Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > COLOSSEUM > Off-Topic

Closed Thread

Old Aug 02, 2011, 03:51 PM   #1
Cheetah
Deity

Thumbs down Norway was punished by God because we're fag-enablers...

Or so says Westboro Baptist Church.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westboro Baptist Church
NORWAY MUST REPENT OR PERISH! WBC WILL PICKET THE FUNERALS OF THE NORWAY DEAD TO WARN THE LIVING: THEY DIED FOR YOUR SINS!
Norway made being a fag legal in 1972, and passed laws for fags to marry and adopt children in 2008. Did you think God would wink at that in-your-face sin forever? No! He sent the killer to slaughter 75+ of your children and citizens. It doesn't matter what stripes Anders Breivik has or what you do to him now; God formed him and appointed him to punish Norway.

"The LORD'S voice crieth unto the city, & the man of wisdom shall see thy name: hear ye the rod, & who hath appointed it.” Mic. 6:9
Will you hear the rod, Norway PM Jens Stoltenberg, Oslo Mayor Fabian Stang, Norway King Harald V – and Him that appointed it? Will you repent and put away your proud sin? Or will you go the way of doomed USA, waxing worse in your sin, lifting up your middle finger to God – and perish? Obey God! Calling yourself “liberal” or “tolerant” gives you no pass!
Right... They're actually threatening to come to Norway to protest at funerals?

This article at NRK only presents Norwegian readers with an introduction to WBC (Most Norwegians have never heard of them) and what they've said, and also a comment from the police:
Quote:
– If they actually go through with what they're threatening to do, then I can only say that that is one of the world's worst ideas at the moment, says Johan Fredriksen, chief of staff at Oslo Police District to NRK.no.

Fredriksen has no knowledge about this group of Christian fanatics, but says that he hope they'll moderate themselves.

– Normal, thinking humans don't think like that. I don't think they deserve any more attention. These statements confirm that humans are the world's most complex construction. This is far removed from any kind of sanity, and we find it difficult to understand it, continues Fredriksen.

– Does the police take the threats seriously?

– The police has to take everything seriously, but this is something I actually find difficult to take seriously. If it actually happens, then we will of course be able to deal with it, Fredriksen confirms.
I completely doubt that WBO will come over here to demonstrate at funerals, but if they actually do, here's how it will play out:

1. They spend lots of money to travel to Norway.
2. If there is some kind of law against the idiocy WBO intends to commit, they'll probably not be granted access to enter Norway.
3. If there aren't any laws like that, they'll at least have to document that they each have 2000 Nok ($370 USD) in funds for each day they intend to stay in Norway. That's a funny little law to make sure everyone who comes to Norway have enough money to live, but it's only really enforced when we want to keep out people we expect are only here to cause trouble (hooligans, East-European criminals, foreign prostitutes, etc.).
4. If they actually are allowed to come into Norway, they'll probably find some anti-demonstrations as soon as they're in the airport.
5. If they actually show up at any funeral, they'll be surrounded by some tens of thousand people telling them how completely insane they are.

But really, there's some serious lack of judgment in that cult...
Old Aug 02, 2011, 03:55 PM   #2
Dawgphood001
The Professional Poster

Well, homosexuality is a sin. So sayeth God. Therefore, thou must pay for thine sin.

That's what all the Christians tell me, anyway...

"You have undertaken to cheat me. I won't sue you, for the law is too slow. I will ruin you."-Cornelius Vanderbilt

"Talent hits a target no-one else can hit; genius hits targets no-one else can see."-Arthur Schopenhauer

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."-Malcolm X
Old Aug 02, 2011, 03:55 PM   #3
bombshoo
Hi!

Eh. What did you expect from them?
Old Aug 02, 2011, 03:58 PM   #4
Cheetah
Deity

Well, as far as I was expecting anything from them, I was expecting not to hear much from them at all...
Old Aug 02, 2011, 04:00 PM   #5
JollyRoger
MRA

If God is inflicting your country with Westboro Baptist Church, then you have really displeased God somewhere along the way.
Old Aug 02, 2011, 04:01 PM   #6
Save_Ferris
Admiring Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgphood001 View Post
Well, homosexuality is a sin. So sayeth God. Therefore, thou must pay for thine sin.

That's what all the Christians tell me, anyway...
It is not a sin, homosexual acts are. This church is crazy, judgement comes with death.

Old Aug 02, 2011, 04:04 PM   #7
LucyDuke
staring at the clock

It's the Westboro Baptist Church. They're the best trolls on the planet.
Old Aug 02, 2011, 04:05 PM   #8
madviking
new wave enthusiast

Excellent discussion we're all having here.

Join #fiftychat | 2013 NCAA College Football Pick'em Champion | OWNES I | In Titan's Shadow | RIP Z.B. -- 10/11/92 - 4/18/12
Old Aug 02, 2011, 04:08 PM   #9
Joecoolyo
99% Lightspeed

I want to see the WBC attempt this, and the aftermath

Old Aug 02, 2011, 04:08 PM   #10
Dawgphood001
The Professional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Save_Ferris View Post
It is not a sin, homosexual acts are. This church is crazy, judgement comes with death.
Lol...so homosexuals never ever commit homosexual acts.

Looks like WBC is just passing judgement on it's most hated group quite nicely, much like other more "mainstream" Christians are often seen doing in public.

I really hope one day people will wake up and realize what a waste of time religion really is.

"You have undertaken to cheat me. I won't sue you, for the law is too slow. I will ruin you."-Cornelius Vanderbilt

"Talent hits a target no-one else can hit; genius hits targets no-one else can see."-Arthur Schopenhauer

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."-Malcolm X
Old Aug 02, 2011, 04:12 PM   #11
JollyRoger
MRA

Quote:
"The LORD'S voice crieth unto the city, & the man of wisdom shall see thy name: hear ye the rod, & who hath appointed it.” Mic. 6:9
A lord with a rod crying out to a man of wisdom? Sounds kind of homoerotic to me.
Old Aug 02, 2011, 04:28 PM   #12
civ_king
Deus Caritas Est

Quote:
Originally Posted by Save_Ferris View Post
There are Catholics who are perfectly comfortable being gay.
The WBC act about as Christian as the Norwegian lunatic gunman terrorist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgphood001 View Post
Lol...so homosexuals never ever commit homosexual acts.

Looks like WBC is just passing judgement on it's most hated group quite nicely, much like other more "mainstream" Christians are often seen doing in public.

I really hope one day people will wake up and realize what a waste of time religion really is.
Did you realize religion is a waste of time during a good trip or a bad trip?

Cor ad cor loquitur
Old Aug 02, 2011, 04:29 PM   #13
aelf
Noctis Lucis Caelum

Smoking kills and the wages of sin is death.
Old Aug 02, 2011, 04:31 PM   #14
AL_DA_GREAT
amour absinthe révolution

Funny then that the most famous Norwegian terrorist has gone to pride festivals and had a homo friendly blog.

Anyway, we are not in a position where we can pick and choose our partners. That's why we have to ensure that we influence other culturally conservatives to take our anti-racist pro-homosexual, pro-Israeli line of thought. When this direction has been taken we can take it to the next level. - the terrorist
Old Aug 02, 2011, 04:33 PM   #15
Dawgphood001
The Professional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by civ_king View Post
Did you realize religion is a waste of time during a good trip or a bad trip?
Come again? Surely you see what a waste of time it is, no?

Old Aug 02, 2011, 04:40 PM   #16
Agent Cooper
Lynch's Creation

The WBC... is that the Fred Phelps who believes in beating the out of your wife and children and that the 9/11 terorist attacks were (also) Guds punishment of America because of gay sinners?

God bless George Carlin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg7O0GzrHmA
Old Aug 02, 2011, 04:54 PM   #17
Ziggy Stardust
Cracked Actor

It's a badge of honour to join the exclusive group of people the WBC hate, also know as "the rest of the world".
And I can act like an imbecile
Old Aug 02, 2011, 04:57 PM   #18
Dumanios
Deity

Damn Westboro Baptists. I would hardly be surprised if some Norwegians went viking on 'em.

I'm totally quoting this out of context and putting it in my signature. - Choxorn
Old Aug 02, 2011, 04:59 PM   #19
Lord of Elves
Suede-Denim Secret Police

Someday WBC is going to "jump the shark" or the fridge, if you prefer.

"5$ per person an hour for quality religious fundamentalist protest. We do gay marriages, political rallies, and birthday parties."
14:15 Luckymoose wah wah school
14:15 Luckymoose "oh, I'm LOE and I don't know how to treat a ho."
14:16 Luckymoose "She asked for the D, but our youth should strive for A's."
Old Aug 02, 2011, 05:06 PM   #20
El_Machinae
Colour vision since 2018

Moderator Action: The OP contained too much censored language. As well, there's not going to be much actual discussion in the thread. Closed
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

The only acceptable long-term outcome is an affordable cure.
The March of Dimes worked. The cure prevented a raging Universal Iron Lung coverage debate.
The parallel with Alzheimer's is strong.
Closed Thread