PolyCast Episode 127: "Lot of Resetting Still"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Just when you thought you had it all figured out. The one-hundred-and-twenty-seventh episode of PolyCast, "Lot of Resetting Still", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick and Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew with returning guest co-host Annalee "Cartimandua" Barney and first-time guest co-hosts Martin "Martin Alvito" Alvito and Alexander "nthexwn" Johnson; it has a runtime of 59m59s.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 01m08s | News
On the August 2011 patch for Civilization V being just released, and on the game's new Downloadable Content (DLC) in the form of Korea and "Wonders of the Ancient World" (23m17s).
- 44m53s | Open Mic
Responding to an email on the challenges of carrying out Succession Games (SGs) for CivV as compared to CivIV or CivIII, and then a call-in to discuss the DLC competition in writing CivV strategy articles (55m28s).

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Merchandizing for the Civilization franchise, and reaction to an omission.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; sibling show RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, ModCast on Civ modding and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

If you observe some notable differences in audio quality for the worse in this episode, as compared to most of our others, it is because I had to rely on our backup recording as the primary recording software failed (already corrected for the next episode, however). In addition, one of our guests had low volume intake for part of the show, and I've boosted it as much as I've deemed reasonably possible.

Nice to hear that. It was annoying.... ;)

NB! Thanks by the way for another great show!

Nice to hear that. It was annoying.... ;)
Though the technical difficulties were indeed frustrating, they pale in comparison to an even greater difficulty: if there had not been the backup recording when the primary software failed. :scared:

NB! Thanks by the way for another great show!
You're welcome, and thank you for the note. How long have you been listening to the show, and how did you first find it?

Great show again, didn't discover this podcast until last week now I've listened to all of Season 5!

You're welcome, and thank you for the note. How long have you been listening to the show, and how did you first find it?

Been a listner of every episode the 2 last years, or perhaps even longer. Found it on Civfanatics, and I thought, brilliant; Civ Radio is a reality! :D Been playing Civ since 1991, and is of course one of the biggest fans of the series.

NB! Other games I play is Europa Universalis 3, Hearts of Iron 2, GalCiv2 and a little bit of Elemental: War of Magic. I only play grand strategy, other games do not interest me at all, not the slightest. So
it's Firaxis, Paradox Interactive and Stardock that rules this planet!

Great show again, didn't discover this podcast until last week now I've listened to all of Season 5!
Thank you kindly, and welcome new listener. :) Did you listen to the rest of current season to date chronologically, reverse chronologically or 'scattered' out of curiosity?

In any event, I welcome you to further listen to any-to-all of our episodes and specials from our previous four years too! :crazyeye:

Been a listner of every episode the 2 last years, or perhaps even longer. Found it on Civfanatics, and I thought, brilliant; Civ Radio is a reality! :D
:king:

Been playing Civ since 1991, and is of course one of the biggest fans of the series. [..] I only play grand strategy, other games do not interest me at all, not the slightest. So it's Firaxis, Paradox Interactive and Stardock that rules this planet!
:D

Thank you kindly, and welcome new listener. :) Did you listen to the rest of current season to date chronologically, reverse chronologically or 'scattered' out of curiosity?

In any event, I welcome you to further listen to any-to-all of our episodes and specials from our previous four years too! :crazyeye:

:king:

:D

Reverse chronologically, from the top of the page to the bottom. With every episode, Civ 5 got a little worse. :lol:

Top Bottom