In Game Notes, Markers and how do I put my workers on a chain of tasks...?

caliskier

Chieftain
Hi all,

I only get to play this game very intermittently due to much more important obligations, i.e. wife and kids :) and just life in general. So when I finally get to play I have to spend time remembering what was going to do next with City X and where I was going to put that loose settler, and what tech I was running down. Also because I do not get much time to play was wondering if there are any way to put workers on a chain of tasks so I don't have to remember what all I wanted to do with them, also would speed up the game as I am not managing them all of the time... So my questions...

1. Is there any way to mark on the map places I want to plant future cities?

2. Is there an in game note pad where I can write down some strategies I have in my head for when I come back to play again in a month?

3. Can you put a worker on a set of consecutive tasks in one turn so that he continues on to a new task after completing a task without my intervention? I.E. Can I, in one turn, tell a worker first build a farm here, then once you get done with that go to this square and build a mine, then after that go to this square and build a cottage, then build some roads, etc... so that he does not bug me for several years (turns) while he automatically completes all of these assigned tasks? I do not like being a micro-manager. I know you can tell them to build a road from point A to B, and I know you can automate, but was hoping you could do more than that.

Thanks folks.

1. You can make signs using alt+s or the strategy layer.

2. Not that I know of.

3. Probably, but I don't know how.

1. Alt-s will allow you to place a sign on whichever tile the cursor is on. Press Alt-s to enter sign mode. Then click on the tile where you want to put the sign. A box will open for you to type what you want the sign to display. When you press enter, the box will close and a sign, color coded to match your empire, will appear on the tile. If you are playing vanilla, you will remain in sign mode until you once again press Alt-s. In BTS, you exit sign mode when you press enter. In BTS, you can also exit sign mode by pressing Alt-s again, if you don't post a new sign. To remove an existing sign, enter sign mode and click on the tile with the sign. The sign will disappear. You can then either exit sign mode or post a new sign, as above.

If you are using BTS and BUG, you can place dotmaps for your future cities by pressing Alt-X. Just click on the tile where you want to place the city after that. You will remain in dot map mode until you again press Alt-X.

2. There is not a note pad as such but you could use the Alt-S signs (see #1 above) to leave yourself brief notes scattered about the map.

3. Hold down the shift key while clicking on the various tasks that you want the worker to accomplish. They will form a queue of tasks for the worker to execute in order.

1. Alt-s will allow you to place a sign on whichever tile the cursor is on. Press Alt-s to enter sign mode. Then click on the tile where you want to put the sign. A box will open for you to type what you want the sign to display. When you press enter, the box will close and a sign, color coded to match your empire, will appear on the tile. If you are playing vanilla, you will remain in sign mode until you once again press Alt-s. In BTS, you exit sign mode when you press enter. In BTS, you can also exit sign mode by pressing Alt-s again, if you don't post a new sign. To remove an existing sign, enter sign mode and click on the tile with the sign. The sign will disappear. You can then either exit sign mode or post a new sign, as above.

If you are using BTS and BUG, you can place dotmaps for your future cities by pressing Alt-X. Just click on the tile where you want to place the city after that. You will remain in dot map mode until you again press Alt-X.

2. There is not a note pad as such but you could use the Alt-S signs (see #1 above) to leave yourself brief notes scattered about the map.

3. Hold down the shift key while clicking on the various tasks that you want the worker to accomplish. They will form a queue of tasks for the worker to execute in order.

1. THANKS, to both you and Mosher, this is great news. Will start using it
2. Well, that's ok, this is probably the least important of my three questions, can always use "word" for this. No biggy
3. Good to know, very handy, was spending half my turns moving 20 workers around.

alt+s is my crutch for city specialization and reminders of where I plan (based on tiles) to put national wonders. I also use it to mark AI cities for razing if appropriate.

Top Bottom