Claim Territory

youmakemefart

Warlord
I saw this option for some units early on in the game - now it never reappeard... I don't know under what conditions it is possible..

is there a thread with info on this new feature?

I saw this option for some units early on in the game - now it never reappeard... I don't know under what conditions it is possible..

is there a thread with info on this new feature?

when you have fixed borders I think

You can only claim territory when in the lands of a player you are at war with. There will be an icon with a flag on it in the action bar for all your military units. Click the icon and in the next turn the territory will be yours.

As Koshling says, this only applies when you both have fixed borders.

You can also claim neutral territory at all times, Munger. But you need fixed borders. I believe Despotism, Monarchy, and something else gives fixed borders. Facism?

Until the next release (fix) just be aware that if you switch to Republic or democracy and your neighbor still has Monarchy or lower Gov't Civic you Will lose border tiles to him even with units on them. Lots of border tiles.

JosEPh

You can also claim neutral territory at all times, Munger. But you need fixed borders. I believe Despotism, Monarchy, and something else gives fixed borders. Facism?

I don't think neutral claims are retained though unless you keep a unit sitting in the tile? In my experience as soon as I move out of the claimed tile it reverts back to neutral.

Does this only work with certain civics? or units? or techs?

Does this only work with certain civics? or units? or techs?

Only civics that provide military borders. Despotism, Facism, Monarchy I believe

Until the next release (fix) just be aware that if you switch to Republic or democracy and your neighbor still has Monarchy or lower Gov't Civic you Will lose border tiles to him even with units on them. Lots of border tiles.

JosEPh

Thats... terrible...

Top Bottom