Sengoku: the feudal Japanese IOT!

Civ'ed

I ain't gotta explain a thing
はじめ Introduction:
The Sengoku Jidai has taken it's toll, only 5 days into it's beginning. 上杉 Uesugi, 山名
Yamana and 細川 Hosokawa, the three largest clans, have cause so much turmoil that Japan is a burning wreck.
We Christians now write the date 1st of June, Anno Domini 1467. New clans will arise, religious conflict will appear, and then there are men from overseas....

Welcome to the first feudal Japanese IOT, to celebrate Sengoku's release!

規則 RULES:
  1. No Trolling, Flaming, Spamming etc. THIS INCLUDES RICKROLLING, NYANNING AND TROLOLO.
  2. Don't make your clan something ridiculous like the von Draculas or something - THIS IS MEDIEVAL JAPAN.
  3. If Buddha or the Shinto gods decide you are too powergamey they will send you some Onis. (read: NO POWERGAMING OR ELSE THE WoG WILL GET YOU AND IT KNOWS WHERE YOUR COMPUTER LIVES.
  4. ONE PREFECTURE AT START.
  5. NO ONE STARTS CHRISTIAN, NO ONE STARTS WITH ARQUEBUSES
  6. THE SHOGUN IS IMPORTANT! IF HE IS DISPLEASED BAD LUCK, HE CAN CHOOSE WHAT TO DO...
  7. ... BUT MAY NOT POWERGAME HIMSELF!
  8. the Emperor reserves the right to change any of these.
規則 Warnings:
If you piss me off for long enough, be warned.
1st warning: just a friendly warning.
2nd warning: exiled to Ryukyu for 4 turns (can't play for 4 turns, your country will not be deleted, and will be left with the borders, it cannot be DoWed, etc.)
3rd warning: commit seppuku, your clan is killed, and your home is razed to the ground. (perm banned from playing)

参加 JOINING:
If you want to Join, there are some things you might have to consider:
Clan Name: Name of your Clan (Dynasty of Daimyos) goes here. Ideally this only contains the following letters and has to be possible in Hiragana:
Spoiler :
a, i, u, e, o, ka, ki, ku, ke, ko, sa, shi, su, se, so, ta, chi, tsu, te, to, na, ni, nu, ne, no, ha, hi, fu, he, ho, ma, mi, mu, me, mo, ya, yu, yo, ra, ri, ru, re, ro, wa, wo and n would be allowed, anything else... not so much.

Clan Ruler: Name of your Clan's Daimyo goes here.
Province Prefecture: Claim ONE Prefecture on the map (these are provinces. The real Japanese prefectures! :D)
Religion: Shinto, Buddhist, Animist at start, after a few updates Christians will come and give you a chance to switch religions! Shintos get 1 army at start, but start at HOSTILE with all buddhists. Buddhists get 10% more right to rule but are SHUNNED by Christians. Animists get +1 Respect but can lose their provinces, no siege. Christians get SHUNNED by everyone, however they can call upon their European brothers in faith in times of war! (Right to Rule = less chance of Ikko-Ikki, Respect = NPCs will vote for the most respected daimyo.)

幕府 SHOGUNATE:
This game's UN. The Shogunate is chosen at random from the Daimyos (after a voting sequence which has a "final five" system (vote the top five, then the randomness), and has extra influence. He may not be re-elected upon death.

死 DEATH:
Yes. THIS MAN. Your character will die, and unless he has a heir your Clan's territory might get some nasty Ikko-Ikkis or foreign powers.
Heirs are Royal marriages, heir to which clan is luck of the draw.
Personal Unions may happen, at which point you have control over your clan but lose some EP to the other. you can break one by declaring war.

銃 GUNS N' CHERRY BLOSSOMS:
There are different types of units:
Bowmen - basic, no EP needed.
Samurai - melee (+ shock), 5 EP needed.
Arquebusiers - gunsmen (+ fire), 10 EP AND Christians need to have landed in Honshu.
Yumi - Cavalry (+ shock, +fire), 20 EP AND you must have a plains prefecture.

地形 TERRAIN:
WOOT WOOT! It's finally made the big jump! Terrain is now an important part and may determine income and outcome of battles.
Terrain map:
Spoiler :

Japan is a country that can be described in 3 different terrains:
MOUNTAINS: you may lose troops in Mountains, but hell, it's worth the extra income!
FOREST: Hard to move through, but the timber is sought after across japan!
PLAINS: Not too much, but you get your horses and can build Yumi!
Christians are more likely to appear in plains or forests than mountains.

敵NPC ENEMIES:
MONGOLS: No, in this timeline the Mongols haven't given up... yet. From time to time they may pop up, and if the Kamikaze can't defeat them you will.
EUROPEANS: Whether they come to your aid or they are NPCs invading for teh lulz - they are a force to be reckoned with, but slightly under power due to the long journey.
IKKO-IKKI: peasants, trying to take Japan - weak but with many. They may appear during your own prefecture's little Sengoku.

戦争WARS AND SIEGING
Wars can start over anything in this period. Be prepared, anything from a disturbed tea ceremony to the Shogun's wish can kill you. If your heir and ruler die as well, well... Have fun surviving.
Sieges are fought between your levied armies - wait what? levies?
if you build your armies they aren't just there, they work the fields for you, you need to levy them first - prefecture wise or nation wise.
so back to sieging - each prefecture has a fort, each fort a garrison of 1000 (animists excepted from this rule). once all the garrison is dead (decided by a number roll) you OCCUPY the province.

平和 PEACE DEALS
Peace is decided upon by the parties, the shogun has no influence over this.
possible peace deals:
将軍のサポート SUPPORT FOR SHOGUN: your support for the next shogun election is ALWAYS to the victor.
臣下 VASSAL: self explanatory.
切腹する COMMIT SEPPUKU: force the other daimyo to commit suicide, kills the other leader. May not always be effective
別館 ANNEX: Self Explanatory.
利益 INCOME: Get the losers income for x turns, where x is the time decided upon.
個人的な連合 PERSONAL UNION: Self Explanatory, the daimyo, however, does NOT commit Seppuku and may return!
領土 TERRITORY: any occupied territory, not possible if the clan owns more prefectures.

地図を Game map (credit to Nedim)
Spoiler :
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7329/e722n.png

氏族 CLANS:
阿智胡 Achifu
ruler: Daimyo Achifu Kosa (aka Red_Spy)
Color: Brown
Religion: Buddhist
RtR: 10%
Respect: 10

Hattori Ninja
ruler: Hattori Hanzo
Color: ?
Religion: Shinto
RtR: 0%
Respect: 10
armies: 1 bowman

Clan Name: Achifu
Clan Ruler: Daimyo Achifu Kosa
Lands:
Spoiler :

I assume I got everything?

Hattori Ninja Clan​

[/IMG]​

Clan Leader: Hanzo Hattori

Claim Tokyo province.

Clan Name: Sinnoh
Clan Ruler: Shirona
Lands:
Spoiler :

Clan Name: Sho
Clan Ruler: Shomei'

Clan Name: Kikoyo
Clan Ruler: Umo Isi

claims in grey.

Attachments

• IOT japan.png
    IOT japan.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 539
Clan Name: 火災王国 Kasai ōkoku (Fire Kingdom)
Clan Ruler: Kasai-kyō Zōchin
Religion: Buhddist
Color: Red
Official Portrait:
Spoiler :

Capitol:
Spoiler :

Claims:

Mosher, you have claimed the same area as Nedim I think.

Clan Name: Mugen Tenshin Ninja Clan (霧幻天神, Infinite Heavenly God)
Clan Ruler: Ayane
Color: Dark Purple

Map:

My Shinto brothers! I would like to present an intercepted message, found on a dead Fire Kingdom envoy.

momo1000 said:
Greetings my Buddhist brothers,

The vile hordes of the Shinto pose a threat to our tranquil existence on the islands of Nippon. May I suggest an alliance of Buddha to fight the Shinto pigs?

His Excellence,
Kasai-kyō Zōchin
Fire Lord of the Fire Kingdom

wakeia clan.

Claim: The Northernmost territory on the second to southernmost island.

Religion: Animist.

Color: Green.

QUESTION:

What if a nation who gets a second warning is already at war?

I'd suggest instead of doing 4 turns you do one, but during that one turn anyone can do whatever to you.

Clan Name: Shimanu
Clan Ruler: Shimanu Okashi
Prefecture: Marked in bright green below

Clan Name: Hōjō
Clan Ruler: Hōjō Sōun
Prefecture (light blue):

Clan Crest:
Spoiler the main reason i chose this particular clan :

Top Bottom