Hello America

NewWaver

Special Agent
Greetings fellow fanatics! I've had a bit of an absence from the game, and forums, but after recently reinstalling the game (for reasons I couldn't avoid), I'm back! :goodjob:

My old game, which I'm also getting back into, can be found in this thread ( http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29764 ). It's my Babylonian game on Marla Singer's Earth map. The story on it will be updated sometime soon - but in the meantime, I've started a new game on the same map - and this is my story so far. :)

So, sit back and watch as I give you my version of "The Making of the United States of America!" :cool:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IN THE BEGINNING

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The birth of the east coast was a rather hasty one. A determined President-to-be (it's a country still under Despotism, you know) wanted to expand to the Pacific west coast right from the word "go". Washington DC and New York became the first American cities, and built as many military/civilian units as possible. The existence of iron in the nearby hills made production in the eastern states rather pleasant (gotta love those swordsmen).

After suffering only a few barbarian attacks from modern-day Canada and North Dakota, the raids were suddenly silenced as American warriors and scouts passed by the rogue settlements. At this point, North America wasn't as violent as it could have been - but I won't speak so soon about it never seeing any major wars in the near or distant future.

By this time, the cities of New Orleans and Houston were built along the Caribbean coast, and another settler was on its way to what we know of as California, to build Los Angeles. During its travels, the city of Miami was built on the peninsula we call Florida. By this time, the construction of St. Louis and Chicago was almost complete.

---------------------------

PYRAMID OF THE SUN

Enter the Aztecs. Located in Central America, in what we know of as Mexico. During my early-day travels I made peace with the new-found civilization. Later on, I decided to keep an eye on them by fortifying a warrior on some nearby hills. With the plans in mind, I wanted to keep them out of what will be the United States, as I want to cover the large area from coast to coast, as you all know it today (including Alaska and Hawaii).

After the completion of Chicago, my warrior unit spots an Aztec settler, protected by a lone Jaguar Warrior unit, and they were heading north (escaping across the border, some might say). I didn't want them to make it any further, but there was very little a single warrior unit could do to hold them back. Because of this, I brought in 2 swordsmen to help try and push them back into Mexico - this didn't work. It looked as though this was going to lead to a war sometime soon (because I like to have my way, not the computer's :p), so I took 2 archers and 2 catapults from the east coast and placed them where the "intruders" were apparenly heading to (and I was correct). At the same time, I sent the same units to Mexico, in case of a retaliation.

The location of the Aztec city was at the site of modern-day Deluth, around the "Finger Lakes". Because of this, I decided to make it a city I will keep for myself, being within the US borders an all.

-----------------------------

SHAPING THE NATION

The battle begins! After contacting me, asking to leave their borders, the Aztecs end up at war with me. The first strike came from a catapult placed outside of (what became) Deluth. The Battle of Deluth was in American favour that day. In the south, more American troops seiged a city in north Mexico, and destroyed it. After this, the troops moved south towards the capital. At this point I made peace with the Aztecs.

After the war was over, I decided to use the remaining troops to block access to the north. There are now warriors, archers and swordsmen guarding the frontier from the Caribbean to the Pacific.

The building of the USA resumes. Its first city since the war was San Francisco, and was soon followed by Seattle. The road to Alaska shall be next on the agenda, and eventually the construction of Anchorage, and other Alaskan cities. At the same time, a naval unit will be shipping settlers to Hawaii to build Honolulu.

-----------------------

CONCLUSION - FOR NOW

-----------------------

To end the chapter, a list of things that have been and will be:

The discovery of North America is complete, and the uncovering of Greenland is under way (nearly complete). Units used to uncover Greenland will eventually end up discovering the coast of Siberia, and eventually end up in the British Isles. There it will meet the English civilization and possibly make a friendship similar to what both countries are like today.

Along the way, the same units will discover the rest of the world and make friendships with new civilizations. Another naval vessel is doing this job at the same time, now located off the coast of Brazil (both ships were from New York).

Stay Tuned! :egypt:

NewWaver an excellent story so far and im sure it will be better then your last but i dont know how it could be...

A lot has happened since the last post, and all I can say is it's only just getting interesting! With the arrival of gunpowder, and trading various objects for horses, the American army has been receiving some serious upgrades. ;)

Not only have the upgrades taken place, but also it has been a time where peace is a luxury (which doesn't get traded often enough). With the Aztecs in the south, hanging around the global playground with the wrong people, some international bullies have thrown some hissy fits. It's time to make a stand, and help fellow friends in the process.

-------------------------------

UNITED STATES - LARGER THAN LIFE

-------------------------------

The road to Alaska was completed. As the fellow American workers mined the hills around the chosen city sites, the first settlers made use of the long, winding road through the Rockys. The first city to be built was Anchorage, soon followed by Bethel. After a while, the Alaskan capital, Juneau, was built and immediately started constructing the Forbidden Palace. Only one more (possibly two) Alaskan city is to be built - Barrow (and probably Fairbanks). Because Alaska is in the tundra and forests, growth is reasonably slow, therefore protecting the land is vital. Fortresses were placed along parts of the Alaskan coast, which wasn't going to be inhabited by civilians.

While the US homeland was growing, the first ship to Hawaii set sail. The city of Honolulu was built after the second trip, as the first had military units, which ended up being the city guards.

The city of Denver was also built in these years of growth. Because of Denver, the borders of the east and west cities finally met each other, and the two sides were finally connected - but only by a small area of land. The borders in the south still need to expand more. A couple more cities will be built in the appropriate places (such as El Paso and Rapid City) to make the nation the way it is now.

In addition to the US cities, another plan took place. This was more a strategic move than economic. The Americans set sail for Panama and built there. Some saltpeter and dyes were located in Central America as well, which was one of the reasons I decided to build there.

The construction of Panama became more than just a move towards building colonies nearby. Soon afterwards, the Aztecs started making decisions against America. It was time to teach them a lesson...

THE CENTRAL AMERICAN WAR

For decades now, American troops have been blocking the Aztecs from northern access. The long wait to push into Mexico even further was almost over. With reinforcements joining the old-fashioned pikemen, which were guarding the area, a new war was about to take place. Meanwhile, sailing from New York, a galleon with some more modern weapons were on their way to Panama, to take care of resistance in the south of the battle area.

This war was given a plan. The mission for the American army was to destroy 2 cities in the north, and 2 cities in the south, and make an attempt to sign a peace treaty. Once the modern armies reached Panama, and were placed in the chosen places, the green light was given.

It didn't take long for the first 3 cities to be consumed in the fire. Once there was one objective remaining (in the south), it was certain that the war was almost over. Many American troops made their way towards the Aztec capital, in case they refused peace after the final city fell. The last objective was finally destroyed, and as planned, the Aztecs made peace.

The Central American War became the ideal testing ground for America's new cavalry units. In addition to these, a few musketmen supported them in battle, as they were no longer needed in the cities, due to the arrival of the first riflemen.

-------------------------

RESCUE MISSION

Earlier in the game, American ships were discovering the world. The units I sent to meet the English (and others) eventually reached the coast of Yemen, and had a slight problem with the French army which was there. After refusing to give the French a technology, without anything in return, they decided to make war out of it. I attempted to take them on with a lone swordsman unit, but failed.

By mistake, I also unloaded my scout in the area, and was a little out of reach of the ship. It was time to conduct a rescue mission. After being chased from Yemen, through Saudi Arabia, and being pinned only south of the Sinai Peninsula, where I was trying to access Egypt, my ship finally managed to get to my scout on time, before being killed by the barbaric French army.

Once on board, the ship set sail for Australia to make one more pickup. Another ship, which was already in Australia long before this, had unloaded a swordsman in Tasmania to check a goody box, when the ship was sunk by a barbarian navy, leaving the swordsman "shipwrecked" and stranded. Eventually, the remaining ship from the Middle East reached Australia, and transported the swordsman to mainland Australia, to attempt to claim it from the barbarians. However, the barbarians were too strong against this lone warrior, and its ship, and they both were eliminated.

I may have lost Australia this time around, but I shall return in the near future. Looking at the map editor, viewing the map I'm playing, there's a large amount of aluminium and a small supply of uranium on this continent. This will be needed for the infamous F-15, which will prove a tough adversary for America's foes. Not to mention the nuclear arms that will be built...

EARLY D-DAY

After an off/on war relationship, I eventually ended up shipping my army over to Europe to sort out the French scum. The Aztecs were no better help either, as they kept getting involved with alliances against me, even after I just made peace with them. Constantly, my border armies would enter Mexico from the north, and armies in the south would be defending the colonies.

My new alliance with the English is very much like modern-day's friendship. We now have a right of passage and a mutual protection pact, and are fighting against the Aztecs, French, and now Egypt (who made the alliance with the Aztecs).

While taking care of Mexico, 3 galleons with 4 units of each type (cannons, riflemen, and cavalry) were on their way to England, as Egypt and France had already invaded. Egypt managed to take a city in Ireland, but with help from my frigate and ironclads nearby, the English liberated the city. Moments before my army arrived in the area, the Egyptian units were destroyed.

Meanwhile in Central America, I was losing ground. After selling Panama to England (with hopes of some support in war from them), the Aztecs took Panama. All that was left in the area, which was US owned, were the colonies. These eventually fell to the Aztec hoards. Troops in the north were falling just as fast. I had to retreat back to the border, after which I made peace. It was time for America to re-arm.

Back in Europe, the French were causing trouble outside of London as I arrived with my cavalry units. Thanks to me, England lives another day without its capital being taken. After this, my cavalry units were placed back on the galleon, and set sail towards Normandy, France.

Units from my ships landed on both sides of the French city near the Normandy coast - 2 cannons, 2 cavalries, and 2 riflemen on each side. With the support of my frigate and ironclads, the city (which was renamed Brest, because of its location) fell to America. The US are now in Europe! Next stop, Paris...

------------------------

END OF PART TWO

------------------------

As you can see, the political world is taking shape in a way I didn't expect. I've still managed to keep American-built cities (excluding Panama) free from enemy attacks, but I can see this changing sometime soon if I don't re-arm before the next Mexican-American war.

My next steps:

1. To claim Australia before India reaches it, and use the modern resources for warfare.

2. Take care of the French scum in Europe, and any others that stand in my way.

3. Build the final US cities in the central states, and then begin building Canada.

4. Get the best possible weapons to take on the Aztec army in the south and hold them hostage (or eliminate them altogether).

As I said, things are only just getting interesting... :egypt:

can't wait this is interesting

At last, the third update has arrived! A lot has happened since the last update, obviously. I looked over what's been said already, and that was ages ago! So I've got a lot of writing to do - and here goes:

This is a brief update of what's been going on. A lot has happened - so much, I can't remember any detailed parts. But I can tell you the key events.

----------------------------

THE ROAD TO MODERN LIFE

----------------------------

At last, the central states have been settled in. The gap between Deluth and Denver has been connected by such cities as Bismarck, Oklahoma City, and El Paso. Alaska has all the cities it needs now (Anchorage, Juneau, Bethel, Barrow, and Fairbanks). As for Hawaii, I'm still deciding whether I should build Hilo, on the far-east island. It's highly possible that I will do this.

The first American settlers reach Australia! A large number of barbarian units were there to welcome me on the Queensland coast. However, they were no match for my cavalry units.

The first city to be built there was Cairns, which is the nearest to the rubber supply in Australia. Soon after, I found myself at war with India, whom settled in Indonesia. They had a city in New Guinea, so I settled in Papua New Guinea (city: Port Moresby). New Guinea also has a decent amount of rubber available. After this, I headed south to build Sydney and Canberra.

The war in France didn't go as planned. While moving towards Paris, the rebels in Brest took the city back, and I was stranded with slightly damaged units. I had to very quickly perform yet another rescue operation. Strange thing was the fact that it was very much like Dunkirk in World War II. I retreated to England to recover. However, the unexpected happened. England declared war on me while I was repairing myself. The third retreat took place. My war in Europe was over at that point. After so long, I made peace with the French and English.

Throughout the game, the war between the Aztecs and I have been off and on. Most of the time it's their fault. The only times it's been my own was the capture of Deluth and the destruction of the 4 cities. All the other incidents have been due to the Aztecs crossing my borders constantly after I kept demanding they left. It's like telling a child, "No. You can't have a cookie, it's almost time for dinner". They just never listened.

--------------------------

RECENT EVENTS

--------------------------

The past text was a brief overview of what happened before my computer died. Here are the more recent parts of the game:

------

More than one war has taken place with the Aztecs, and all for the same reason - invading my borders. The first war ended up with me capturing Mexico City. With my new howitzers, I found this easier to do than past confrontations near the city. The war ended after this, but that didn't stop the Aztecs doing what they do best - defying my rules. The second war took place, resulting in me razing a city near their former capital. Peace was settled yet again, but who can tell how long this will be for...

Meanwhile, in the Pacific, a major transportation campaign took place, and still is under way. After barbarian raids, I lost all my worker units, and I was pretty low on military. "At least" 4 galleons were used to transport workers, settlers, and modern weapons to Australia and New Guinea. The military units were sent to New Guinea to deal with India. Their only city on the island was razed, yet no peace came of it.

The reason no peace had been made at the time was because whenever I wanted to sign a treaty, India demanded I hand over Port Moresby. Why? It is an American-built city, not Indian. Therefore, I refused to sign. In the end, an island off the west coast of New Guinea had an Indian city, later renamed Labuha, which I decided to take. It was done successfully. Having howitzers on hills, and on a different island, is very handy. They can't touch them. The city fell to me, and when I wanted peace, India demanded they hand over Labuha. This I could accept, as it was their city at first.

In America, I built Vancouver for the sole purpose of selling it to the English. England had lost the cities in their homeland and were stuck on a remote island near Iceland. This was me doing them a favour. Unfortunately, Japan invaded them and took Vancouver.

As far as I know, the Greeks were the only civilization to be defeated. But as I look around the map, it seems that I can't find Babylonia. I don't even remember them dying.

Another civilization with a close call was Rome. When I made peace with them, they were stuck on an island off the coast of Africa. I decided to build them a city in the Mediterranian. This was Iraklion, in Crete.

After building Iraklion, I tried to go back home through the Gibraltar Strait, where I came from, but I couldn't. Even though I had a right of passage aggreement with France, my access was blocked by their ironclads. In the end, I decided to live there for a while and build Palermo in Sicily. The second settler, which I used, was originally going to be used to colonise Cyprus, but it was behind French borders already.

Back in the Pacific, I decide to settle in my home country (real life, not the game), New Zealand. The first city was Christchurch, soon followed by Dunedin. Some iron and gold are available for me there in the area called Milford Sound. I will be moving to the North Island as soon as my military units from the Indian campaign arrive to settle the barbarians there.

My workers finally reach Australia to fix any problems the barbarians made for me. Plus, I need more colonies there.

Captured Indian workers from the city I took from them will be used to build around Port Moresby. After which they will become rubber colonies.

Tonnes of coal and oil has become available in North America, therefore lots of colonies have been built in Alaska and Canada alone. With the discovery of Flight (which has happened), I can now build what will be the USAF.

Earlier on in the game, I started to build-up my navy. In each coastal city, I will have 2 of each type of vessel. I've just recently started on my first set of destroyers and transports to replace the frigate and galleon. The US Navy is starting to look good.

Due to a successful battle in Australia, my first leader unit appeared (Washington). Immediately, I sent it to Cairns and loaded it onto a galleon and took it to Washington DC to become an army.

------------------

CONCLUSION

------------------

I'm now in the process of placing certain units in certain parts of the world. Four of my destroyers are already on their way to their locations. One in the Mediterranean, one near Norway, one near Madagascar, and one in the Indian Ocean. More units will be spread out shortly.

My one and only army unit is waiting near Washington DC for its selected units to be loaded onto. Once this is done, I will be sending it to Iceland. The reason why will be revealed at a later date... ;)

------------------

END OF PART THREE

------------------

A lot has happened, as you can see. But alas, that's not all that's been happening since almost a month ago. I've had time to think about my game, and game up with a plan for the world. Yes, for the world. The reason I'm sending my army to Iceland is related to this plan. I won't tell what I'm up to yet, so you'll just have to stay tuned. ;)

As for the next events, here's what will happen:

1. More cities in Australia will be built, and the barbarian hoards will be ceased.

2. New Zealand's North Island will be cleared and colonised.

3. The USAF will be born as soon as possible.

4. Settle and scout South America. There have been Aztec units coming from there, yet no cities are on the map.

5. Harbours in Australia will be built so I can make infantry units in my homeland.

Keep tuning in for more very soon! :egypt:

going to hunt down the remaining english eh?

Well, there has definitely been some interesting events since my last update. The event that would stand out from the rest would be the first full-scale war involving me. Lets see how this took place...

------------------------------

A PROMISE KEPT

------------------------------

There were a few things in my last post, which I planned to do. I'm happy to say that I've accomplished most of them.

After creating an army out of my leader, Washington, I loaded 3 riflemen units into it, and transported it to Iceland. On arrival, it was fortified on the construction site of a city I planned to build (Reykjavik). After a while, workers and a settler arrived in Iceland and built the city. However, the Chinese already had a city there (used to be an English settlement), making one half of the country theirs, and the other mine. The future events in Iceland are already predicted.

In Australia, Melbourne was finally built. However, the barbarians still lurk nearby. Once more military units arrive in Australia, this will be sorted once and for all. Cairns finally builds its harbour, so my homeland can now use the rubber supply needed.

New Zealand now exists! The only city, which hasn't been built yet is Wellington. The 3 other main cities - Auckland, Christchurch, and Dunedin - have been settled.

Scouting South America had been put on delay, due to a major event occuring nearby (mentioned in the next section). This will become my next task.

As for the USAF, this has been very successful. Almost every American city has at least 2 of each available aircraft (at this point, fighters and bombers). The USAF is in existence. And to prove how worthy it is to me, I had the chance to 'test' them...

A CALL TO ARMS

Once my rubber supply was available from Australia, I built infantry units almost immediately. In the process, I decided to move all of my riflemen out of the cities, and northern fortresses, and fortify them along the US/Mexican border. Amongst these were some musketmen, which were never replaced, and some cannons. The occasional artillery unit was added to 'Border Control'.

Because I had so many riflemen and musketmen, I decided to transport a fair number of them down to Panama. This way, if any attacks from the Aztecs were made, I'd have them from both directions. Soon after, the arrival of the tank took place.

While building the USAF, US Army, and US Navy, the unexpected happened. My arch-enemy, the Aztecs signed a mutual protection pact with India, who were also acting in an unacceptable manner to me in the past (gee, I sound like a school teacher). Because of this, I was a little concerned. Also by the fact that a few more Aztec longbowmen appeared near my border. America prepares for war. As a safety move, I signed a mutual protection pact with as many other countries possible. In the end, my allies were China, Rome, and Germany.

Then it happened. The Aztecs defied me once again. A galleon transports an Aztec settler (with its escort) and builts a city next to my saltpeter colony in Mexico. I demanded they handed the city over to me, to which they refused. Once this happened, I decided to use my newborn USAF to fire the first shots of the next Mexican-American war. The bombers within range struck the city, before my cavalry units stormed in and razed it.

After this, I decided to teach the Aztecs a lesson, worse than the previous wars. I activated my 'Border Control' units in the next turn. Before I could move them, the Aztecs attacked me with a longbowman - causing my allies to enter the war against them. The beauty of it was the fact that India didn't do a thing! Either the pact was expired, or I was doing something right.

The Aztec longbowman, however, failed to destroy my units, therefore this was the time to move in. My blockade in the north was supported by the units in Panama. I choked the Aztecs in a big way. Along the way, I razed every city I took. As I approached the new Aztec capital, they wanted peace. The deal was just a regular peace treaty, but I decided to twist their arm a bit by demanding all their cities, gold, and maps. Didn't work, however. So I kept on pushing their forces back.

In Iceland, I noticed a galleon move from the Chinese city, heading southwest towards Central America. This indicated that my allies were on their way...so I decided to try and end the war before they got there.

The thing I found odd after the war started was the fact that almost every other country wanted to end the embargo I had against the Aztecs. Not only that, 2 of my allies didn't want the protection pact anymore. Rome was the only one that stood by me in this, even though they never really could do anything to help.

Before I took the new Aztec capital, I noticed a settler unit had entered the city. At this time, I suspected a possible escape plan in progress, so I had to move quickly. Just in case I was right, I moved 2 battleships from Washington DC to the Caribbean to catch any Aztec ships trying to escape. In doing this, I learned that they had already built a city in Jamaica (which is only 1 square long, and 1 square wide).

Once my battleships reached Cuba, one of them went towards the Gulf of Mexico, and the other would cut between Cuba and Haiti (by this time, the only Aztec cities were in Jamaica, and the Yucatan Peninsula). No ships were spotted, so instead I used the battleships to bombard the last city on the main continent.

At last, the Aztecs had been pushed into the sea. The only remaining city they own is in Jamaica. It has no harbour, which means they're trapped, and no resources can reach them. At this point, I decided to make peace with them. After which, I fortified my 2 battleships near Jamaica to keep an eye on the Aztecs.

-----------------------

CONCLUSION

-----------------------

There you have it. My first major war proved to be a successful one. The thing that I found exciting was the fact that the only modern weapons used were aircraft, battleships (only in the final battle), and artillery. A majority of the units used were old riflemen supported by cannons, and musketmen (whom surprisingly proved to be rather successful).

At the end of the war, I decided to fortify my riflemen units in certain locations of Central America, which will be used as city sites (all a part of my plan, which I'm working my way towards). All cannons and musketmen in the Aztec war were disbanded soon afterwards.

As for the Aztec settler I spotted, I managed to get some workers out of it. When I did so, I found that there never was a galleon to escape on. The workers I claimed were used to make colonies out of all the saltpeter in the area (4 in total).

While all of this happened, I managed to start on some Wonders of the World. I already had the Universal Suffrage in Washington DC. The Hoover Dam was finally built in Las Vegas (closest location to its historical one). As you read this, Las Vegas is constructing the SETI Program, and New York should be almost done building the United Nations.

Another thing I noticed was something that could lead to a new threat. The Egyptians have settled near Venezuela. With this city nearby, it could pose as a threat to me.

----------------------

END OF PART FOUR

----------------------

As I end this round, I decide to start planning my next moves. Here's a brief plan of action:

1. Once the UN is built, New York will be starting on the Manhattan Project.

2. The delayed scouting of South America will take place as soon as possible.

3. Make sure the Egyptians never expand in South America.

4. Finish taking Australia as my own.

5. Send more naval units to help support my destroyers in the North Sea, coast of Morocco, Bay of Bengal/Indian Ocean, and near Madagascar. Amongst these will be 2 carriers (each). One full of fighters, the other with bombers.

And you thought what's already been happening was the interesting part! Keep coming back for more soon. :egypt:

Hello people :). I was planning on attaching my *.sav file to this message, but apparently it's too big! The reason for attaching was because I was having a short break from the game, and wanted to treat the story followers.

But from the looks of things, you're all gonna have to see what I get up to in future games. Hehe. I was also gonna do the same with my Babylonian game, but after what happened with this one I assumed it would be just as big a file.

However, the next time I'm playing, I'll happily take some screenshots of what I've been doing ;). This way it'll be more clearer than my explanations.

I've had about a week off from the game, so I'm more likely to come back to it shortly. Update you all soon. ;)

Can't wait till next installment

A very interesting update this one. Let me tell you about it:

-----------------

PART ONE

-----------------

Everything was normal. America was coming out of the war with the Aztecs, and replacing units was under way. Then the French and I agree to a Right of Passage. But almost instantly, a French unit takes one of my colonies in Canada.

Following this was a huge air raid on Panama from the French cities in South America (they had destroyed the Egyptians by this time). This war was going to be a rough one, and on American soil.

Then without warning - my computer freezes! I hadn't saved it since before I started the game. Back to basics it was.

-------------------

PSYCHICS 'R' US

-------------------

It may be called cheating. Then again, if you think about it, I had no choice. But what I did was I used the information I learned from my last 'attempted' game as an advantage. At that time I used my knowledge of what the French were up to. And I used it against them, to prevent it from happening again.

As I went back to my game for the first time since the 'attempt', I immediately sent a decent amount of troops to the French/American border in Canada, and to the borders of the French in South America. These units were all up-to-date. The only units that weren't were a few riflemen based near Panama. The units used were cavalry, tanks, paratroopers, infantry (after the arrival of the mechanised infantry), artillery, fighters and bombers, and each type of modern naval vessel (except AEGIS).

After the army build-up, I decided that it was best to form a mutual protection pact with as many others possible. In the end I managed to get Rome, China, and Germany to sign.

Then I decided to prevent the French from sending air attacks, by starting a war. However, in the first few turns of the war, I didn't attack. The reason being the fact that France was in a pact with China, one of my own allies. So I decided to let them make the first move. Just so my plan would work, I made sure all of my units were behind my borders (land and ocean). Surely enough, the French attack me behind my borders, and my allies (including China) declare war on France. At least now I knew I'd be saving time in attacking them in Europe and Asia. The others would do it for me.

I did, however, regret bringing Rome into the war. My plans from so many weeks ago included them in it. But Rome only had 2 cities (both on an island each). France came along and destroyed them. My plans have changed yet again.

My war in Canada and South America, however, was in my favour. The French cities in Canada were razed, but the Aztecs captured one of the cities I was after (like before, a small number of their units were in South America still, but I still don't know where they came from). China had taken the second one, and razed the third. France was no longer in the Americas.

After this, I decided to try my luck in taking a city in Europe. The city I chose would eventually be renamed to Lisbon. But as I was coming close to taking it, the French wanted peace. My work in kicking them out of America was completed, so I agreed to it.

I can't remember what caused it, but somewhere along the line, China decided to take me on. Because of this, I did my part by razing their city in Iceland. The island country is finally all mine.

However, just as I was saving the game (last time I saved), I learned that some Chinese ships have appeared near Port Moresby. A new war is about to take place...

END OF PART FOUR

Things are about to heat up a little bit, as you can see. The French are no longer against me, but are still against China, if my memory serves me.

I'm no longer in pacts. Lately I've noticed that the next time I contact my allies it seems to disappear without telling me. I'm going to see who can help me out against China next time.

With the arrival of the F-15, my air force will also be having a makeover. All propeller-driven aircraft will be replaced. Fighters will be disbanded, but the bombers will only be found on carriers. Getting jet-propelled bombers will be a goal for the next few turns, as cities will only be guarded by the F-15 and helicopters.

I will need to send troops to Australia as soon as possible, due to the Chinese appearance near New Guinea. Australia, at this point, is my least guarded area, and needs assistance. Most of my rubber supply is there, so it is vital.

--------------------------------------

Getting interesting? Just wait until next time. :egypt:

hey u never mentioned having copters in the game any other added units?

Um, I think my navy is fully upgraded, except for AEGIS. Still have the artillery - should have the mobile one soon enough. Infantry is pretty much a thing of the past with the mechanised infantry arriving. Very shortly, I'll have the modern armour, and with any luck, the bomber will be replaced. ;) Oh yeah, I've only just started building my first tactical nuke. ;)

Top Bottom