Song Gaozong

Yeah, my first real leaderhead: Emperor Gaozong of Song.

I tried to stay as faithful as possible about the clothes. Looks like pyjamas. But just a little;)

Here are some informations about him:
Spoiler :
Song Gaozong
Emperor of the Southern Song
Lived: June 12, 1107 - November 9, 1187
Gaozong, born Zhao Gou, was the tenth Emperor of the Song and the first of the Southern Song Dynasty. On one hand, he managed to save the Song dynasty for another 150 years, on the other hand, especially the Han people think of him as dubious sovereign because of his failed appeasement policy towards the Jurchen.
Gaozong was the fifth son of emperor Huizong, which made him the younger half brother of to-come emperor Qinzong. At first, he was excluded from the succession of the throne.
He was a local ruler during the northern Song, while his brother was emperor. At that time, the Jurchen people rised to power, who displaced the Liao in Northern China, becoming a vial threat for the Song. After a short period of peace, the Jurchen, now calling themselves the Jin dynasty, besieged the capital Bianjing and conquered it. By conquering the Song's capital, the Jin kidnapped most of the imperial family, including the two former emperors Qinzong and Huizong, to hold them hostage in Manchuria. All of them spendt the rest of their lifes there. Just a few of the family, one of them was Gaozong himself, managed to escape into the south to make Lin'an their new residence and capital. This incident is known in China as the "Humilation of Jingkang", while Jingkang was the era name of Qinzong.
During the beginning of his reign, the Jin kept attacking, but the Song fought them off every single time. After years of war, Gaozong suddenly went a pacifist way, knowing that a reconquest of Bianjing, or even a defeat of the Jin may have resulted in restoring his brother's reign and putting himself behind. He fired his military advisors, and even plotted with his premier against Yue Fei, who is regarded as a patriot by the Han people, to put him to death. He signed the treaty of Shaoxing, which made the Song factually a vasal state of the Jin, but kept the peace for some time.
He lost his only child, so he made his subordinates looking for relatives in southern China, and they finally found a sixth cousin, which became his sucessor, naming himself Xiaozong. Gaozong resigned in 1162, but lived until 1187.His is also known as a poet which influenced art at his times. Some of his work survived until today, for example the "Quatrain on the Heavenly Mountains".

He will be part of the mod i'm helping to create (Rhye's and Fall of Asia, just in case you wanna try it out sometime). Soon, we will enter Beta stage; so prepare, it's gonna be awesome.

PS: can anybody with english as his or her first language please hive me hints about what sounds too stupid in the text? I'm not too good in writing english in a more or less scientific way, but i sure will end up needing it some day.

Attachments

• Gaozong.PNG
    Gaozong.PNG
    221.5 KB · Views: 2,482
  • Song Gaozong.7z
    3.2 MB · Views: 561
That is a fantastic leaderhead!

Especially for a first effort. If I didn't already have four Chinese leaders in my mod I'd add him, he'll certainly be in an expansion. :goodjob:

If you post the text I'll take a look at it.

Nice :) I'll almost certainly use this in my personal mod.

Thanks y'all! :D

I also have some new ideas, like the one i asked Ekmek about. But that one's not working out so far, and i'm like two attempts from tossing my screen across my room...:lol:
Not giving up though.

@The Capo: Thanks for your help; i meant the text in the spoiler.

Yeah, looks pretty good! I like the shading especially at the face. Looks pretty good to me.

Once again, thank you all.
I'm already working on my next LH. I want to use Sejong, but give him Frederick's animation to get Hongwu from the Ming Dynasty; with reskinning in the end.
Because the easy way didn't work out, i had to asign every vertice to a group in Blender. And now...his hand disappears in the head while he runs his hand over his face, and there are also interference when he grasp the collar. :undecide: It's like i always have to learn the hard way what's possible and what's not.
But i'm way too far now to quit, so i will change the .kf files, too; We will see if it's worth it in the end. That's what you get when curiousity drives you.
I just hope that veBear can forgive me that i'm not finishing his work:(

Very nice (say with Borat-ish accent) :D

dear civ - addicted, i hate to be the bearer of bad news! i tested this in - game and the right eye kinda pops out unnervingly as the head moves . . . apart from that it was great! i hope this can be fixed, i'd love to use it

dear civ - addicted, i hate to be the bearer of bad news! i tested this in - game and the right eye kinda pops out unnervingly as the head moves . . . apart from that it was great! i hope this can be fixed, i'd love to use it

Thanks for the feedback:)
Though i just watched in very closely in Nifscope (i can't do it ingame atm) and saw nothing except some minor overlapping with the eyelid. At which movement/action did you notice it?

sorry civ-addicted, i've been a bit busy! i'm afraid i can't tell you what animation it was . . . it was tested in - game. i find it a common problem with custom leaderheads. it was a great pity . . .

I thought i had freezed you out:lol:
:think: if you've seen it with other custom LHs, it might be a problem with your computer. Maybe an old graphic engine? Or a way too new one?:p That could explain a lot.

Top Bottom