TSG19 Results and Congratulations

leif erikson

Game of the Month Fanatic
Administrator
GOTM Staff
Supporter
A list of the submissions for this game is assembled here. The list is compiled by date and also by score.

Of 8 submissions, there were two wins. :worship:

First place :trophy: goes to tommynt with a 1780 AD Culture victory. :bowdown:

Second place :trophy2nd: goes to DaveMcW with an 1832 AD Culture victory. :thumbsup:

Congratulations to the trophy winners for succeeding in this challenge. :hatsoff:

:thanx: to all who played the game and participated in the discussions. I was impressed by the determination to try to beat this scenario and the excellent discussion in the In-Progress thread. :goodjob:

Please help us out by using the upload system for your results as we need to exercise it some more. Special thanks to AlanH for teaching me how to compiling results and checking on me. :thanx:

willpax Loss Science 246 1675 AD 409 409 3:19 3

This is quite interesting, so even Tommynt would have lost if he get the same runaway civ :)
I know it is possible to make some civ attack another, but sometimes if creates an opposing results as wanted, it becomes even bigger :)

Congrats to both winners!

My 1st attempt ended at around turn 150 when I gave up (would have been a science loss, I guess)

My 2nd attempt ended in a 239!!! Science loss!. When replaying this one from turn 150 and bribing wars I was finally able to win turn 289, very close to a diplo loss as well! (I bought CS's and declared war to avoid a UN loss!)

Rome's early behaviour was key IMHO, his 2nd city placement in particular, and dowing others before us.

Still, Dave en Tommynt, both of you consistently win, what is the trick??? How do you convince the nearby civs not to attack you? In both games I signed early gpt deals with Rome for a worker. This sometimes seem to help. Do you build your army quicker???

Still, Dave en Tommynt, both of you consistently win, what is the trick??? How do you convince the nearby civs not to attack you? In both games I signed early gpt deals with Rome for a worker. This sometimes seem to help. Do you build your army quicker???

I think we got totaly different approaches.
Dave tries not to expand towards other civs to not anoy them and just does friendly stuff and hopes (makes em) that they attack each other.

I play very aggresive. Rush buy units a lot and well - with having enough untis ai is scared and wont attack. I rather attack myself if opportunity is there.
I also nearly allways try very hard to get CS early - as they will very very often have good missions afterwards. Lot early uints help to get them ...
Also my experience is that ai attacks are only threatful if boarders are very close to each other. I have never seen it send like 10 units more then 5 tiles away from its own boarder. So back cities should allways be save.

Top Bottom