C2C - Event Ideas

Here are some of my ideas taken from the old AND Thread.

Cock Fights
Requires: Chicken Coop

Cock fighting is causing animal activists to become furious.

• The animal activists are right, we need to stop this! (+1 :) in the city, -5% :culture:, -100-200 gold)
  • Its a cultural tradition. Let them continue. (+1 :mad:, +5% :culture: in city)
  • Lets promote cock fighting and make some money off it! (+1 :mad:, +5% :gold: +5% :culture: in city) [Req Legalized Gambling]

Snake Oil Salesman
Req: Doctor's Office

A snake oil salesman has come to your city to try to sell his miracle tonics and elixirs.

• He swindles you into buying his wears. (+1 Unhappy, +1 Unhealthy in city, -50-100 gold)
  • Lets profit off him by taxing his wears. (+1 Unhappy, +1 Unhealthy in city, +50-100 gold) [Req Mercantilism]
  • He is nothing but a charlatan. Lets kick him out of town! (+1 Happy in City, -100-200 gold) [Req Modern Medicine]

Iditarod
Req: Sled Dog Trainer

The "Iditarod" dog sledding race wants to be held in your city this year.

• No thanks.
  • Sure! Let them hold the race here. (+1 Happy, +1 Culture, -100 to 200 Gold)
  • Sure! Lets make this a major event! (+2 Happy, +2 Culture, -200 to 400 Gold) [Req Mass Media]

New Sheriff
Requires: Saloon, City is Unhappy

There is a new sheriff in town come to clean up the crime in your city.

• Do Nothing. (+1 :mad:)
  • Pay the sheriff to help clean up the town (+1 :) in the city for 5 turns, -100-200 gold)
  • Pay the sheriff a large amount to get the job done. (+1 :) in the city for 10 turns, -200-400 gold)
  • He is better off leading the military. (+1 :mad:, 1 Free "Sheriff" unit).

That reminds me... is it possible to set events to require technologies? For instance, the Cock Fights event would need Ecology, since poultry domestication obviously predates the animal rights movement by 8000 years or so. Similarily "Bugabosomethingorother's merchants make a lot of bling for their Great Leader by selling exotic parrots" is obviously going to need contact with a civ you aren't at war or embargo status with, Barter, Trade and Coinage, even sidestepping the issue of exotic parrots in weird climates and just mentally replacing them with "rare goods" for roleplay purposes.

These are definitely good ideas, though. I'd like more "human interest story", small scale type events to liven things up. Big things like wars and recessions are down to the game engine itself to simulate, but why not have the odd disease outbreak, for diseases too minor to represent via the plague system? For instance:
Syphilis Outbreak
Requires: Brothel, Gene Manipulation Not Yet Discovered
Oh dear! It seems the unsavory exploits of your city's dregs has resulted in a new health crisis in [City Name]! A quarantine of intercity traffic to and from the red light district has already been imposed by city authorities, but while this may limit the risk of wider contamination, this could still prove to be a sore spot in your cities history. What do you do?
  • Wait until the crisis b... err, resolves itself? (+3 :mad:, +3 :yuck: for 20 turns)
  • Demolish the red light district, it has gone from a necessary evil to a liability to the public health (+5 :mad: for 15 turns, Brothel destroyed)
  • Let us hope that our doctors can handle this crisis (+2 :mad:, +2 :yuck: for 10 turns, requires Apothecary Shop/Doctor's Office and 500 :gold:)
  • Thank goodness for modern medicine! (+1 :mad:, +1 :yuck: for 5 turns, requires Modern Medicine and 100 :gold:)
  • Forward this to the local CDC branch. This situation have have it's... uses. (+2 :mad:, +2 :yuck: for 10 turns, +100 :science:, requires Centers for Disease Control in your civilization and 250 :gold:)

Attachments

• StuckInSwamp.jpg
    StuckInSwamp.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 169
(Requires Electronics or some equivalent late steampunk tech [mad science?])

Music of the Gods

Some electricity nuts have started using gigantic solid state Tesla coils to create unspeakably loud low fidelity music. The spectacle of lightning bolts playing the theme of Spectral Exterminators The Motion Picture have attracted significant audiences wherever they perform.

- Enact more stringent noise pollution laws, these nerds should be doing something more productive than making "music". (costs nothing, does nothing)

- Provide seed money for a company to manufacture these things. They should be a big hit at county fairs and outdoor concerts. (1000 gold, +1 happiness from all music related buildings/stadiums/etc

- Excellent! This is truly a sign of our times. Let's promote this heavily as an acceptable addition to our orchestras. (Requires steampunk era tech/2000 gold, +2 happiness/+2 culture from all music related buildings/stadiums/etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep1r0unWkYc&feature=related

Does that pic have to be 256x256 exactly? I don't have anything like photo editing software I think.

I have already downloaded your event graphics. We don't have an event maker on the team yet but maybe Hydromancerx is learning.:mischief:

Edit; I have included it in my stuff so if it works it will be released to C2C. thanks.

Does that pic have to be 256x256 exactly? I don't have anything like photo editing software I think.

I think that the answer is yes it does, but it maybe that as long as it is a square then it is OK.

Events require XML and Python to do. There are a number I would like to do, including the inspired one about funding an expidition into the unknown. It is only one event just has a lot of possible outcomes.

I have already downloaded your event graphics. We don't have an event maker on the team yet but maybe Hydromancerx is learning.:mischief:

Edit; I have included it in my stuff so if it works it will be released to C2C. thanks.

I made loads of them. If you need more, just let me know :)

Probably any size will do as long as it's DDS DXT3.
Not sure if it has to be square or not.

Events require XML and Python to do. There are a number I would like to do, including the inspired one about funding an expidition into the unknown. It is only one event just has a lot of possible outcomes.

Every time your stone age warrior penetrates the darkness of undiscovered territory, it's an expedition into the unknown :p

I thought Arian was volunteering. But either way we really need some volunteers who know how to make them (which I don't).

I believe he is talking about the "Pictures" of the events is all, am i right Arian:confused:

Top Bottom