More Knights

Nutty

Deity
5 Jan 2012 EDIT: Uploaded a new pack of 5 models

• Some tiny tweaks to the earlier English and French knights
  • A second model for Italy (earlier Chianti knight has a friend from Siena)
  • A new Russian knight

DOWNLOAD

Spoiler screenshots :

ENGLISH AND FRENCH KNIGHTS
From the conversation here:

Could you do some Knights for England and France ?
Bernie never got around to it, so I was playing around with reskinning more "ethnic" units for my Single Unit Graphics mod and came up with THESE reskins based on Bernie's. Of course, since that was all I needed, I only made one of each, but maybe I (or someone else) will get inspired to make more.

CHIANTI KNIGHT
And from the conversation here:

For Nutty : some Italian Heraldry to make more knights :)
  • Tuscan (Roman) knight (retexture) - Complete. I didn't use your armorials, Hulfgar, but there you are. (SEE ATTACHMENT)
    Spoiler Inspiration :
    Spoiler Pilferation :

EDIT:
RUSSIAN KNIGHT
Plus...

I had totally forgot that I'd been working on a Russian knight, where I'd already made a bit of facial armor for the horse:
(I really liked the caparison from this miniature, so I stole the texture from here)
Spoiler inspiration & pilferation :

SIENA KNIGHT
Spoiler inspiration :

And... see download link above.

Where did you get the Yellow/Black heraldry for the Florentine knight? Florence's coat of arms is usually red/gray or red/white and has no rooster. Just curious for modding sake.

Where did you get the Yellow/Black heraldry for the Florentine knight? Florence's coat of arms is usually red/gray or red/white and has no rooster. Just curious for modding sake.

I guess by the time I labelled him, I had forgotten what I'd read. Well, it's Tuscany, anyway, Chianti province.

EDIT: Now, I've got to rename everything. :p

EDIT #2: I don't know if Chianti could historically field many knights, especially where their black rooster story seems to say, "Hooray! Our 3 villages were subjugated by Florence instead of Siena!" But apparently the modern winemaking concerns have the wherewithal nowadays to send someone to the Saracen Jousts.

Anyway, I've always intended to come back and make some more knights for Italy...

Its the reverse- the rooster woke up the defenders of the Chinati region one morning intime to defend from a Florintine attack, and enabled the region to be under the control of Sienna - which the region is in the vacinity of Sienna, not Florence, so the reason they are so happy is because they continued to be under local control, and had a bigger say in self governance. A Florentine victory would have been subjugation, in this context.

A true Roman knight would probably be along the lines of a Cataphract anyway, IMO...

Its the reverse

You seem to be talking about a slightly different legend than the one I came across, where they determine where the boundary lines are by heading out from their respective cities when the cock crows, and meeting in the middle. The Florentines used a half-starved black rooster who crowed before the sun came up, so they got most of Chianti by getting an early start.

A true Roman knight would probably be along the lines of a Cataphract anyway, IMO...

Can't argue that point. Different era, but roughly comparable. I can't just do a simple reskin in that case, however.

Hmm, no screenie for the Sienna knight in that post! I am desperate to see!

Hmm, no screenie for the Sienna knight in that post! I am desperate to see!

You just had to click the download link for screenshots, but fine, I added the screenies to the post. :p

EDIT: I think, again, I've been sloppy in trying to figure out where these Saracen jousters are from. Whatever, it's definitely Tuscany. And though I've seen shields divided lengthwise for Siena, the official coat of arms is divided horizontally.

You seem to be talking about a slightly different legend than the one I came across, where they determine where the boundary lines are by heading out from their respective cities when the cock crows, and meeting in the middle. The Florentines used a half-starved black rooster who crowed before the sun came up, so they got most of Chianti by getting an early start.

I heard mine while in the region of Chianti, so I'm a bit partial to it! :D

Nutty if you could ever reskin these with Game of Throne house sigils. It would be awesome.

@nokmirt: You're using the sigils from Luir's mod?

Luir and I are working on an all new GoT mod. He is redoing the artwork for the sigils. If you need that for your work let me know and I can send it. I know he would love to have a set of knights with the correct sigils. Let me know what you may need in any case. If you have time and want to do it. That would be awesome and we both thank you. If you don't have time there is no rush.

I don't have a lot of time, but it'll be fun. PM me a link to your art and I'll see what I can do. :)

Nutty I'll get back to you at some point coming up. We are going to make a grand scenario and could use the knights then.

Top Bottom