• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

ModBuddy Error Message

Duque d'Caxias

Great General
I've got the following error message when trying to rebuild a mod on ModBuddy:

Error 1 An unexpected token ")" was found at character position 68 in condition "'($(PackageMod)' != 'false' And '$(Configuration)' != 'Deploy Only')". (File) C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Firaxis\ModBuddy\Civ5Mod.targets (Line) 117 (Column) 42 (Project) The Real World

Message appeared just after the ModBuddy update which came with the Korea Civilization Package.

I cannot find the file "Civ5Mod.targets" and I am not being able to fix the problem. What should I do?

I am having the exact same problem. I did not install the Korea DLC, but Modbuddy stopped working at ~the same time it was released. At first I could launch the SDK and all other menu options (such as Worldbuilder) but the Modbuddy IDE would not launch. I then reinstalled Visual Studio - same problem. Next I went to the SDK in Steam and under properties ran "Verify Integrity of Tool." Modbuddy then launched, but I am left with the exact same error as Duque described. Please help. My mod was cleaned and I can no longer rebuild it.

I think we need to sticky this, because this is like the 4th+ topic about it, haha.

Top Bottom