The Deity Story Challange!

Copaczin

Philosophical, Creative
The Sun rises over the year 2011. Since time immemorial, the Civ Fanatics have lead a nomadic life. Now, they are finally ready to settle and begin their own Story Challenge Thread.

Copaczin, The Civ4ST Elders have assigned you to be the Starter of the Storytelling Games. The Civ Fanatics have mastered the technologies of Writing and Computers. Your people have vested absolute power in you, trusting you to build a Story Challange to stand the test of time!

Take a guess as to which one of those sentences came from Red_Spy.

For those of you who haven't read pages 3 and 4 of The Journey of Ten Fails, and thus have no idea what this thread is about, read them here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422403&page=3

Finished reading? Good.

So apparently, I was assigned the honor of starting a Deity-Level "Story Challenge".
The basis is simple (kind of) : I shall create a map, pick options and so forth, and post a Worldbuilder save. Those wishing to take part in the challenge will then download it, play it out (remember to press Print Screen to take screenies ;)), and then write the best story they can based on what they've done. It can be Drama, Comedy (pick comedy), romance (if you've read "An Iberian Love Story"), or any other genre you can imagine. Then post it in this thread!

The Rules, so far, are:

1. Play on Deity (in case anyone hasn't caught on by now).
2. If you are planning on joining, Play a decent amount of your game before reading other's entries. It is recomend that you meet all the ai's and explore most of the map before reading, so there won't be any spoilers.:goodjob:.
3. Help me come up with more rules.

We'll start by coming up with the specifics (if any) of what people should be doing. An idea I had would be to create a "Directive" for yourself, which would serve as a "main goal", and dictate how you react to other civilizations. For example, players whose Directive was Wealth would try to create a trade empire and take control of as many resources as they could, and a Directive of Faith would be to spread your religion to as many cities as possible, and be hostile to anyone following heathen gods.
This is just an idea, however.

Once we have some guidelines down, I will create a map and post its save. I intend to make a world where you won't be conquered in 50 turns (Like the original Journey of a Thousand Fails :sad:), but will nonetheless meet a significant challenge. It is, after all, part of the title. ;)

Bonus points for having a Promo Poster for your story. :mischief:

This sounds great :goodjob: will it be on a mod?

Also, do we create different thread for when we go up to play the save?

Oh, cool Copaczin you're doing it.

How about you play through it first and post the beginning save?

That way it's cool

ilduce, can you use mods that enhance gameplay with out changing it? i.e.the bug mod.

Still would like a vanilla OCC Diety game.

Still would like a vanilla OCC Diety game.

Do you mean vanilla as in without expansions or vanilla as in without mods? Because a WB save can be opened regardless of having a mod or not, just as long as its BTS.

Also, now is the time to tell me your Leader, Special Rules (Raging Barbs, Permanent Alliance, etc.), and Map requests. I'm going with Gandhi unless someone can give me a better choice :lol:.

I mean without mods.

Do you mean vanilla as in without expansions or vanilla as in without mods? Because a WB save can be opened regardless of having a mod or not, just as long as its BTS.

Also, now is the time to tell me your Leader, Special Rules (Raging Barbs, Permanent Alliance, etc.), and Map requests. I'm going with Gandhi unless someone can give me a better choice :lol:.
I demand Pericles :D

Top Bottom