Eurozone PBEM anyone?

ParadigmShifter

Random Nonsense Generator
I've mentioned starting a Eurozone PBEM before, now I've been knocked out of Arcadia PBEM I think the time is right.

Looking for 6-8 players total to have a PBEM, all in the Euro Time zone (so GMT +/- 2 hours say), this is so we could feasibly get in more than 1 turn per day sometimes.

Up for negotiation on settings but I always want huts and barbs on. I'm thinking a hemispheres map. I'm not a big fan of advanced star either. Speed would be normal.

If you are interested post here to start with. RELIABLE PLAYERS ONLY had too many games killed off by dropouts.

1. Toadette of Toadlibone of the Spain / Isabella
ParadigmShifter -> Aeonian.Lion -> thenameipicked

2. Hawklord, the eternal champion of English / Elizabeth
Hawklord -> ELIMINATED by Calanthian

3. Zoot Hoorn Rollo of Mali / Mansa Munsa
bathsheba666

4. Germany / Bismarck
Mitiu Ioan -> ELIMINATED by Bathsheba

5. Korea / Wang Kon
Frasco -> Espirito -> Frasco -> jhgenius01 -> Eclipse4449 -> ELIMINATED by Calanthian

6. Bilgee Naranbaatar, the sun hero of the Mongols / Kublai Khan
Calanthian

7. Byzantium / Justinian
Michkov -> ELIMINATED by Bathsheba

8. Aztecs / Montezuma
Pacoenes -> Jon the Gun -> Michkov

6000 is loads - couldn't you build the pyramids on turn 1?!

There was a game I was in (before it got abandoned) where not all players seemed to get the same amount of points for their advanced start so I've been a bit suspicious of it.

Anyway, I'll count you in Calanthian.

OK, you are in too then, 3 so far.

OK, 4 so far then!

When we get 6 I'll PM everyone to get your email addys. 8 would be better though.

I'm up 4 it. Don't like the idea of advanced starts either.

I'd think that all you could do is build lots of troops. If you built anything else the other player who built loads of troops would steam roll you. And so since you have lots of troops you may as well go and see if you can steam roll someone who didn't. Maybe I'm just cynical. :)

And then there were 5!

No advanced start is fine with me; but this is nonsense..

I'd think that all you could do is build lots of troops. If you built anything else the other player who built loads of troops would steam roll you. And so since you have lots of troops you may as well go and see if you can steam roll someone who didn't. Maybe I'm just cynical.

Advanced only makes it possible to build 2 units per city (excluding workers). It is clear for me that there are a lot of misconceptions on advanced start.
Another one is concerning not allowing selecting religious techs > the advanced start mechanics take care of that..

But hey, as I said: no advanced start is fine with me..

It's just not cricket though!

Stiff upper lip and all that, chaps.

No advanced start is fine with me; but this is nonsense..

Advanced only makes it possible to build 2 units per city (excluding workers). It is clear for me that there are a lot of misconceptions on advanced start.
Another one is concerning not allowing selecting religious techs > the advanced start mechanics take care of that..

But hey, as I said: no advanced start is fine with me..

I've never tried it so I don't know what you can build. I was just guessing.

So what would be the advantages/disadvantages of using it?

It gets the game going quicker - but since we all in the Eurozone and a move only takes 30 seconds at the beginning I think we should be OK.

Do you have a slot vacant for me ?

Of course! And now there were 6.

EDIT: PMs sent.

EDIT2: pacoenes email received. Random civ, GMT +1.

7 total so far... room for 1 little 'un at the back!

Bathsheba PM if you want to pick a civ (not Rome), otherwise you get a random one.

Deztro has expressed a civ preference.

EDIT: Still waiting for email address PMs from Calanthian, Michkov.

Yep, 1 left!

PM your email address, timezone and civ preference (if any, not Rome ;)). If you pick a random civ you can still get Rome if you are lucky.

Should be able to start this game tonight then!

Top Bottom