[112] No messages concerning city growth etc.

skodkim

Deity
Hi

Just started a new game with VEM 112.

Am I the only one experiencing not getting messages concerning city growth, cultural border growth, etc? I turned all messages on but receive only some categories like wars, peace, DOF, ...

Using VEM 112 in conjunction with other mods.

\Skodkim

Suggest going back to basic Skodkim. You should be getting them. Follow the guide for cleanly installing VEM, try VEM without your other mods, then add your other mods one by one until you find where the problem is.
Cheers

Suggest going back to basic Skodkim. You should be getting them. Follow the guide for cleanly installing VEM, try VEM without your other mods, then add your other mods one by one until you find where the problem is.
Cheers

I know, I know...

It's just that I've never seen this problem before using the same mods and previous versions og VEM.

So in other words: You can confirm, that it does work with VEM 112?

\Skodkim

Do you use the new ingame editor?
Seems this one make this problems with our beloved mod.

I went back to v.4 of this mod which didnt make problems, and i dont miss the new features because i dont use this mod much.

Yes I do - and updated from v. 4 since my last game where notifications worked (good catch).

Will try going back to v. 4 and see if it solves the problem.

Saw your bug report on the IGE thread.

\Skodkim

Do you use the new ingame editor?
Seems this one make this problems with our beloved mod.

I went back to v.4 of this mod which didnt make problems, and i dont miss the new features because i dont use this mod much.

Hi

just popped in to say that I can confirm that this was an incompatibility issue with Ingame Editor v7, While v4 seems to work OK with VEM.

\Skodkim

Hello.

While trying to make my mod compatible with VEM, I found this list of problems:
* VEM_Common.lua, line 65: strStatus should be replaced by strResult (nil concatenation)
* AutoTips adds its own copy of InfoTooltipInclude.lua but it lacks many of the original functions. Any mod relying on those functions will fail if CivUP is present.
* When notifications are overridden by CustomNotifications, the ID is not preserved. As a result, if a mod cancels a notification, it is not canceled in VEM's notification panel.

Thank you DonQuiche!

• Which file are you referring to? I do not believe there is a "VEM_Common.lua"
    Edit: Nevermind, I found what you're referring to in EPM_Common.lua. :goodjob:
  • Thank you, I've now added calls from the deprecated vanilla functions in InfoTooltipInclude (seen below).
  • Sneaks did CustomNotifications, so I'll point him to this thread.
PHP:
function GetFoodTooltip(pCity)          return GetYieldTooltip(pCity, YieldTypes.YIELD_FOOD)        end
function GetProductionTooltip(pCity)    return GetYieldTooltip(pCity, YieldTypes.YIELD_PRODUCTION)  end
function GetGoldTooltip(pCity)          return GetYieldTooltip(pCity, YieldTypes.YIELD_GOLD)        end
function GetScienceTooltip(pCity)       return GetYieldTooltip(pCity, YieldTypes.YIELD_SCIENCE)     end
function GetCultureTooltip(pCity)       return GetYieldTooltip(pCity, YieldTypes.YIELD_CULTURE)     end
function GetYieldTooltipHelper(pCity, iYieldType, strIcon) return GetYieldTooltip(pCity, iYieldType)end

Top Bottom