Civ V PBEM

Turjo

Warlord
I posted in another thread, but I think it is more appropriate to just start its own.

My friend and I are interested in playing people in PBEM games. We are looking for a long-term, mostly casual game. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Absolutely! We have a couple more spots that we'd like to fill before we get the game started. Anyone else?

Eh, sure. I'll give it a go. add me on steam, im usually in civplayers lobby. *kyp durron

tell ya what i would like. the biggest map, the largest number of civs and city states, US based players (game will run smoother), random civ choice, all civ controlled by human opponent, meaning each of the players will control multiple civs, keep game to small number of players.

tell ya what i would like. the biggest map, the largest number of civs and city states, US based players (game will run smoother), random civ choice, all civ controlled by human opponent, meaning each of the players will control multiple civs, keep game to small number of players.

Hmmm. I don't think it will matter where the players live since it is a PBEM game. It's not like we are all going to be connected at the same time...

I was thinking more of a 5 player FFA on a smaller-sized map. I don't see the need for each player to control multiple civs....that will just make it easier to cheat.

if we are all in the US or its time regions there will be times when we are all online. so there will be times when we can knock out some turns. unlike an around the world pbem (which i'm apart of several) where a turn comes everyday or 2 or 3. hmm how would someone cheat? dont understand how someone could cheat w/ password protected files. the civs cant trade tech any more even if they could its still not cheating. its not like civ4 where there was and adim password for the game. so if someone drops out the game is DEAD (you cant get in to that PW protected file). in civ4 the game creator could go in the game and replace a player. think about a multi civ large map you may not even meet your other civ til mid game or later. you know you have a friend out there but you have to meet him in order to work together. these are a just some suggestion but please seriously consider them.

Did you guys get a PBEM game going? How does it work when civ v apparently has no PBEM feature?

I am interested in joining if you need another player

Thanks

Top Bottom