Simpsons Mafia (Game Thread)

Earthling

Deity
MORNING ONE

Over the night, many Springfield residents were too concerned or panicky to head home, and camped out by town hall. In particular, 33 concerned citizens stuck around throughout most of the night and were eager to take action the next morning. 3 others had found a way to make their voices heard despite currently being in jail.

Once again Mayor Quimby spoke to the town:

"After speaking with my staff and senior officials there is only one inescapable conclusion. There are criminals among us who seek to harm the town of Springfield and its people. As such, no one will be permitted to leave town and we will hold a majority vote for the culprit to be arrested by the Springfield Police."

It took a while for the confusion and arguing over the proclamation to die down.

"...And this is Kent Brockman on Channel Six news. It seems there is a lot of unresolved business from last night. We first have this gaudily dressed gentleman wanting some airtime."

"The name's Lanley. Lyle Lanley. And I come before you good people tonight with an idea."

"And what is that? How do you think it will help the town solve its criminal crisis?"

"Well sir, there's nothing on Earth like a genuine, bona fide, electrified, six-car Monorail! What'd I say?"

"MONORAIL!" shouted several members of the town, as some seemed willing to burst into song, but were restrained for now. Nonetheless, they quickly caught the attention of the mayor and everybody else demanding a vote.

"Well folks, this is a surprising bit of news, it appears we will also have a vote on construction of the Springfield monorail in town hall today.

"I can see there is already frantic discussion about what the people of Springfield will do. Bring the camera over here and let's hear what they have to say..."

BEGIN DAY ONE

Vote to jail or hospitalize a player in bold.
A majority of all votes cast is required for a successful lynch today. This restriction only goes for Day 1.

Vote to approve Construction of the Monorail in bold Blue
A majority of all living players is required to pass the vote.

Vote to free up to one player from jail in bold Green, if you wish.
A majority of all living players is required to pass the vote.

Day One Ends in 48 hours, 0300 US Eastern Time

List of Players - Currently DAY TWENTY-THREE

LIVING (7)
classical_hero
General Olaf
Gone 3 the Celt
Jarrema
johnhughthom
NinjaCow64
Winston Hughes

JAILED (1)
Verarde

HOSPITALIZED (20)
choxorn
sirtommygunn
DaveShack
bestrfcplayer
Takhisis
Skwink - (replaced taillesskangaru)
Visorslash
TheLastDays
Mergle
BSmith1068
Turquoiside
Autolycus
GamezRule
BigTin
CivGeneral
Red_Spy
askthepizzaguy
RRRaskolnikov
mechaerik
landlubber

PERMANENTLY KILLED (3)
paulwhoisaghost (Scratchy)
Kennigit (Rich Uncle Skeleton)
Zack (Poochie)

LEFT TOWN (3)
civplayah (Chief Wiggum)
The Bake (Lyle Lanley)
mayor (Dr. Hibbert)

ELEPHANT-INDUCED COMA (1)
SouthernKing (Principal Skinner)

RETIRED (1)
Yoshiegg737 (Eddie)

Game Rules: See the Sign-Up Thread

Please be extra careful to review rules on communication.

SPECIAL NOTES

Sending Orders: For now send any ability orders to Earthling as robbiecon is somewhat unavailable. This is temporary and may change soon. Robbiecon will update you with his status when he’s available and for the rest of the game. Also for any questions ask both of us.

Game Updates

PROLOGUE - Harm done to a Springfield citizen sparks fears of criminal activity.
EVENING ONE - Springfield rejects a proposed monorail. No one is lynched.
NIGHT ONE - Nobody injured or arrested.
EVENING TWO - BigTin is voted off to jail. Choxorn is injured in a surprise attack. The town attends the Springfield Isotopes' game.
NIGHT TWO - BSmith1068 escapes from jail but no other citizens find themselves in trouble.
EVENING THREE - The anti-immigrant Proposition 24 fails, while Visorslash is jailed. paulwhoisaghost, known as Scratchy, dies in a surprising manner.
NIGHT THREE - sirtommygunn and DaveShack are attacked and hospitalized
EVENING FOUR - landlubber is jailed, and Springfield U fans are pleased to see their team win
NIGHT FOUR - landlubber is broken out of jail by someone on the outside, while no one is found attacked.
EVENING FIVE - Whacking Day is outlawed. Meanwhile, there are several casualties: Verarde jailed, BSmith hospitalized, and civplayah leaves town
NIGHT FIVE - Springfield is fortunate to see another night without anybody injured or killed.
EVENING SIX - the mob turns violent as Takhisis is hospitalized, and bestrfcplayer is injured in a surprise attack.
NIGHT SIX - Skwink is attacked and hospitalized
EVENING SEVEN - TheLastDays is released from jail and mayor is sent there by the mob
NIGHT SEVEN - No one is attacked, while BSmith1068 recovers from his stay in the hospital
EVENING EIGHT - Visorslash is released from jail and The Bake is locked up.
NIGHT EIGHT - mayor is broken out of jail. Visorslash is attacked as is TheLastDays, and both are hospitalized
EVENING NINE - Kennigit is sent to jail.
NIGHT NINE - One person escapes an attack, with no other casualties.
EVENING TEN - Jarrema is released from jail, Mergle suffers a breakdown and is hospitalized, and SouthernKing is beaten into a coma.
NIGHT TEN - BigTin is broken out of jail while nobody is attacked
EVENING ELEVEN - The people of Springfield spent all day worried about the lovable Ned Flanders.
NIGHT ELEVEN - The Bake escapes from jail, while Kennigit is killed by an attacker from the outside, and BSmith is also hospitalized
EVENING TWELVE - Turquoiside is sent to the hospital by the angry mob.
NIGHT TWELVE - another night without anyone in Springfield attacked.
EVENING THIRTEEN - Zack is lynched and dies on the way to his home planet
NIGHT THIRTEEN - Autolycus is attacked and hospitalized
EVENING FOURTEEN - GamezRule is hospitalized by the violent mob, while The Bake flees town and Yoshiegg737 retires
NIGHT FOURTEEN - Once again all the living citizens make it through the night
EVENING FIFTEEN - BigTin is sent to the hospital by the violent mob
NIGHT FIFTEEN - Citizens are met with the promising sign of everyone surviving the night.
EVENING SIXTEEN - classical_hero is sent to jail, and mayor leaves town to work on a medical case.
NIGHT SIXTEEN - Ninjacow64 is blasted by an explosion and hospitalized
EVENING SEVENTEEN - CivGeneral is the victim of the mob's violent frustrations.
NIGHT SEVENTEEN - Once again the night is quiet, without anyone harmed
EVENING EIGHTEEN - Red_Spy is injured fighting the mob of angry citizens
NIGHT EIGHTEEN - No one is attacked during the night, and NinjaCow64 recovers from his stay at the hospital
EVENING NINETEEN - Jarrema is attacked and injured by the mob, but at the same time citizens agree to release classical_hero from jail
NIGHT NINETEEN - Unfortunately Springfield sees more violence as askthepizzaguy is attacked and hospitalized
EVENING TWENTY - RRRaskolnikov is beaten and injured by the violent mob
NIGHT TWENTY - One person escapes an attack and no others are harmed
EVENING TWENTY-ONE - mechaerik is injured by the violent mob
NIGHT TWENTY-ONE - No citizens are attacked, and Jarrema recovers from his stay at the hospital
EVENING TWENTY-TWO - landlubber is electrocuted by a creatively violent lynch mob.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS​

What are we going to find out about players who started off in jail?
Spoiler :
Don't expect to be waiting on more information about those who started the game off in jail, at least not just from the GMs in a public write-up. They were considered there before game start, so while they can talk and reveal what they like, they won't get the same reveal you'd expect of say someone who is lynched.

In what order do abilities happen? Will my x happen if I am attacked/killed?
Spoiler :

This is a reasonable and straightforward question and everyone might as well get the answer, some might not have thought to ask but it could help them. Also, anyone who needs to see the rules for items/item transfers, that was already over in the sign-up thread too.

-roleblocks happen first
-all other general active abilities
-people are attacked/arrested/killed
-item transfers happen last

It should be fairly intuitive and most players have nothing specific to worry about, the primary answer being yes, your ability can go through and affect someone else if you are attacked that night.

Also, for most of the ruleset in general, we attempted to make clear that they are the case for the average player, same goes here. There may be unique things with exceptions to this general process as with other rules, but people involved should know what they are, if not you can still ask.

Can we give items to jailed/hospitalized players

Spoiler :

No, you generally can't vote or give an item to a player in jail or in the hospital.

Summary of the general rules on private communication?

Spoiler :

Yes, to summarize what we've got again: you can't quote messages from each other or the GMs, and you can't make your own quicktopics, but you can write your own messages to each other all you like. While you're Living - Jailed and Hospitalized players generally can't. (plus you may post your Role PM publicly, see that section of the rules)

Who can we vote to lynch?
Spoiler :

You may only vote to lynch Living players. Or equivalently, votes for Hospitalized, Jailed, or players in any other category won't count nor have an effect.

players may now post

TLD, you can stay in Jail. :D

Meanwhile, I'd like to chat up that sexy nurse in the hospital! :p

Hospitalise: Visorslash

And Monorail: Yes

Damn I didn't need this. My life is enough of a mess already when everyone is doing fine, but now, there are criminals in Springfield???

Geez, I will start by cleaning that kitchen... how do we even do this?

Dring Dring

"What is it?"

"We are from Lyle Langley's office, we are polling the town to know if it is supporting our monorail project?"

Whatever, my car dares to start once in a month now...

"Yes, why not?
Before you leave, do you know how a dishwasher is supposed to work???"

But the men were entering their car and leaving already.

Monorail: Yes

I'll abstain for the moment.

Let's have a Monorail, shan't we? Monorail: Yes

EDIT: If those people stay in jail, will we find out who they are?

I'm in a good mood so I abstain from beating someone up (sending him/her to the hospital) or accuse him/her of being a criminal (to jail)

About the Monorail: I'm afraid the track will bend so I have to say no to that.

And I wait for the answer to NC's question before I vote for releasing people

I think we should jail: Zack.

I am always a fan of expanded public transportation, so yes to the monorail.

And I think it would be a splendid idea to free me from jail. I’d really rather not be here.

random.org says landlubber should go to jail. Yes for the monorail. Why should we release people from jail? They are in there for a good reason!

I am confused... I feel I may have missed something...

How are there people in jail already?...

What is this about a monorail?....

Apparently I have less information than the rest of you... which in traditional mafia makes me very suspicious... but the number of seemingly informed people is overwhelming and I am thinking it is more indicitive of my ignorance than their guilt.

No on the monorail... seems to me that if I should be supporting this cause then I would know something about it. Those that have voted yes so far must have some sort of hidden agenda for wanting it constructed, otherwise why would they blindly vote in favor without considering that someone is going to benefit from it?

One more thing.... why is visorslash voting to hospitalize himself.... that seems kind of... backwards....

-So lost.....

I'm pretty sure you have the same information as the rest of us.

Guys... please release me from a jail! I am innocent member of comunity, any scan can prove that!

I'll abstain for the moment.

Let's have a Monorail, shan't we? Monorail: Yes

EDIT: If those people stay in jail, will we find out who they are?

We know who they are... look at the player list.. jailed players are in a seperate category than the living players.

I'm pretty sure you have the same information as the rest of us.

Then what is your reasoning for voting in favor of the Monorail? If you have no more knowledge than I do.... then why support something you know nothing about? What would it do to the game? Mechanics-wise, what purpose does it serve? How do you know that it won't benefit someone whose win condition conflicts with yours?

I assume people in jail don't have items currently.

did not expect 3 people in jail to begin with, sucks for them since only 1 can be released at most a day.

I will jail:takhisis and yes: monorail. That monorail did wonders for north haverbrook!

Then what is your reasoning for voting in favor of the Monorail? If you have no more knowledge than I do.... then why support something you know nothing about? What would it do to the game? Mechanics-wise, what purpose does it serve? How do you know that it won't benefit someone whose win condition conflicts with yours?

I don’t, but I also don’t know that it won’t be something good. So in absence of information I am voting for it so that I can see what happens. Depending on what happens with this vote, I’ll be (potentially) more informed about what may happen when the next vote comes up. If we as a town continuously vote down these types of things, we will never know what would happen, good or bad.

oh, let's release Jarrema

While I may be somewhat biased here, we need to act carefully when voting to release people from jail. The rules state that we need a majority of living players to vote for a release, not just a plurality of votes. So splitting a vote between two jailed people will almost certainly guarantee that neither of them gets out.

May I propose that we release me today, and then we can all release Jarrema tomorrow?

Release a player from Jail

Each day, the town may vote to release up to one player from jail. This vote is independent of other votes, please vote in bold green. It takes approval of a majority of all Living players to release one candidate from jail, not just a plurality of votes. Otherwise, the town will not release someone from jail at the end of the day.

(bold mine)

I say we jail: choxorn I think we shouldn't release someone until the cops give us the results of their investigations.

Top Bottom