Favorite Map Type/Size?

PRCouture

Chieftain
Personally, i favor Terra and on Huge. Bigger the better, right? :)
I've tried Archipelago and continents, and they aren't nearly as fun.

I tend to play fractal / small or standard. I dislike large maps because 1UPT makes it tedious to move armies over great distances. Fractal makes a lot of chokepoints, which helps me play defensively.

Currently I'm loving Inland Sea/Small or Inland Sea/Tiny, because it is very different, and you always have to deal with possible attacks from two directions.

I don't have time for long games, also I try to have the map best for the AI, so:

tiny, pangaea

(I put 5 civs and 5 CSs in it, no ruins - and quick speed, I think it fits nicely with tiny...)

I like fractal's unpredictability (sorry not my native tongue), also continents is classic and works.

Terra is very cool too, it's nice to colonize the new world and fight colonial wars.

I'd like to see poll about game speed though, I think there's a huge difference between normal and epic for example.

small pangaea. larger than that makes domination victory too difficult. and AI is too dumb on maps where you have water separating.

I actually quite like the maps that the PerfectWorld mod (or whatever it's called) produces. Generally standard or large size.

Duel. Continents. High sea level. Filled with 8 civs. Plus city states.

What? I like early wars... :)

I actually quite like the maps that the PerfectWorld mod (or whatever it's called) produces. Generally standard or large size.

That map script generate great maps but the problem is that it does not creates a 'New World' & it sometimes places too many mountains. So I use this map, otherwise when playing as Colonial civ like Spain or England, i use Terra. Size is usually Small on Epic Speed & Prince difficulty.

Duel. Continents. High sea level. Filled with 8 civs. Plus city states.

What? I like early wars... :)

I hear you.

I personally like Terra maps of Duel size. 4 civs. 4 cs.

Action from the beginning, where every move counts.

I like pangaea an inland sea for being thrown right into the thick of things, but continents is my long standing favorite. The race to astronomy and discovery of the new world full of trading partners has always been the part of the game I enjoy most. Always standard or large size.

Huge at epic speed, usually continents but i can use others too.

Top Bottom