's? I couldn't find one.

Thanks, EOF

I enjoyed the Suleiman game, will play this later. No matter what I will kill them all again.:)

This map killed my will to finish it. Perfect AI garbage.

Spoiler :

Zara = 25% land and 28% pop...without war.

Alex DoW me just to slow me down, despite having 2 civs weaker than him @ annoyed and being pleased w/ me.

This is the kind of trash game I just don't have the patience to slog anymore. If some AI want to feed others land and not try to win, while others collude just to make sure another one wins...well winning is possible but it's not a game anymore. I'll give the next map a shot.

Spoiler :
SIP. Farmed the incense too.... Eaten alive by bears...1040bc got the oracle(lucky there) and took metal cast. Cant buy a bloody beaker....Took me 3 years to research math. Trying to farm a great engineer but it wont work. FINALLY catch a break when I get my ToA failure cash @ 175bc. Nearly 400gold.:) Its bang on 1AD now and I just burned a load of cash to get aesthetics startin lit. This map is hard. Im enjoying it a lot. Hate bears tho. No great ppl yet.

Spoiler :
Hahahaha 75ad got an engineer from my forge, beat the prophet in other town. Used him to create pyramids. Things r lookin up from difficult beakerless start. Im sooo glad I didnt choose monarchy now.:) 200ad looks a lot different game...500ad just realized i got 6 towns and 4 workers. 780 ad got Mom. That is mega late..Must be a weird map, going hell for leather towards optics now. At 1000ad I am 2 turns from optics, building wealth in all 6 cities. Lets see whats out there....To boldly go and all that :ar15::ar15:

that is some ugly start...

what is general strategy that should one follow in LHC games? Is it beeline optics after some worker techs and currency?

or just tech you thing to renassaince and wait for AI's to join you?

thinking about settling on one of those incense tiles and hope for seafood. That could change a thing or 2.

I see no reason of SIP...

If warrior would not explore anything useful, settling 1W is probably better...

Spoiler :
Turns out Im just a punching bag for Monty and Alex. They take it in turns to bring a huge navy and land small forces. My navy is knackered and so am I. Have the save but gonna need a break. Hardest monarch game I ever played.

That's one of the ugliest starts in Civ IV history...I might consider doing a little exploring with the settler.

1395AD Monarch/Epic
Spoiler :
I SIP, went AH > Writing then Mining > BW. Settled out the island, built Oracle > MC, GLH, TGL, Parth. Started running scientists and 2x bulbed Edu, 2x bulbed Astro, 1x bulb PP. Once Astro was in I :whipped: out Obs everywhere, then Uni's to really boost my tech rate. Just need to grow my cities now, settle 2 more cities.

Question is with my tech advantage what to take with Lib? Try for Steel or Rifling maybe a longshot, Getting Nat for TM powered GA
Spoiler pics :

Need some advise on my game, where to go, what to build, etc..

Save Here

Top Bottom