The New DI 2: Brennus' Sacred Grove

Optical

The Fall of the Eleventh
That's right. It's back.
What doesn't kill it makes it stronger.
Divine Intervention.
It's my turn.

The rules, copied and pasted from Mosher's The New Divine Intervention (with one or two changes to suit the game options):

I, as Brennus of Celtia, will play 50 turns. Then you guys, the gods, will "intervene" - basically, screw around in worldbuilder, make things harder, easier, whatever. I can reject any map that I deem to apocalyptic (for instance, if you destroyed the continent I was on and made all my cities islands, or made barbarians capture all my cities but my capital).

Here are the Commandments of Deityhood, copy & pasted from Divine Intervention V's OP.

I.Thou shalt announce your intentions.
--(Be sure to "got it" so we don't run into continuim errors. We reserve the right to ignore not announced updates)

II. Thou shalt not Intervene if you were the last deity to intervene, and thou shalt only intervene once per waking
--(You may only intervene once per my update, and you must wait for another God to intervene before intervening again.)

III. Thou shalt not reveal the secrets of knowledge or the heavens to mortals.
--(No units or techs should be revealed to any civilization if they are not in the current or previous era of the player)

IV. Thou shalt not use your powers for cataclysmic destruction
--(Remember, less is more. Be subtle. It is far more interesting for everyone if you make subtle, interesting changes like forming a choke with mountains than if you just tear giant swathes of ice through my cities. I reserve the right to reject saves I think are unnecessarily apocalyptic.)

V. Thou shalt reveal yourself to the mortal with grace.
--(Everyone loves a good story, and if you decide to contribute to it, be creative! Choose a name and domain [i.e., Winston, the Sea God] that you govern, even if the characters don't know it's you acting)

VI. Thou shalt not be vindictive, and thou shalt not halt progress.
--(You are not allowed to strip techs away from me. Anything I research is mine permanently. You are also not allowed to remove any named unit, for any reason.)

VII. Thou shalt not be unnecessarily nice to the puny mortal.
--(I do not need a stack of thirty Level 9 Praetorians to win my fights. You do not need to fill my BFC with flood-plain grassland goldmine hills next to rivers. The only exception to this is if you genuinely make me work my ass off to get it, and even then it not ought to be as good as the dream city outlined above.)

VIII. Thou shalt reward him for piety, and thou shalt offer him redemption for his punishments.
--(If you give me a quest and I succeed, reward me! If it was easy don't give me a big bonus, and if it was hard I am going to be miffed if I get another Great Prophet for all my hard work. Likewise, if you punish me, tell me how I can fix it!)

IX. Thou shalt not war with the other gods. Much.
--(Obviously there's going to be some strife between those who would support Brennus's Quest, and those who would seek to oppose him. Having said that, Gods are not allowed to reverse the effects of an intervention without waiting for the update after the effects have been felt. This includes quests. In fact, you would do well to leave the other god's quests alone entirely. If you want me to do yours instead, make it more interesting or more lucritive)

X. Thou shalt obey the natural order of things, and of time, and of destiny.
--(There is a storyline going on here. Do try and fit in. Do not take great lengths to completely detract from it. Be smart.)

XI. Thou shalt not abuse your architectural omniscient nature.
--(Don't add wonders that don't already exist.)

FAQ
Q: Another God has already edited the save this turn. Can I do it too?
A: Yes, but you may not undo their changes. Take their save and edit it. Also, you may only edit once per turn.

Q: I have this cool idea that only slightly violates your rules, but it's really cool!
A: Just keep in mind I have the ability to reject any save I deem over-the-top

Q. How long do I have to edit the save?
A. Post here to say when you've 'got' the same. Once you say 'got it' you'll have a maximum of 12 hours to edit the save - so make sure you have time to edit. I'll update weekly or fortnightly. That way everyone should have time to do their edits.

Q. I want to play, but I can't make the edits! What can I do?
A. Feel free to ask any of the other players to make your changes along with theirs. Just make sure to spoiler them as stated below.

Also, this is a story - write, describe your changes. Be creative. Don't just say what you changed and be done with it.
Put your changes in spoilers! And mark them with the abbreviation NFOE (Not For Olaf's Eyes). I'm not supposed to know what you changed.

Without further ado - the settings:

The start:

Only one spot left! Latest save on page 3, edits open.

The New Divine Intervention (the previous instalment of the series, hosted by Mosher)

Signups:
1. hoplitejoe - Moccus, god of misplacing things and the sea Quest: Found a coastal city - DONE
2. Red Spy - Red Spy, god of spies, luck, gambling and wealth Quest: Capture his city - If it's Las Vegas: DONE
3. NinjaCow64 - The Narrator (his excuse to RP as lots of different gods :D) Quest: Get 'The Captain' onto the island. Don't use the Captain outside the boat or the island, or to attack the bear. - DONE
4. Yoshiegg737 - Bel, god of islands and martial arts
5. Civ'ed - Ulm, god of awesomeness, OCC and vassals Quest: Capitulate the founder of Hinduism
6. Mosher - Wehrmacht, god of war Quest: Eliminate a civilization (I think)
7. Omega124 - Flamethos, god of fire
8. GreatLordofPie - Nameless (that's his name), god of food and lack thereof. Quest: Found Christianity
9. Dhoomstriker - The Pope, Ruler of Religions
10. momo1000 - Boreas, god of wind and winter Quest: Go to the shrine at the native village - DONE
11. Shades of Gray - Gorsyj, God of Madness, Mischief, Humor, and a little bit of Schadenfreude every now and then. Quest: Get three sheep resources - DONE
12. mayor - Gaius, god of wildlife and vegetation
Signups will max out at 12.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot2133.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot2133.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 619
  • Civ4ScreenShot2135.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot2135.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 573
I will join as Moccus god of misplacing things and the sea

I am Red Spy. God of spies, luck, gambling, and wealth.

edit: ilduce, read the rules in Mosher's DI.

I sign up as...I’ll let you try and guess. ;)

@Olaf: Have you patched to 3.19? If not, do it. It’s very important.

I think this is warlords...

Why's that?

Also, I join as Wehrmacht, God of War! None shall stand in the way of the mighty legions of the Wehrmacht.

I'm looking forward to not being the mortal. Also, your start looks pretty bad.

I'll start with my epic Wehrmacht God of Warring skillz when the first update is up to play around with.

I'm making...

Not for Olaf's Eyes (NFOE)

Spoiler :
I'm going to make the world just one big, wartorn hellhole! :mwaha:

Top Bottom