New Patch On Its Way (2K Greg Confirms) (november, 30th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Putmalk

Deity
Posted on the Civilization V forums:

http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?116136-No-news-from-2K/page2

2K Greg said:
Hey dudes,

I want to confirm to you that our plans for Civilization V are far from done. Another patch is currently in the works (QA is doing a pass on it now and I'll have more details soon) and there are some much bigger plans we hope to announce in the coming months.

Let the speculation begin? :p

Update #1:
http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?116273-The-Patch&

2K Greg said:
Hey forumers,

As I mentioned yesterday, a new Civilization V patch is currently in QA. I don’t have the full change list yet, but I will tell you that this patch focuses primarily on improving the stability of multiplayer.

As soon as I have the specific list of fixes, I’ll update this thread with them. I just wanted you to know the general theme of the patch right away :)

Update #2:
http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?116293-On-the-horizon-Pitboss-and-DLL-Source

2K Greg said:
Yesterday I mentioned in another thread that a patch is coming soon. Head on over there if you haven't seen it yet.

Well today, I want to let you know about a couple more things that are on the horizon: Pitboss and the DLL source code. These things will not be in the aforementioned patch, and are still many months from being ready for prime time, but I wanted you guys to know that we have a team actively working on these two things. I don’t normally like to tease these things so far in advance, but I know how much some of you have been craving both of these (I have been too)! As stated in the past, these will be free updates for everyone. As always, as soon as I have more detailed information about either of these I’ll bring it to you. :)

Update #3: (12/15/11)
http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?116273-The-Patch&p=1486953#post1486953

2K Greg said:
No ETA yet, but I'll check with the team to see what's up.

Moderator Action: Edited date of the post into the title for some clarity.

The way Greg phrased it, I am already hyper hyped.
I can't wait, and I don't even know what I am waiting for!

Thanks for posting this, Putmalk! :goodjob:

The way Greg phrased it, I am already hyper hyped.
I can't wait, and I don't even know what I am waiting for!

Thanks for posting this, Putmalk! :goodjob:

You're welcome!

Glad I can help the community in any way possible.

I think they'll roll out AI-in-the-Cloud. Every turn the game will send the game state back to a cluster of machines via Steam in order to compute the next AI move. /hopelessly optimistic, not cynical

fully functional Nexus tools with asset/animation importer? :please:

Some sort of unit between the Trireme and the Frigate?

Some sort of unit between the Trireme and the Frigate?

Like what? Medieval times weren't noted for their ability to create warships. The only thing I could imagine would be a War Galley from, say, Age of Empires II.

Well. This will surely liven up things around here!

When I catch any wind of patch notes I will update my OP to include them.

I have no idea about the patch. Last time they caught me by surprise. I suspect there won't be another overhaul of social policies, but you never know. I suspect some state balancing (both units and buildings) and some AI changes. I think they're happy with the Diplomacy system, but a few modifications wouldn't hurt. Some multiplayer additions would be nice.

The bigger plans are interesting. The way it's phrased means more than a Civ DLC. It might be the dll, though.

Hopefully there will be special attention to the late game now, and a line of ranged units for your archers to upgrade to. Great Scientists need to give a number of beakers OR a free tech, right now its definitely OP for Babylon in the late game to bulb free techs left, right and center.

Further, I'd like to see more types of luxuries so that trading is more valuable. Add in things like Jade, Tobacco, Chocolate, Coffee, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom