Which MAP types do you play the most?

Which MAP types do you play the most?

• Archipelago

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • Continents (Terra & Small Continents)

Votes: 86 43.0%
  • Pangaea

Votes: 61 30.5%
  • Real-earth (Earth, Mesopotamia, Asia, Mediterranean, etc.)

Votes: 17 8.5%
  • Land only (Great Plains, Lakes, Highlands)

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Symmetrical (North vs. South, West vs. East)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Custom Maps - please explain

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Others - please explain

Votes: 22 11.0%

• Total voters

maltz

King
My favorite map type is real-earth maps.

I have been drawing maps since grade school. Playing on "real" maps allows me to better imagine the greatness of civilizations. I can better imagine the exciting moments of the world. The rivers, mountains, and strategic locations are (hopefully) accurate. "Crossing the Alps like Hannibal" feels better than "crossing that mountain". :king:

Real-earth maps offer a great variation of strategies even on different birth places of the same map, as the terrain can be drastically different. I admire people who has the patience to use the same civilizations on the same map type over and over. I would chew my Civ5 DVD on the third run. :p

Pangea.

I used to play continents a lot, but then i got tired of having to deal with a superciv at the end of every game.

I play more on continents on average, which is how I voted. But I play several map types depending on my mood and what I want out of the game. Incas on highlands is sometimes just to much fun to pass up.

Pangaea plus. usually. I play all maps though, and tend to make a lot of custom maps just for trying out games I think would be fun.

I played Continents, Pangea and Ancient Lakes so far and the next game will be Archipelago. I like the variety. :)

Including other Civs, I played Continents the most.

Continents, while the AI might not like building a navy, I love it. Archi's are just a bit too random and give crappy start-ups, but nothing beats having your own contient conquered even if you're aiming for a science victory.

Pangaea generally, although I often like to do things like play a tiny map with 16 civs, or conversely a huge map with 2 civs. Makes the game very different.

Fractal should be in the poll, it's my favourite.
Sometimes I play Pangaea.
Continents makes the game way too easy, so I never play it.

Terra Incognito. Highly packed, lots of wars, slaying the barb armies on the New World is fun. Or Continents with extra Civs and raging barbs.

Top Bottom