Don't You Just Hate it When

wcbarney

Know-it-all
Don't you just hate it when:

1. Out of the blue, friendly old Gandhi nukes your 3 best cities, and then says "Don't bother about my armies, friend, they are just on training exercises ...":eek:

2. You retaliate against Gandhi by wiping him off the map, and his final message is "You have blood on your hands by defeating a helpless, benevolent and peace-loving people.":lol:

3. A new really really friendly Gandhi is your unwanted neighbor on a rather small peninsula, and when you tell him not to build close to you he says "OK," and then doesn't build close to you.

4. You try to provoke this troublesome friendly Gandhi, so you demand that he hand over his marble. He says, "Sure, anything to keep the peace.":crazyeye:

5. You DW on this derned Gandhi anyway, but feel really bad about it.:sad:

6. You can't think of any more of the hateful things you wanted to post, but are sure the list will come back to you later when you're trying to sleep.

7. Nobody else ever adds to the list.

-- Cliff in Virginia:ar15:

Elizabeth (or Cathy, it has happened to me with both) are super friendly one minute, then hostile and denouncing you the next, then back to friendly again for basically no apparent reason other than it must be "that time of the month".

Ram goes clear across the map to place a city in the exact spot where you are aiming for, 2 turns before your sword/settler/worker posse gets there. Siam just loves to spam now.

Bismark denounces you even though he is so far away from your civ that you haven't even found him yet. He did this to me since he apparently thought that I was trying to win the game the same way as him (Duh! I am trying to win by building cities. The game is called Civilization, Bismark. Read the manual.)

Alex keeps trying to buy up every freaking CS ally of yours. You better have lots of cash generation if Alex is in your game, or take him out early.

Elizabeth (or Cathy, it has happened to me with both) are super friendly one minute, then hostile and denouncing you the next, then back to friendly again for basically no apparent reason other than it must be "that time of the month".

Man, I'm shocked,:blush: SHOCKED!:eek: What a sexist thing to say!:cringe: (Someone has to speak up for the girls, right???:D)

Don't you just hate it when one of your CS allies sends out an urgent request for units to help defeat the Chinese, or such; so you send him a few of your "pretty good" troops. But he's not satisfied to just defend himself; NOoooo -- he has to use your troopers to commit suicide while he tries to take over the nearest enemy city.:wallbash:

When you've beaten back a foe and taken all his juicy cities in the classical/medieval era only to find that your vast spanning empire has no coal and the only real source of it is in the last remaining city of your old foe who has had time to bunker down and will never trade you the stuff.

Or..

Playing a peaceful and rather successful science game only to get beaten cause the
only 11 alu on the entire map is deep inside Russia, along with the only 2
spots with uranium so you cant even nuke her warmongering ass.

Monty builds the UN just cause he ran out of stuff to build, and alex wins.

Or, how about when Alex tells you he hates you for taking out your own empire!?!
(I think that happens when you steal a worker from a CS he fancies)

Or the AI invades you with 2 pikemen and 30 odd archers. occupies every damn hex
in your land, but never once pillages. Then sues for peace giving you all his cities,
gold, luxuries and gpt cause you bought ONE cat and owned the entire posse.

Or even better, when the AI will consistently use its city bombard to target your
wounded swordsman, rather then the 3 cannons that just rolled up, or any of the
multitude of rifles standing around.

Or.. ... Or even better, when the AI will consistently use its city bombard to target your wounded swordsman, rather then the 3 cannons that just rolled up, or any of the multitude of rifles standing around.

Oh, I dunno. Are we supposed to hate it just 'cause the AIs are pretty stupid when it comes to combat? Once in awhile they get it right though -- but not often.

... when you plan a peaceful defensive we-don't-want-any-friends-go-away cultural victory, but end up conquering the entire continent because everybody thought mass denouncing you was a good idea (it still happens, heh). :mischief:

... when the combat AI actually works and takes one of your cities. :rolleyes:

... when your tank gets destroyed by a long forgotten CS crossbowman :wallbash:

... when an AI drops a nuke on three of your lvl 14 rocket artilleries :sad:

...when you have one city, but the AI still covets your lands.

...when the AI tells you not to build close to them, despite being nowhere near them.

...when the AI hates you for breaking your promise not to build close to them, but they're the ones who built close to you.

...when you offer the AI 3000g and 20 gpt for one of their multiple spices, but they say it's not a fair deal, despite them being broke.

...when you offer the AI a copy of your marble for 410g and they say it's no where near a fair deal, then you ask for 409g and they accept.

...when Belgrade asks you to "deal with" Budapest and you do, and then 5 other city states declare perma-war for your aggression against city states, despite your "aggression" originating from a city state request.

...when the game tells you you're about to get a "decisive victory" in combat, but you only do 2 points of damage.

...when you just meet an AI for the first time and they're friendly and "desire friendly relations", but on the very next turn they denounce you.

Hate when i pursue a space victory with a lot of micro and end up with no coal/aluminium, and no possibilities to trade or conquer for them.

Hate when i send a unit in water to kill a barb camp on a tiny island harassed by my trireme, and my unit who is at 2 tiles from camp suddenly get killed by a newly spawned barb trireme.

When the AI all declare war on you, you make peace after a couple of turns but they won't trade with you because you are evil. They basically trade block themselves...

....when you pick a "continents" map and it spawns you on an island with about 25 total hexes (yet has 2 city states on it) that's isolated from everyone else - who happen to all be together on a massive continent with room enough for about 40 AI cities.

1. ...You decided to liberate a civ, and then their leader hates you?

(He/She should be doing this to me: :worship::worship::worship: O great JaGarLo, protect my empire from those animals!!)

(Of course not. He/She says: IhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyou---)

2. ...Or when you found uranium one title away from your puppet's territory?

3. ...Or when nobody wants to do fair trading with you...? :(

4. ...Or when your super-duper tank gets destroyed by a barbarian galley on the sea? :wallbash:

(Indeed... :spear:)

I hate it when Askia settles land right in the middle of my territory. He has done this or threatened to do this every single time that he has been my neighbor, and almost always ignores me when I ask him not to settle near my lands.

...when you are asked to join Japan (for example) in a war, you agree and then are denounced as a warmonger by them after you take the only city of your mutual opponent.

When you're one turn away from the Taj Mahal and someone else build it!!!

Cheers.

....when you pick a "continents" map and it spawns you on an island with about 25 total hexes (yet has 2 city states on it) that's isolated from everyone else - who happen to all be together on a massive continent with room enough for about 40 AI cities.

Ouch!!!!!!

Never had that happen to me though.

Cheers.

...when you are asked to join Japan (for example) in a war, you agree and then are denounced as a warmonger by them after you take the only city of your mutual opponent.

Or, better yet, when someone asks you to go to war with them against their hated enemy, you ask them to give you ten turns to prepare, and they denounce you the next turn (for being a warmongering menace).

When the above happens, but you prepare for war anyway, and the asking civ never comes back to get the war started...

When you are happy that Mongolia is on your starting continent, because you can use them as a means to keep other civs at bay.. but he only builds one city and wonderspams the entire game >_<

Any time Gandhi is my neighbor. I don't care how good of a person he was in real life, I hate his guts now. CiV completely ruined him as a person for me. I pick all my AI opponents now just to make sure I don't have that little bugger on the map

Top Bottom