News: TSG21 Announcement

leif erikson

Game of the Month Fanatic
Administrator
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Civilization 5 - Game of the Month Training Series Game 21
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////////////////////////

Welcome to the twenty-first game in the GOTM V Training Series! There are plenty of new features in Civilization 5 to explore and the Training Series games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out these new features in a friendly environment. You are all encouraged to post your questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads described below. You can read more about the GOTM and Training Series concept in this thread. Before going into the details of this game, we would like to ask you to abide to our most sacred rule: don’t replay any turns. If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. It’s better to do the bad moves in the Training Series instead of in the actual GOTM competition, once it starts.

In this game, the designated VC is Domination. You may win by any VC you wish, as all VC's are enabled, but the results will be posted with fastest finish by Domination victory and then all other VC listed below by fastest time. Good Luck!

In this game you will play as Ramesses II and lead the Egyptian civilization to victory. It’s a standard sized random map played at Immortal difficulty and at standard pace. Domination victory is the designated VC for this game, all victory conditions are enabled. You will have until November 1st to complete the game and submit.

Welcome back to our Mac friends, hope you stay with us for some time to come. :thumbsup:

Please note that you are only allowed to build Oxford University one time. :nono:

Civ V - TSG21 Game Settings:
Playable Civ: Ramesses II - Egypt
Number of AI Opponents: 7
Number of City-States: 16
Map type: Random
Map Size: Standard
Difficulty Level: Immortal
Temperature: Temperate
Game pace: Standard
Game options: Promotion saving is enabled. Policy Saving is disabled. Quick Combat is disabled (You can enable it by following instructions in this link.)
Game Version: This game was created in Civ5 version 1.0.1.383

In this game, you will be playing as Ramesses II, you possess Monument Builders. You receive +20% production towards Wonder construction.

You can train the War Chariot, which replaces the Chariot Archer. The War Chariot is faster than the standard Chariot Archer and can be built without the Horse resource. It is fast on flat ground but slowed when entering rough terrain. As a mounted unit, it is vulnerable to Spearman. You must discover the technology of The Wheel to build it.

You can also build the Burial Tomb, which replaces the Temple. The Burial Tomb increases the city's happiness by +2, adds +2 culture and costs no maintenance for the city. Should an enemy capture the city in which it is located, that civilization will gain twice as much Gold as normal. You must discover the technology of Philosophy to build it.

This is where you will start:

Information about threads associated with TSG
TSG Announcement thread (this one). This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don’t be afraid to ask questions). It’s also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Please don’t post any information from a game you have started. Instead use the next thread.

Game In Progress thread. This thread is used to discuss the game once it's on the way. There are no reading or posting restrictions as such (apart from normal decency), although we encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshots. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play.

After Action Report thread. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state (preferably in the post title) your victory date and score, as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory! , We will create a separate thread with the results at the end of the two week period (sorted by date and score). Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after two weeks, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.

File Upload System
We now have a game file upload system you can find here. Please use it to upload your completed first attempt by saving the game on the turn after your victory or defeat. (by using the "lemme play one more turn" feature)

This game runs for four weeks and ends Saturday, 1 November 2011.

The Save can be found here.

Warrior to SW hill, then move settler to hill I guess... Woods nearby for chopping, that's good.

Warrior to SW hill, then move settler to hill I guess... Woods nearby for chopping, that's good.

We have another type of lux E-NE. I will move warrior on the stone tile north of settler and see if i can move my settler on the riversided silver hill. It will be easy to buy the 2nd stone tile in the 3rd ring. Research mining, sell luxury before turn 10.

I think I'll move the warrior to the eastern stone to see what's over there, but will probably settle in place as that keeps the cows in the 3rd ring and doesn't lose any turns.

Posted by Tabarnak
We have another type of lux E-NE

How do you know that? All I can see is 2 silver, 2 stone and 1 cow. E-NE is cloudy

For games involving much war, I prefer the comfort of a hill settlement so I think I shall move 1 east and keep everything visible within the 3 rings. I may vary this if my warrior turns up anything after his move.

I wonder if food might be an issue as much of our river tiles will be mined. Plenty of trees for chopping though.

Posted by Tabarnak

How do you know that? All I can see is 2 silver, 2 stone and 1 cow. E-NE is cloudy

We may have another type of lux. Sry.

Well we have a very low chance of not having a second unique lux, but i don't think so. Every starts proposed 2 or more different luxs. These luxs are usually in the 1st and 2nd ring. But it's possible to have it in the 3rd ring. In this case, if this lux is south of the non riversided siver, i will put another city south. If not, i can work it from the cap.

In fact i don't really know, only hypothetical, but settling on the riversided silver seems a strong start.

Top Bottom