WoT Modern Warfare Mod

MazterJo

Chieftain
War on Terror Modern Warfare Mod

Description: This Mod was designed to simulate a political world where nations do not have sufficient capacities to be superpowers and have formed real world alliances to rule the world.

4 New Civilizations include The Northern Alliance, The European Union, The Eastern Bloc and The League of Arab Nations.
4 Unique Units and 2 Unique Buildings per Civ.
4 New Leaders.

Spoiler :

Civilization #1: The Northern Alliance
Leader: Barack Obama
Trait: The Free World
Units: F22 Raptor (Offensive Jet Fighter), B2 Spirit (Advanced Stealth Bomber), Marines (Amphibious Infantry) and Airborne Rangers (Stronger Paratroopers).
Buildings: The White House (Replaces Palace) and West Point Academy( +xp for military units)
Summary: The Northern Alliance have the most advanced units in the game and are best for strike attacks and invading foreign lands. The however start across an ocean and are hardest to get to the centre of conflict.

Civilization #2: The European Union
Leader: Jose Barroso
Trait: The Free Market
Units: Eurofighter Typhoon (Defensive Jet Fighter), Queen Elizabeth Class Carrier (4 Cargo Carrier), Peacekeepers(Infantry with bonus in quelling unrest in their lands) and SAS (Expensive but deadly Paratroopers).
Buildings: The European Bank (Replaces Bank) and The European Market(Replaces Market)
Summary: The European Union are a defensive civilization concerned with Economic progress and have the best skills in city state diplomacy.

Civilization #3: The Communist States of the Eastern Bloc
Leader: Vladimir Putin
Trait: Communism
Units: Mig-35 (All Round Jet Fighter), T90 (Advanced Modern Armour), Medics (Infantry with Medical Bonus) and Spy (Advanced Scout with Rival Territory Bonus).
Buildings: The Communist Powerhouse (The production centre for the communists) and Nuclear Reactor(Gives much more power)
Summary: The Eastern Bloc have the most powerful land units and best production and can easily churn out units to bring into conflict.

Civilization #4: The League of Arab Nations
Leader: Amr Moussa
Trait: Religious Intervention
Units: SCUD (Powerful Rocket Artillery), Kashtan CIW (Advanced Anti-Aircraft), Militants (Cheap Riflemen) and Terror Riders(Advanced Cavalry as a deterrent to peacekeepers).
Buildings: The Militant Stronghold (Beefs us strength of cities) and Mosque(Gives culture)
Summary: Although the League of Arab Nations have the cheapest units, they have the most oil in their region, a commodity that the entire world would try to get their hands into. Therefore they have the best defensive units in the game.

Strategy: Almost all the modern unit require oil, so there is a demand from all the major civilizations to get their hands on it. The Arab League have the cheapest units but have the bulk of the oil and must deter all other nations away from it. They must hold out till the game ends. The is abit of catch up in the first 50 turns to deal with barbarians and sort out the research and population adjustments as the scenario starts in the industrial age but after you're civilization is firmly set, the others should come quickly and aggressively enough.

No Gameplay changes so it can be used with mods that improve gameplay. It was designed to be played as a 4 multiplayer mod but Firaxis has not allowed this yet unfortunately. The mod is still in beta stage so any feedback or code inputs would help me alot. Thank you.

Installation:
I had problems with the worldbuilder/scenario data so I had to duplicate 4 different maps for each of the 4 civilizations, check spoiler for a guide.
Spoiler :

-extract the file in your Documents/Sid Meier's Civilization V/MODS
-launch Civ V > Mods>Browse Mods>(Click Install Mods)
-find the War on Terror (v1) mod line and click it
-click back>Single Player>Set Up Game
-now click on maps then choose the WoT map of the starting civ you want to play
-make sure you click the load scenario button, doesnt matter if it says random civ
-start game
-(if you just want to play using the custom civs then dont worry which map you choose, just dont press the load scenario button and it will be a normal game with the custom civs)

Next Version:
Spoiler :

Adding two more civilizations to the mod, ASEAN to control the entire Asia/Australia Area and The African Union to control most of Africa.
Unique Unit graphics for all the units.
Better Gameplay changes. I would need help modding.
Civilopedia entires

Footnote: This is just a game I wanted to play and it has no political or religious agendas. I hope noone takes offence, its just a game. I would appreciate if the comments or feedback are just generally on how to improve the gaming experience of civilization V. Please do feel free to offer help in anyway, coding, art or even combination of mods. Cheers. :king:

Attachments

• War on Terror (v 1).zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 690
  • na.jpg
    na.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 697
  • eb.jpg
    eb.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 768
  • eu.jpg
    eu.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 649
  • al.jpg
    al.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 651
This is exactly the kind of mod I'm looking for, I'll give it a try today and see how it turns out. I wonder if I can use the 4 civilizations on a random pangea map, I love the industrial era/modern era so this looks extremely good.

I'm really looking for a large modern warfare mod but the way the AI works right now, I can't have a good game unless it's a pangea, the AI is woefully bad at crossing oceans in my experience.

I don't know if you are still working on this mod but it looks really cool, I'll try it and leave some feedback.

cool mod but on the map can you add more oil. I'm using another mod with this mod that makes petroleum finite.

Top Bottom