[BTS] [RFC] The Gardens of al-Andalus

Gruekiller

Back From The Beyond
Supporter
That's right, good people of Civilization IV S&T! Tomorrow begins the saga of Muslim Hispania, in which I bring the Moorish civilization to new heights of greatness in Vanilla RFC. "But Gruekiller," I hear you all cry out in unison, "the Moorish/Andalusi/Cordoban/etc. civilization isn't in Vanilla RFC!" I chuckle and respond as following: I'll start as the Arabs in the 600 CE scenario, take over Spain, raze Madrid, found Granada, build a palace there, and then force a collapse, so that I will be an Arab civilization with its capital in Spain. Simple as that. :D

The city will be done in a sort of "scrapbook" fashion, made up of bits of narratives, pseudo-historical documents, and pictures, which together form a single chronology and tell the story of my civilization from between its move to Spain (between 700 and 1000, most likely) to... let's say 2080 CE, which is 1500 by the Islamic calendar. Hopefully my reader base (such as it is) will enjoy this story.

... Of course, all the text here in the first post will likely be overwritten tomorrow when the story actually starts. :p

Great idea!
Learn those filthy Spanish a lesson :mwaha:. For an Islamic Iberia! Or will you adopt another religion?
If you hurry, you can reach Spain before they spawn - in that case, your units will flip, so prevent that.
Their starting army is longbows and swords - nothing your camel archers can't match, eh :)
How will you 'force' a collapse? By spamming cities all over the world?

Probably through civic changes and overextending himself.

Subbed, and added to RFC Stories Central

Subbying, Subbying, YEAH!

so, are you going for conquistadors? what about the middle east? will you invade France and defeat them at Tours?

Sub, and hurrah! A new story to follow.

Great idea!
Learn those filthy Spanish a lesson :mwaha:. For an Islamic Iberia! Or will you adopt another religion?
If you hurry, you can reach Spain before they spawn - in that case, your units will flip, so prevent that.
Their starting army is longbows and swords - nothing your camel archers can't match, eh :)
How will you 'force' a collapse? By spamming cities all over the world?

Islam will suffice, at least until I get Free Religion.

Dealing with the spawn war is always such a hassle. I can wait until after they show up and pretend I'm beating on some Visigoths. :lol:

I'll take over as much of the Arab stability area as I can, force my cities not to work any tiles, go into anarchy, and move my capital at the same time.

Subbing. Looks great! But what are you going to do about Portugal....

I'll smack them in the face and take all their lunch money.

Also I'll take over Lisbon.

so, are you going for conquistadors? what about the middle east? will you invade France and defeat them at Tours?

I definitely will be going for Mexico, though perhaps not Peru. I'll probably eventually retake the fringes of Arabia as "colonies". And yes, I foresee many wars with France in my future. Those damned Franks. :p

Tariq ibn Ziyad gazed across the waters of the great Mediterranean. How far his life had taken him in his twenty-two years, from the deserts far to the east, to here at the extremities of the known world. And now it would take him even further. Al-Andalus, was all he could think, gazing at the rock rising above the waters in the distance. Some Muslims had already been to those shores in small raids against its Visigoth overlords, but neither he nor any of his few thousand troops had ever seen this land, rumored to be more verdant and beautiful than any other known to the faithful.

It had not been long before that the old fortress-harbor of Septum had been seized from the Romans of Constantinople, and the Caliphate would not stop there. Musa ibn Nusair, the governor of Ifriqiya, had dispatched ibn Ziyad to this distant land, and Tariq would stop at nothing to claim the land for the Caliph. "General," one of his soldiers supplied, "that rock in the distance is one of those that the Romans call the Pillars of Hercules." The soldier gestured off into the distance at the focus of Tariq's attentions.

"Really?" mused the Berber general. "I suspect it shall have a new name soon."

Ibn Ziyad's force descended down to the harbor of Septum onto the waiting ships, and onto the pages of history.

Good Luck!

Following closely. I might even use parts of this story as inspiration for EOTN. Looking forward to the next chapter :)

"vanilla RFC" means the one that comes with BTS as opposed to RFC Europe, Marathon, RFC Dawn of Civilization, Synthesis, Civilizations in Abundance, RFC Asia or RFC Rand. :)

Top Bottom