(RFC) The Spanish Empire

Icaria909

Emperor
I'm not finishing my last story because frankly i was too bored to finish it. However, I was amazed when I was looking through Olaf's story archives (btw Olaf, great job with that :goodjob:) to find that no one has finished a story as Spain. So, here you guys go.

I decided to play in the same format that I did in my British Story : playing as the Romans and changing in the eighth century. However, unlike in my British story where the Romans collapsed early on, I want to make the Romans a powerful christian kingdom to challenge Spanish hegemony in Europe.

I'm playing to win the UHVs, but I also have several goals that I wanted to accomplish by 1936 (which is the latest I'll play as the Spanish).

As the Romans:

1. Found Christianity (found Christianity in Byzantium).
2. Control all of the Roman Empire under Trajan by 450 CE
3. Move capital to Byzantium and build apostolic palace in Rome.

As the Spanish:

1. Control all of historical Spanish colonies in the Americas and Asia, and in Europe, control Amsterdam, Spain, Sicily, Milan, and Vienna as well as vassalize Germany.
2. Spread Christianity to 51% of the World.
3. Burn every holy city except for Christianity’s holy city.

I'm going to finish this story, even if it takes me months. I've taken at least 50 pictures so far, so I have enough played that I can at least make updates if I'm too busy to even play. I hope you guys enjoy it.

For tomorrow's chapter: The Mediterranean falls into Flames!

Looking forward to this! Good luck with the Trajan empire, no one on S&T has ever got it.

I don't want to spoil the fun. I'll only say that you guys will enjoy the Roman side of the story :p

You should do what I did and conquer all of North Africa/South Africa/Europe/Western Russia/Middle East/Siam/India. :D

Good luck! I can't wait to see this...

I think there was something in the RFC sub forum similar to your Roman challenge at one point.

Yes, a new Icaria story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck :salute:

Subbed.

It had been a long day at the university. Professor Unamuno had been working tirelessly to put together his history of the Spanish peoples and he arrived home exhausted. He gingerly put the final draft of the book down on the table. Wearily but happily, he greeted his daughter-in-law at the door of his grandson's room and walked inside to find his rambunctious grandson dressed in his pajamas, hopping up and down on his tiny bed.

" Oh Antonio, it's passed your bedtime. You should be asleep," his grandfather said. Antonio's mother smiled in the doorway and quietly left the room to the professor.

"But Grandpa, you promised to read me a story tonight!" The boy exclaimed excitedly. "I won't sleep 'till you read to me." He crossed his arms and stood defiantly on his bed.

"Did I? Well, I'm not one to break a promise. What do you want to read tonight? You can pick any book." The boy looked around and realized his grandfather had already read every one of his books. He glanced past his grandfather and saw a stack of tightly bound papers sitting on the table just outside his doorway. He hopped off his bed and ran to the table, grabbed the book, and dropped it in his astonished grandfather's lap. "Surely, you don't want to read this? This is my historical research. It's nothing a fine young boy like you would want to hear."

The boy refused to change his mind. He wanted to listen to a new story. Reluctantly, the professor gave in.

"Well then, let's start from the very beginning." And the professor began to read...

Love your stories Icaria! Subbed!

The proluge is great.

"It all started many years ago. In Italy, a strong people known as the Romans founded what was to become one of the greatest cities in the World.

Spoiler :

The Kings of Rome believed the gods had chosen Rome to do great things for the people of the Mediterranean. Although these kings were little more than privileged chieftains, they convinced the Roman people that it was their duty to bring more land under the control of Rome. They sent settlers south to found the city of Pompeii.

Spoiler :

A fierce and barbarous people known as the Celts heard rumors spreading north about the great civilization that was developing to the South in Italy and implored the Romans to take control of their capital. The proud Romans happily accepted.

The Romans were expanding quickly and they came into contact with many other peoples of the Mediterranean. Disgusted by the squabbles of the elites in Carthage and the petty conflicts in Greece, Roman generals secured passage for their troops in galleys and set sail east. With Roman precision and speed, Roman troops disembarked off the isthmus of Corinth and stormed the city of Athens. Most of the Greek troops had been stationed south in Sparta and were completely unaware of the great disaster that had befallen their nation.

The Spartan troops rushed north to confront the Romans, but by then the Roman generals had their troops fortified within the city. The Spartans bravely attacked, were slaughtered by the praetorian guards in the streets of Athens.

In the west, Roman settlers traveled to Hispania where they set up the Roman colony of Tarraco.

Spoiler :

Buoyed by their success in Greece, Roman troops return to Italy where they were to recoup and prepare for future conquests. Tired of the slow speed of the conquest of the Mediterranean, Scipio Aemilianus loaded his troops onto the ships of the new Roman navy without the knowledge of the other Roman generals. He set out with his troops to conquer the phoenecian city of Carthage and earn everlasting fame.

In the middle of the night, Roman troops sailed to the outskirts of the city. Taking the city completely by surprise, Scipio Aemilianus issued the order to attack. Losses were sever because of Scipio Aemilianus's reckless attack, but after many days of fighting Carthage fell.

The Roman navy had spotted Carthaginian cavalry near Egypt, so they knew that their forces were safe for a time from a counterattack.

In only a few centuries, Rome had destroyed all her great enemies. The devastated Mediterranean now looked to her alone for guidance and support. If they only knew what great things Rome was to do. The Roman army sharpened their blades. There was much more to do." The professor smiled and closed his book. "I think that's enough for one night Antonio."

"That was a great! I want to hear more."

"Not tonight. But don't worry. I'll read to you every night until this book is done." He ruffled the boys hair, turned out the lights, and prepared to leave with his book.

Just as the professor was about to leave, the boy cried out, "but what am I going to hear about tomorrow?"

Glancing back, the professor patiently replied, "For tomorrow, I'll tell you about a city known as Constantinopolis."

Great update.

Great Update! I hope you get that goal you were hoping for...

Nice update, keep it up!

definitely subbed

Top Bottom