News: TSG26 Announcement

leif erikson

Game of the Month Fanatic
Administrator
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Civilization 5 - Game of the Month Training Series Game 26
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////////////////////////

Welcome to the twenty-sixth game in the GOTM V Training Series! There are plenty of new features in Civilization 5 to explore and the Training Series games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out these new features in a friendly environment. You are all encouraged to post your questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads described below. You can read more about the GOTM and Training Series concept in this thread. Before going into the details of this game, we would like to ask you to abide to our most sacred rule: don’t replay any turns. If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. It's better to do the bad moves in the Training Series instead of in the actual GOTM competition, once it starts.

In this game, the designated VC is Diplomatic. You may win by any VC you wish, as all VC's are enabled, but the results will be posted with fastest finish by Diplomatic victory and then all other VC listed below by fastest time. Good Luck!

In this game you will play as Washington and lead the American civilization to victory. It's a small sized mystery map played at Prince difficulty and at Quick pace. Diplomatic victory is the designated VC for this game, all victory conditions are enabled. You will have until January 15th to complete the game and submit.

Mac players are welcome as you currently have the same version as windows. :cheers:

Please note that you are only allowed to build Oxford University one time. :nono:

Civ V - TSG26 Game Settings:
Playable Civ: Washington - America
Number of AI Opponents: 5
Number of City-States: 16
Map type: Mystery
Map Size: Small
Difficulty Level: Prince
Game pace: Quick
Game options: Random Personalities and Promotion saving are enabled. Policy Saving is disabled. Quick Combat is disabled (You can enable it by following instructions in this link.)
Game Version: This game was created in Civ5 version 1.0.1.383

In this game, you will be playing as Washington, you possess Manifest Destiny. You receive +1 sight for all military units and a 50% discount when purchasing tiles.

You can train the Minuteman, which replaces the Musketman. The Minuteman can move through difficult terrain as though it were clear (all tiles cost 1 mp per hex) and it receives a bonus when fighting in rough terrain. You must discover the technology of Gunpowder and do not need a resource to build it.

You can also train the B17, which replaces the Bomber. The B17 is similar to the bomber but is more difficult for enemy anti-aircraft and fighters to target. The B17 also receives a bonus when attacking enemy cities. Like the Bomber, the B17 has a range of 10 hexes. You must discover the technology of Radar and have Oil available to build it.

This is where you will start:

Information about threads associated with TSG
TSG Announcement thread (this one). This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don’t be afraid to ask questions). It’s also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Please don’t post any information from a game you have started. Instead use the next thread.

Game In Progress thread. This thread is used to discuss the game once it's on the way. There are no reading or posting restrictions as such (apart from normal decency), although we encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshots. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play.

After Action Report thread. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state (preferably in the post title) your victory date and score, as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory! , We will create a separate thread with the results at the end of the two week period (sorted by date and score). Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after two weeks, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.

File Upload System
We now have a game file upload system you can find here. Please use it to upload your completed first attempt by saving the game on the turn after your victory or defeat. (by using the "lemme play one more turn" feature)

This game runs for four weeks and ends Sunday, 15 January 2012.

The Save can be found here.

I think I'll move the warrior to the sheep to see what's south of those hills. Then it's just 2 turns to those ruins, so I'd only lose 1 turn in reaching them. Depending on what I see to the south, I may settle on one of those two riverside hills. Most likely the eastern one to keep those cows in the 3rd ring and still get both incense.

Pretty much what Monthar said.

I am tempted settling in the forest by the river between the mountain and the jungle. An observatory is a nice science boost, especially when there is jungle for the university as well.

I'm moving my warrior like Monthar, then (depending on what the warrior uncovers) I was thinking about settling on the eastern incense, to get more grasslands in my ring as well as take advantage of all three food resources.

This could be a very good start.
Settling in place is not a good idea, because there is not even a 2 food hex in the first ring, and setting anywhere else could take 2 turn because of the river.

I would either settle on the east incense (3 food in 2nd ring and noo need worker for the first incense) or near the mountain (for observatory) or to the east hill if there is any intresting thing to the south.

Just finally going to get to fire this one up...but after looking at this, I am going to sacrifice for that forest next to the mountain (thinking the science boost later will outweigh a one or two turn starting loss). Although, it almost looks like a Natural Wonder more than a mountain (looks like a crater instead of the gray/white colored mountain look I am used to seeing).

Liberty, Patronage and Rationalism are my social policies I plan to focus on. Also thinking a 5 city setup would be ideal and if possible, make them tall cities. Oh, and my target is 300 turns (so I can at least have a chance). :)

So.. I forgot to do the 'one more turn' thing. I had to reload to a turn before, retrace my steps and save again. Can I upload it?

Players are playing and submitting it. It caused a hicup with the submission system as the save format changed. Haven't heard of any other problems, so good luck. :thumbsup:

edit - loaded for me when I tried it. :)

Just finally going to get to fire this one up...but after looking at this, I am going to sacrifice for that forest next to the mountain (thinking the science boost later will outweigh a one or two turn starting loss). Although, it almost looks like a Natural Wonder more than a mountain (looks like a crater instead of the gray/white colored mountain look I am used to seeing).
I'm sure it's not the gift of El Dorado, despite the Christmas decoration of the forums...
Will settle on the SE hill, probably. The capital needs good production.

Liberty, Patronage and Rationalism are my social policies I plan to focus on. Also thinking a 5 city setup would be ideal and if possible, make them tall cities. Oh, and my target is 300 turns (so I can at least have a chance). :)
That sounds like a plan, except that I am aiming for a faster finish that that. Three hundred turns is an awful lot on Quick. ;)

Top Bottom