News: TSG22 Announcement

leif erikson

Game of the Month Fanatic
Administrator
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Civilization 5 - Game of the Month Training Series Game 22
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////////////////////////

Welcome to the twenty-second game in the GOTM V Training Series! There are plenty of new features in Civilization 5 to explore and the Training Series games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out these new features in a friendly environment. You are all encouraged to post your questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads described below. You can read more about the GOTM and Training Series concept in this thread. Before going into the details of this game, we would like to ask you to abide to our most sacred rule: don’t replay any turns. If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. It's better to do the bad moves in the Training Series instead of in the actual GOTM competition, once it starts.

In this game, the designated VC is Culture. You may win by any VC you wish, as all VC's are enabled, but the results will be posted with fastest finish by Culture victory and then all other VC listed below by fastest time. Good Luck!

In this game you will play as Montezuma and lead the Aztec civilization to victory. It's a standard sized lakes map played at King difficulty and at standard pace. Culture victory is the designated VC for this game, all victory conditions are enabled. You will have until November 15th to complete the game and submit.

Welcome back to our Mac friends, hope you stay with us for some time to come. :thumbsup:

Please note that you are only allowed to build Oxford University one time. :nono:

Civ V - TSG22 Game Settings:
Playable Civ: Montezuma - Aztecs
Number of AI Opponents: 7
Number of City-States: 16
Map type: Lakes - random size
Map Size: Standard
Difficulty Level: King
Temperature: Temperate
Game pace: Standard
Game options: Promotion saving is enabled. No Ancient Ruins and Random Personalities are enabled.
Policy Saving is disabled. Quick Combat is disabled (You can enable it by
following instructions in this link.)

Game Version: This game was created in Civ5 version 1.0.1.383

In this game, you will be playing as Montezuma, you possess Sacrificial Captives. You gain culture for your empire with each enemy unit killed.

You can train the Jaguar, which replaces the Warrior. The Jaguar is a fairly weak early-game military unit only the Aztecs can build. The unit fights more effectively in Jungle and heals damage when it kills an enemy unit, unlike the Warrior it replaces. You start the game with Jaguars and do not need to discover a tech nor have a resource to build it.

You can also build the Floating Gardens, which replaces the Water Mill. The Floating Gardens provide +15% food and each lake tile worked provides +2 food. It can only be built in a city on a river or lake. You must discover the technology of The Wheel to build it.

This is where you will start:

Information about threads associated with TSG
TSG Announcement thread (this one). This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don’t be afraid to ask questions). It’s also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Please don’t post any information from a game you have started. Instead use the next thread.

Game In Progress thread. This thread is used to discuss the game once it's on the way. There are no reading or posting restrictions as such (apart from normal decency), although we encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshots. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play.

After Action Report thread. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state (preferably in the post title) your victory date and score, as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory! , We will create a separate thread with the results at the end of the two week period (sorted by date and score). Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after two weeks, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.

File Upload System
We now have a game file upload system you can find here. Please use it to upload your completed first attempt by saving the game on the turn after your victory or defeat. (by using the "lemme play one more turn" feature)

This game runs for four weeks and ends Tuesday, 15 November 2011.

The Save can be found here.

Definitely settling in place on this one.
No Ancient Ruins and Random Personalities are enabled.
These mean I probably won't bother with a scout and the AI is going to be a lot more unpredictable than usual.

Definitely settling in place on this one.These mean I probably won't bother with a scout and the AI is going to be a lot more unpredictable than usual.

It's a pangea style map. Even without ruins, i think a scout can be useful to reach more city states and more civs earlier. Maybe a jag can be better since you can get culture from barbs too. But i think i will stick for a scout start.

I agree about settling in place. Early granary+floating gardens is awesome here.

Not I! :mischief:

Thanks for posting this Leif. I was getting so bored I had to resort to homework!
You're welcome. Would hate to have you face that fate... :lol:

The game without ruins is brilliant!!! Finally!!

Mmm, Lakes - random size means we got huge size also?

This looks a fantastic starting position so I will settle in place. I think an early scout is preferable to find those friendly cultural city states.

I will start this when I finish my current game. That is a cultural OCC (not with Monty though) at king difficulty so it will be interesting how it compares. Never switched off ruins before. I shall be interested to see how much difference that makes. Looking on the positive side at least I won't have to worry about hoping for a 20 cultural boost from a ruin only to pop a map of the surrounding area.

Mmm, Lakes - random size means we got huge size also?

Yes. For lakes only. Size of map is still standard.

This looks great, should be a lot of fun!

Never played a random lakes map before--are the borders of the map ocean or land? In other words, is this like pangea or continents with holes, or Swiss-cheese plains?

Never played a random lakes map before--are the borders of the map ocean or land? In other words, is this like pangea or continents with holes, or Swiss-cheese plains?
:hmm: Thinking it is a bit more like pangea with an east-west world wrap? :scan:

Good luck. :)

2 questions:

1. Do I need any DLC for participation?
2. At which tech will I be not able to build jaguars anymore? Ironworking or a later tech?

Top Bottom