Rome/Italy

gentlegerbil

Chieftain
Hey guys!! Great to be back modding Civ... haven't done this in a while and Civ V is definately presenting some challenges for me.

At any rate, unfortunately my unit creation days are done since Civ 2 used gifs and I could edit/design those... these new animated units... that's something else. However, I will be having maps released and creating maps for those upon request! (This is obviously when I have time).

For my first recent addition, I've been creating a mao for Italy during the early republic (500-250 BCE) uniting the different city states. Here is a pre-release for those wishing to use my map :). Please note: Something is messed up with random seeding for resources so I haven't gotten to that yet as I'm going to have to manually place (unless Firaxis fixes soon).

Enjoy!

Attachments

• italy_romekingdom.7z
    4.6 KB · Views: 448
  • italy_map.jpg
    italy_map.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 1,430
Yes, a friend and I are going to do a Rome Scenario where you unite all the city states of Italia. Of course there's enough room to throw in Carthage, Dacia, Macedonia and even a few Greek City States, so we'll see what happens.

Any good resources where I can find a map of natural resources of different locations? I found general information on coal mines and even oil, but nothing as far as wine, silk, etc. I'd like to make the resources geographically accurate too.

Top Bottom