Tapatalk

nabaxo

King
I would love to see Civfanatics implement support for the Tapatalk app on Android/iPhone/Blackberry. It would make it so much easier to access the forums from my smartphone. Anyone else?

Do other phone internet browsing software use tapatalk.. or are there lots of different versions.

Would not a "mobile friendly" website make more sense (like eBay, Facebook etc have)

Tapatalk is just an app for smartphones that's used to browse forums with. Nothing else. It however requires the forum to have the Tapatalk plugin installed.

Is it better than others? Better than whatever iPhones use, or Android phones?

I view CFC via iPhone all the time.. doesn't seem to be difficult at all... is this needed?

Does this Tapatalk cost to download? Is it a popular download?

Does this Tapatalk cost to download?

There's a free client which allows reading and navigating the forums, but if you want to post with it you have to pay for another client.

Is it a popular download?

Relatively popular, from what i can tell...at least it's not obscure, and there are several forums which use it.

It is an app FOR IPhone and Android.

Telling us that it is is an app for smart phones does absolutely nothing to tell us what it is and what it does (There are 100s of thousands of apps for smartphones which do a million things (and some, nothing at all)).

EDIT: Besides "browsing the internet" which does not differentiate it from any other browser available for smartphones.

I browse the forums with my iPhone and I haven't encountered any problems besides the usual resulting from a smaller screen.

EDIT: Besides "browsing the internet" which does not differentiate it from any other browser available for smartphones.

Can you please tell me where I said it's an app used for "browsing the internet"?

Relatively popular, from what i can tell...at least it's not obscure, and there are several forums which use it.

Several large forums at that. It really does make it easier to access forums from my Android-phone.

Can you please tell me where I said it's an app used for "browsing the internet"?

Tapatalk is just an app for smartphones that's used to browse forums with. Nothing else. It however requires the forum to have the Tapatalk plugin installed.
I assumed this meant you could brows the net. Why the hell would you spend money on something just to browse forums when you can do that with a free browser? A question you've been asked a few times and still ahve not answered.

@PrinceScamp: It's purpose-made for this task and it works great.

Thanks to the admin who enabled it! I just posted this from Tapatalk. :D

Why are you all being so negative about this?! I just bought the app and it's amazing! Honestly it makes browsing CFC so much easier on my phone now. In some ways it's even better than browsing on my computer...

The app costs £1.79. It's well worth it.

EDIT: here are some screen shots.
Subscribed threads:

Off topic forum view:

Viewing this thread:

(All this done in bed using my phone. P.S. Yes I am naked.)

Top Bottom