[FIXED] Is it just me, or did they remove the Native American city style?

sjf593

Chieftain
Hey I was playing as Washington one day when I noticed that the Aztec civ next to me had an Arabic city design. I thought it would be a one time occurrence but every single Native American civ's city designs have changed to an arabic style every time I play and it is starting to annoy me. Any idea how I can fix it?

In any game I've played after the patch, including re-loading older games, any Aztec and Inca cities no longer have the classy green stone skyscraper feel in the later ages, and instead look the same as Middle-Eastern/African cities.

Is this just my game bugging out or did this happen to everyone?

I think it's a bug. I noticed it too, native American civs now have Middle-Eastern city art style. :crazyeye:

Hm. Not noticed this, but if enough people are getting this bug, it could be a concern for a future patch to address.

Can someone report this in the right place? I have no idea where to exactly...
Moderator Action: How good that we don't have anything like a bug forum.
...moved.
Edit: And merged.

I took a peak in the XML files:

Code:
<Type>CIVILIZATION_AZTEC</Type>

[...]

<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_SOUTH_AMERICA</ArtStyleType>
<ArtStyleSuffix>_AMER</ArtStyleSuffix>
<ArtStylePrefix>AMERICAN </ArtStylePrefix>

[...]

It's still pointing to the proper place, yet I am getting this big too.

I've been experiencing a weird bug where Aztec, Iroquois and Inca cities display with the african/middle-eastern city models instead of the native american models. European, Asian and Polynesian models all display correctly for their respective civs. I have had Civ V since soon after release and this is a recent problem.

Here are some screenshots:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006578838/screenshot/595806845297014346?tab=public

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006578838/screenshot/595806845297000945?tab=public

here is a city that should be african for comparison:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006578838/screenshot/595806845297005406?tab=public

I was thinking of reinstalling (I have a disk) but any other ideas?

Also my hall of fame displays "You have not won any games" ... over the top of the games i've won which are listed there.

The_J said:
Does no one have a save for it?

Sorry it was 4am and for some reason it didn't occur to me to post in the bugs forum. I have a save file (beware the game is 4MB and on a huge map with the maximum number of civs).

If you reveal the map you'll find that the Aztec, Iroquois and Inca all have the middle eastern/african design. At least that's how it appears to me.

http://www.2shared.com/file/dSvrtkIK/Songhai_Joint.html

Dark Jedi06 said:
I took a peak in the XML files:

MY XML files also have the correct entries still, it was the first thing I did when I noticed the graphics.

Recently while testing a newly made map in-game, I revealed the map and noticed that Rio de Janeiro's settler used the native american design (ie, aztec looking people with an alpaca/llama as opposed to the asian settler which has asians and an asian water buffalo and the middle eastern one which has arabs and a camel ).

However when they actually founded their city, it used the Middle Eastern/African design that is occurring with this bug. I hadn't noticed this detail before as I normally don't look this closely at settlers.

After testing with one of each culture settler:

Civilization; Culture; Settler model; City graphic
England; European; European (donkey); European
Rome; Mediterranean; European (donkey); Mediterranean
Polynesia; Polynesian; European (donkey); Polynesian
China; Asian; Asian (buffalo); Asian
Arabia; Middle Eastern; Middle Eastern (camel); Middle Eastern
Aztec; American; American; Middle Eastern

Songhai and Egypt, despite being in Africa, use the middle eastern models. Presumably a Sub-Saharan civ like Zulu would use different city models. Polynesia use the European settler model, but have a unique embarked model (something I would like to see for the Asians and Middle Eastern/Africans as well) prior to the industrial age. Rome and Greece have Mediterranean city graphics but use the stock European settler.

Civs with rather unique architecture in real life like Russia (a mix of European and Middle Eastern) and India (Middle Eastern and Asian) use European and Asian respectively, unique graphics for these guys would be cool as well.

But more on topic, yeah that's what this bug is doing.

Also - bump I want this fixed it is annoying. I made sure to turn off all mods before testing this.

We found the problem, and it's fixed for the next update. Thanks all.

Top Bottom