31 Player Hotseat

Sparthage

Fighting Tyranny
As you could guess from the title, I'm wondering how to create a hotseat game with more than the standard 8 players. I've seen it done before, so I know it's possible, but I have no idea how to do it.

Anyone know how to?

I saw it in a story by BuckyRea on another website (which is now down :() and it was mentioned by SimaQian in the Civ3 S&T forums (the story itself was Global).

I'll try to find a link.

There seems to be truth in it.

Bucky, nice to see you writing again. You really do have the perspective of a history teacher!

Now, since you and need my speed are curious:

There is a way to get more than 8 civs in multiplayer, though you can't do it through the game. It's not very straightforward, but some day (when I can finally be arsed to do so) I may be able to supply a tool for that.

Post a save and tell me which civs you want make human-controlled, and I might be able to help you with that.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8906913&postcount=36

Just run the save and it´s true, there are 31 human players playing on the save...
I´ll make some tests and post the results...but maybe Sima can enlighten us..

Is this likely to work for more than just hotseat multiplayer games? Can this be used to have more than 8 AI civs or only human controlled Civs? It would be super sweet if a mate an I who play Civ multiplayer could have more than 6 AI aponents.

EDIT: I tried the 31 Civs save that Sima Quain posted with a hotseat game but it still seemed to only have 8 players. How do you make it work?

EDIT 2: On testing a bit more it would seem that there are 31 civs in the hotseat game but only 8 are playable by a human player. When I retired the historigraph showed 31 civs but I only got to cycle through the turns for the first 8 civs then it went back to civ 1 when playing.

Hi!

Thanks for the interest everyone. It seems that quite a few people want to call me out of retirement for this, so I guess it's in high demand.

Unfortunately I still have to work out some kinks in the tool chain for making this happen, so I'll investigate later this week. In the meantime, if there's any save file you urgently want me to fix please send me an PM with an attachment, tell me specifically which civs to make human and which to make AI, and I may be able to set it up for you.

Top Bottom