Game Speeds

Ghneuma

Chieftain
In the purpose of a better understanding on how different game speeds influence game mechanics I've read many forum threads on the web and several wikis on CIV5GameSpeeds.xml file which controls them, but I've not found yet a clear and full reference resource. So, in my little, I'm testing several changes to this file. In the time being these are my conclusions and my doubts:

- DealDuration: defines the amount of turns for which a trade deal last.

- GrowthPercent: is the percentage of the base food cost for city to grow hence it represents the city food storage size.

- TrainPercent: is the percentage of the base hammer cost for training units (except settlers).

- ConstructPercent: is the percentage of the base hammer cost for building wonders, national wonders and buildings.

- CreatePercent: is the percentage of the base hammer cost for completing projects.

- ResearchPercent: is the percentage of the base science cost for researching technologies.

- GoldPercent: is the percentage of the base gold cost for tiles buying.

- GoldGiftMod: is the percentage of the base influence got on a city-state by gold gifting.

- BuildPercent: is the percentage of the base time for worker to complete a build action (building improvements, building roades and railroads, remove routes, remove terrain features, scrubing fallout, repairing).

- ImprovementPercent: is the percentage of the base time taken for improvements to grow (in Civ V v1.0.1.221 there are not growing improvements yet hence in the time being it is not used).

- GreatPeoplePercent: is the percentage of the base GP points cost for generating great people.

- CulturePercent: is the percentage of the base culture cost for city borders to grow and the base culture cost for acquiring social policies.

- BarbPercent: by my tests it seems it influence the amount of barbarians appearing near a camp more than the amount of camps itself. Can someone confirm?

- FeatureProductionPercent: I saw that the only terrain feature that gives hammers when removed is forest. Is it so? Then in a Civ IV Wiki I've read that maybe this variable controls other effects. Someone can tell me anything about?

- UnitDiscoverPercent: in the same wiki resource I'm learning that this field defines the percent of base science amount produced by a Great Scientist when we rush a technology research. If is it so in Civ V this field is unused because a Great Scientist gives us a complete free technology. Is it correct?

- UnitHurryPercent: also here, in Civ V units cannot be hurried like in Civ IV but it's possible buying them. So I think this other field is unused.

- HurryPercent: same thing with buildings construction. It should be unused yet.

Sorry, perhaps this is not the right section...

UnitHurryPercent affects how much the Engineer can hurry something (assuming production speeds are drastically slowed it will have a much bigger impact than the Discover does since Scientist is free tech regardless of cost now)

What I want to know is how to change the years per turn.

Me too. How do you change years per turn? Is there a way??? This should be the most simple thing to mod.

Me too. How do you change years per turn? Is there a way??? This should be the most simple thing to mod.

And it is. It's in the GameSpeed_Turns table. I think it's best to use XML or SQL code that deletes the entire content of this table first, and then add your own entries.

UnitHurryPercent probably controls the amount of hammers Great Engineers generate when they hurry production.

And it is. It's in the GameSpeed_Turns table. I think it's best to use XML or SQL code that deletes the entire content of this table first, and then add your own entries.

UnitHurryPercent probably controls the amount of hammers Great Engineers generate when they hurry production.

I found a game speed mod and simply changed the perimeters within that and Wala!!!

Top Bottom