Avoid "Reload Landmark System"

Thalassicus

Bytes and Nibblers
Just in case anyone missed this in the Bug Reports forum, it's worth pointing out here too:

ModBuddy option causes game crashes

SSeckman mentioned elsewhere that an update to Mod Buddy should be out in a week or two, so this problem might be fixed in that release, or possibly earlier.

Wow, I'm glad this has finally been figured out. I wasted a lot of time trying to figure out which wonder mods were causing my games to crash 50-200 turns into a game before I finally just gave up trying to use them.

SSeckman mentioned elsewhere that an update to Mod Buddy should be out in a week or two, so presumably this problem will be fixed in that release.

What exactly it means? :eek:
It means that, after the fix will be out, we modders must rebuild EVERY mod having this flag on (in my case ca. 25 !!!) :mad: or it means that each ongoing mod version will work by itself? :confused:

dshirk only said they're looking into the problem.

The expected SDK update arrived, but I didn't read anything about this issue in the changelog. Do you know something more about it? :confused:

From my experience with this bug, it's incredibly hard to isolate.

• It can happen at any time in the game.
  • There appears to be no discernible pattern.
  • It's not repeatable. If the bug happens and you reload, it won't happen again.
  • The game crashes without any useful error information.
This combination of factors makes it one of the hardest classes of bugs to track down, speaking from experience as a programmer. I suspect whoever's tried to solve this at Firaxis is having a very difficult time.

That would explain the CTDs I have with my mod : mostly while moving a unit and whithout any obvious reason !

The expected SDK update arrived, but I didn't read anything about this issue in the changelog. Do you know something more about it?

If I understand right how Modbuddy works this bug is probably in the game and not in the SDK :
What Modbuddy does is to tell the game to reload the landmarks or not and it is one line with a 0 or 1 in the modinfo file.
The problem is probably that the game can't handle this function and that would require an update of the game.

Thanks for pointing this bug out Thalassicus, it was driving me crazy :crazyeye:

I am wondering if this may have something to do with it :

From the game's log file Database :
[12391.175] constraint failed
[12391.175] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[12410.144] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[12410.144] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[12410.144] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[12411.221] Failed Validation.

I didn't touch the landmarks artdefines in my mod, only unit's graphics, but silly enough I had this reload landmarks enabled.

What exactly is "Reload Landmark System" used for? I'm wondering if I even need to check it for my mod......I have a WB scenario, and I have added in 3 new natural wonders (using existing game art of course), but that is why I checked it, I may not even need it........what do you guys think?

So I unchecked it and there are no more random crashes in my mod!! The three new natural wonders I added are "stand-alone" (not replacers), but I gave them the same art assets as existing wonders. So apparently doing it this way does not require it to be checked, but it doesn't look different, it just has a different name, different placement terms, and different yields.

Kingchris20 if you need to check the "Reload Landmark System" you could use Whoward's Farm replacement mod. Just include it in your mod, check the "RLS" box and you will have no more crashes.

Top Bottom