(RFC) The Mongol Horde

Icaria909

Emperor
Hey guys, my classes have started to wind down so I decided to put up this story earlier than expected. I'm going to try and post every day until the story is over. So let's start.

I'm playing RFC (obviously) and on monarch. I warn you, I am not nearly as good a player as Jusos, so don't expect miracles. But, I hope to conquer and settle an empire that resembles the Mongolian Empire in the 13th century. I also plan on winning through the UHV.

Here's a taste of what to expect. Ata Malik Juvaini once said about the horde:

"In Bukhara, one of the great cities of the Khwarazmian Empire, the Friday mosque was filled. It was the year 1220. The throng had gathered not to hear a sermon, but to listen to the words of the man who had just captured their city. The warrior who had climbed up into the pulpit after dismounting from a small horse was a foreigner. His clothing and armor indicated he originated in a distant land. The assembled audience of religious leaders, doctors, scholars, and other imminent men waited for the stranger to speak. When he finally did, it was through a translator who said:

O people, know that you have committed great sins, and that the great ones among you have committed these sins. If you ask me what proof I have for these words, I say it is because I am the punishment of God. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."

(Ata Malik Juvaini, Genghis Khan: The History of the World Conquerer, translated by J.A. Boyle (Seattle: University of Washington Press, 1997), p.105)

For tomorrow's chapter: The Mongols Horde Unites.

Good luck, I will be following the horde's progress. Is this a 3000BC or 600AD?

Another story. Yay.

Read Conn Iggulden's Conqueror series. Historical fiction about Genghis, well worth reading. Subbed BTW.
Should be a good story, Mongols are awesome. :)

Wait...what happened to the other story?

Oh, and I sub for this one :D

I saved over that game, so I'm just discontinuing it. Btw, This is from the 600 start and I'm starting just as the Mongols.

The year is 1190 and the mongols appear on the world scene ready to conquer the world.

Spoiler :

The Mongols decide to settle down and settle Kharakhorum on the spot.

Spoiler :

I immediately switch to slavery and vassalage. Monarchy would be useless because more often than not I wouldn't have enough troops to keep in my cities anyway and it would only cost me more money.

Spoiler :

My first UHV condition is conquer China by 1300, so I have eleven turns to do that. Let's get started.

First my soldiers move south toward the Chinese border near Beijing. I need China to declare war on me so that way I receive extra troops so I call up the Chinese diplomat and demand Chinese cities until China was -20 :mad: at me.

Spoiler :

The following turn Chinese cities revolt.

Spoiler :

...and China takes the bait! They declare war and more troops appear in Kharakhorum and move south to join the main force. The rest of the troops cross the border with China and head straight for Beijing.

Spoiler :

Ulaan-Ude is settled one tile north of the horses and starts Jinzou starts rush building archers to defend all my new cities.

Now, all my troops camp outside Beijing as they wait for reinforcement from Beijing to arrive.

Later, I settle Ning-hsia south of the iron and Ust-kut west of the fur.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Mongolia has greatly expanded and is on the doorstep of the Chinese capital. It's time to take what's rightly ours.

For tomorrow's chapter: The Horde Descends on China!

finally a RFC Mongolian story :D
will be following it, hope you get to Hungary~ like IRL (damn RFC wrong stability maps!)

inspired me to finally start a Mongolia game :D

EDIT : already "ended" my Mongolia game :sad:
year 1505, tried converting to catholic recently to maybe get some deals with Isabella, anyway, this wouldn't help me, i tried to rush for the 12% of the world UHV when i saw i was already at 1450 :sad: before 1450 i only owned my capital + 2 cities to the north (near the iron and gold) + china + khmer as vassals
my stability was quickly growing and i had a solid economy before my rush, if only i started it earlier i would've invaded Russia for good (i had a awesome general unit with that exp+ promotion and all the strengh ones, the other keshiks of his army were like strengh IV~)
but yea, i saw it was 1505, with 9.97% of the world in my control, if only i started at like 1400 my whipped pagan temples could've helped the territory, then razing some noob cities would be easy, i already had 3 or 4 razed cities...

Spoiler :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nice start, like the writing style :) Hoping for more soon.

will be following it, hope you get to Hungary~ like IRL (damn RFC wrong stability maps!)

year 1505, tried converting to catholic recently to maybe get some deals with Isabella, anyway, this wouldn't help me, i tried to rush for the 12% of the world UHV when i saw i was already at 1450 :sad: before 1450 i only owned my capital + 2 cities to the north (near the iron and gold) + china + khmer as vassals
my stability was quickly growing and i had a solid economy before my rush, if only i started it earlier i would've invaded Russia for good (i had a awesome general unit with that exp+ promotion and all the strengh ones, the other keshiks of his army were like strengh IV~)
but yea, i saw it was 1505, with 9.97% of the world in my control, if only i started at like 1400 my whipped pagan temples could've helped the territory, then razing some noob cities would be easy, i already had 3 or 4 razed cities...

Spoiler :

China was your vassal? I can't find them in the map

collapsed?

Spoiler :

I know, I feel like the biggest obstacle to Mongol conquest of the world is Russia. Damn you General Winter!

Once all my troops have gathered outside of Beijing, they storm the city and slaughter all of the Chinese garrison. The first Chinese city to fall to the Horde marks the start of a great Mongolian Empire.

I split my forces to cover more territory. The next prime goal is to capture the Chinese cities to the northeast that refuse to accept Mongol over-lordship. So the bulk of my forces head towards Korea while a smaller force heads south to attack the Chinese holy city of Qufu.

Before my troops reach Fushan, a chinese city just north of Korea, mongolian settlers settle Qiqihaer in Northeastern China.

Spoiler :

In the same turn, Keshiks pour over the Chinese border and Capture Fushan.

As the northern campaign was winding down, Qufu was being attacked. Mongolian soldiers fought very hard, and after sustaining casualities, Qufu fell.

The last Chinese city to resist Mongol rule north of Beijing is Seoul in Korea and a turn later its meager garrison is slaughtered and the city falls.

The Mongol empire now spans from Mongolia in the west to Korea in the east, reaching as far south as Qufu. I have one more turn to conquer China. Let the horde continue its rampage of destruction into southern China.

For tomorrow's chapter: The Chinese Coast Falls!

Nice...you're going like i did in my game, but i conquered Korea with 1 mercenary before going futher south from Beijing

Btw, i think everyone should play DoC in marathon, it's so much better.

China was your vassal? I can't find them in the map

No, i owned China and Khmer was my vassal :rolleyes:
Mongolia whiout China is kinda of...stupid...

collapsed?

i think i would collapse, but i could stand even after doubling my size in 50 years :rolleyes:
maybe if i continued playing i would collapse in like 20 years :D

I know, I feel like the biggest obstacle to Mongol conquest of the world is Russia. Damn you General Winter!

No, it's time, with the Mongolian UU ignoring movement costs in hills and forests i could easily conquer a city before general winter attacked my units

I mean China. They might have collapsed. :)

Oh, they collapsed when they had like 2 cities around Tibet and that one in the south, Hangzhou i think, Khmer conquerede the southern one, i razed one of the tibet ones and conquered the other, then i attacked Khmer to get the southern one and razed 1 city + conquered 2 in indochina, but they accepted captulation and i gave both back (including the one religion one, making me loss free religion that i changed to thinking the game would allow me to stay with it :()

When's the next update? hope you'll do better than me :D

Top Bottom