Civilization MMORPG.

Ruler

Prince
Not sure if this is debated here yet but I just noticed it.

IXL Games, Jake Song’s company, starts recruiting experienced developers for the new project called Project X3. Project X3 is known as Civilization MMORPG.

Take Two interactive that owns Civilization IP made a contract with XL Games on May for making new MMORPG using IP Take Two has.

The reason, which XL Games is recruiting new developers, is that they want to operate teams separately; A team for their upcoming MMORPG Archeage and the other for MMORPG Civilization.

Jake Song himself will lead the team for Civilization MMORPG developing.

It is hard to imagine what the result would look like when the legendary Korean MMORPG developer meets the classic game.

http://koreangamers.com/2011/07/20/jake-song-starts-developing-civilization/

Another link: http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/07/21/xl-games-making-civilization-mmo/

I think pretty interesting, just imagine WoW but all zones are "Civilizations".

I want to play as the military advisor! :D

Very interesting.

I REALLY hope this doesn't take energy away from Civ V expansion packs!

Maybe it's common to announce projects like this though, I don't know..

But if they are announcing future Civ games, I think they should give info about Expansions too, no matter if it's released next year or whatever, but I'd like to know if there's going to be one.

Ha ha ha ha ha this has to be a joke. XL Games hasn't even finished their only game in development yet, not too mention I have absolutely no idea how you could ever make Civ an MMORPG, it simply wouldn't be Civ. And it will also probably fail and be a waste of time and money anyway.

Its no joke, but whether its MMORPG or just Online its yet to see, its been in development now 1 year so its at least another 3 year.

Why not, you start somewhere 2000 B.C, you visit all Civilizations and end up in very modern world for endgame.... One hell of a ride if you ask from me. :lol:

Information about this is really scarce. I think somekind of MMORTS could work best for Civ. Also where XL Games is after ArcheAge, thats one question too, if this even see the day light.

Hmmmm, I wonder if it will have a Raging Orcs setting? Will Steam now spam us with exhortations to try Civilization MMORPG in addition to the Civilization for Dummies version on Facebook?
At best this is an attempt to make a quick buck off of a venerable series. At worst it will be a travesty.

I'd be more interested in Firaxis getting a free to play version of Civilization first. And not the Zynga stuff they got going on in Facebook now, I mean an actual attempt.

They really need to do good with ArcheAge, budget 25 mill and 10 mill of their own money and XL Games's first game was dropped..

Its really scary last thing I want to see some Asian Style like Panda Civilization. :p

You know, a cynical person might claim that 2K Games was slapping the Civilization brand name onto as many products as possible, in an attempt to maximize revenue through shameless exploitation of a classic franchise.

Civ City: Rome
Civ Colonization
Civilization: Revolution
Civilization 5
Civilization 5 DLC
Civ World
Civilization: The Mobile Game
Civilization: The MMO

Fortunately, that would never happen, right?

*Ugh* This sounds terrible. :eek:

Surely they can't be serious?

You know, a cynical person might claim that 2K Games was slapping the Civilization brand name onto as many products as possible, in an attempt to maximize revenue through shameless exploitation of a classic franchise.
Fortunately, that would never happen, right?[/QUOTE

LOL! I wouldn't be surprised if the next version of Civ came from an unholy Maxis/Firaxis alliance: "Civilization 6: The SIMS. Now you, too, can know what your Workers are thinking about whether you want to or not!" This will be soon followed by the Debauchery DLC: "Adds the Sodom and Gomorrah civilization featuring the Vomitorium Unique Building!"

Fortunately, that would never happen, right?

No, no, that would never happen. 2K are striving to make quality games just as much as, let's say, Square-Enix. :rolleyes:

It reminds me of this movie scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BJcLq52-M2k#t=176s

Top Bottom